User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    There is always the chance, but generally I dont actually consider it "called" if I don't see how they act most of the time. And the amount of times I HAVE "called it" logically lead me to trust in my ability to pick up on things.

I mean, its not that unbelievable is it? Aren't there people who have amazing deductive abilities? (Not counting fictional characters)

Besides, the way I like to put it is I don't figure someones hopes and dreams and aspiritions. I figure what they actually do. Thier Mask v.s. their Face. But if you wear a Mask for years and dont take it off...see what I'm saying
    I figure out the logical thing to figure out. What someones does and will do.

I'm not saying I can read minds or do anything out of the ordinary, I just know which things to pick up on, and what they mean.
    Do not make this debate here too long though, You are revealing every single one of the entp secrets
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh well yeah that sucks...he's just a lil screwed up then and sounds like he should listen to ya.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Do not make this debate here too long though, You are revealing every single one of the entp secrets
    Drat. And here I was quite positive I had never known such secrets.

In the words of a great sage. "D'OH"

Anyway, I think this quote sums it up...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How in the world did you deduce that?" I asked.

"Deduce what?" said he, petulantly.

"Why, that he was a retired sergeant of Marines."

"I have no time for trifles," he answered, brusquely; then with a smile, "Excuse my rudeness. You broke the thread of my thoughts; but perhaps it is as well. So you actually were not able to see that that man was a sergeant of Marines?"

"No, indeed."

"It was easier to know it than to explain why I knew it. If you were asked to prove that two and two made four, you might find some difficulty, and yet you are quite sure of the fact. Even across the street I could see a great blue anchor tattooed on the back of the fellow's hand. That smacked of the sea. He had a military carriage, however, and regulation side whiskers. There we have the marine. He was a man with some amount of self-importance and a certain air of command. You must have observed the way in which he held his head and swung his cane. A steady, respectable, middle-aged man, too, on the face of him -- all facts which led me to believe that he had been a sergeant."
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

the rationaledge does it work with other NTs?

I can see what your doing as i do it myself but i don't normally go so indepth.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to figure people out. It helps us to better relate to others and see where they're coming from.

The problem comes when we judge people from the start and then are unwilling to revise our opinions and continue to treat someone as what they are not.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to figure people out. It helps us to better relate to others and see where they're coming from.

The problem comes when we judge people from the start and then are unwilling to revise our opinions and continue to treat someone as what they are not.
    Ya but the more you dive into typing shit the more your brain gets enceased in the fire -.-
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

In regards to Squibbles post. I think this sums it up well. I see nothing wrong with what you're doing, just err on the side of caution when it comes to applying those things you discover when you're 'figuring' someone out.

I think the ENFP is concerned because you may sound a lot more deliberate and black-and-white about the way you decide things. ENFPs have a bad habit of seeing the best in people even though signs are showing there's clearly not a lot to see.. There's a sort of optimism there that never dies no matter how many times it's abused.

What you see as an initial impression and run with it until you're proven differently, ENFP sounds like the sort of person that puts little thought into the current actions and clues and runs with what's applied to them as it's applied to them. So long as you're capable of being proven differently, you're fine in the way you're doing things. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a foundation to stand on with the people around you.

I think ENFPs tend to want to be given the benefit of the doubt no matter what, the way they do for others. So.. when you're always displaying this 'judgemental' way, he could take it as 'Is this the way you're treating me too? What if I had met you a year ago when I wasn't so awesome?' sort of thing.

Just my initial impressions and thoughts on the matter based on the information provided.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge