• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Day w/o intellect

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha, thats a lovely attitude, but I think I have grown too old to still have the guts for that :D

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not sure I would want to, but I may just to learn what it is like....OH DRAT...foiled again.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
anything i do; anything at all, i will try to improve. it is not possible for me to do something without thinking about how to better it.

Gotta go with this. Someone in an earlier post mentioned something about riding a bike in a long distance. While doing this, they said their thoughts are slowed possibly enough to be in a state without intellect. I don't believe them, unless they are always stagnate in their progress. Even when someone ages they try to figure an angle to strategize a makeshift system to remain at some kind of peak with their interest. i do this while in the physical act of running a marathon. Probably even more so while in the act than afterward or before. Which leads me to believe the instinctive process of intellectualization is an instinct that all of us possess.

It's what separates us from the other life forms that have been observing us from space all this time:)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha, thats a lovely attitude, but I think I have grown too old to still have the guts for that :D

You're younger than me and you don't even have kids like I do. Don't say you've given up already?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Gotta go with this. Someone in an earlier post mentioned something about riding a bike in a long distance. While doing this, they said their thoughts are slowed possibly enough to be in a state without intellect. I don't believe them, unless they are always stagnate in their progress.

You might not believe me, but you're hardly in my mind, man. After 6-7 hours and 3 15 kms long climbs, I was truly thinking about nothing - and no, I was not "stagnate in my progress", if that means that usually I'm not thinking about how to improve my condition.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're younger than me and you don't even have kids like I do. Don't say you've given up already?

Nah why ? I am just not the country explorer. On our 3 week trips we had an excellent tour guide. A guy that comes from a family that travels like 50 times a year, he knew all the nice spots and took us there.

I didnt care tho, gave me nothing, I could have spent the whole holiday at one beach or one labroatory or so... Maybe the urge to explore the country comes with age, I dunno

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i've always had the urge to explore. it is why i've gone on longer journeys across the planet alone. i don't like staying in one place for too long, it fucks with me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Kinda different attitude there. I always try to build a fortress at the place I am at and get along with the things that need to be done here. The only place I would give that up for tho, would be space. But then I would need to be stationed on one ship for longer time, otherwise I would go nuts.

Maybe thats Si-prowess :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
i've always had the urge to explore.

Totally. Even when I was less than ten years old, my brother and I used to go down to the river, commandeer rowing boats and disappear for days with survival books, trying stuff out, come back and leave the boat where we found it. You could get away with that in rural northern England in the 80's! Nowadays it'd be all health and safety and adult/child ratio and insurance forms and shit... bleh. I'd still go though, if I were a kid now.

That's very unusual though entropie, an ENTP that doesn't care to explore!

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I believe the title of this thread should be "Day without intellectual musings" and not a "day without intellect". As others have mentioned, if the latter were even possible, it would be highly disasterous.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I believe the title of this thread should be "Day without intellectual musings" and not a "day without intellect". As others have mentioned, if the latter were even possible, it would be highly disasterous.

i fail to see how that would make a semantic difference in this context.