First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

only when i stress out.
    i have a priority queue running inside my head for what i want/need to think about, and most of the time it's empty from needs. however, whenever i get stressed out, it starts filling up and i start malfunctioning. it's like a silent panic or an ArraySizeException.
    i start doing whatever it is i need to do, even if i can't find an obvious solution to it. after a while, then feeling automatically gets soothed and i return to a stable state of mind.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When they race, do you make bets on which one will win?

In all seriousness I do this too. It's probably an NP thing, moreso ENP, but still an Ne thing. When I'm really focused my thoughts race, or when I'm worried, trying to solve something, etc. Sometimes for no reason at all. I find that exercise helps stop this, playing a game, etc. Something to distract yourself.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I'm so glad this happens to other people, too. I thought maybe I was selectively manic, but only with this symptom. Or something.

I haven't figured out how to deal with it yet.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My ENFP sis complains of this too. I still think the root lies in Ne going off the rails.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    entp

there are so many possibilities to a situation, sometimes its hard to choose which one applies more and which ones are just me being hyper

how do you decide whats more applicable? i think we might have to grow some Se for that...ya? or have a Ne 'guided'

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    My ENFP sis complains of this too. I still think the root lies in Ne going off the rails.
    DEF.

For me, it's like I have to have something to think about/pick apart/turn over in my mind/attack from every angle. If I'm in a good place, it's something new and exciting that's recently happened and I'm figuring out how it fits into the big picture of my life. If I'm tired/stressed/unhappy/been stagnating, my mind starts tearing apart the things it needs to leave alone - stuff that I'm totally happy with in life (job/friends/locale, etc).

Sleep, exercise, avoiding stasis, and nicotine all seem to help. But especially sleep.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

Could you explain what you're talking about a little bit more, Synarch? It's a nice metaphor, but it's wildly confusing when I try to actually relate it to the way my thoughts work.

Racing thoughts? Do people think slowly and not move from one thing to another? I can't tell if mine are racing or not because I've never compared it to anything else.

What is it really like to have "racing thoughts"? What's it like to have your "mind spin out of control"?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

1. Do you experience this?
    Happened to me a while ago, it was really crazy, I felt like I had totally lost it. It's like a chain reaction gone wrong or something, nothing will shut-tfu.
    2. What is going on?
    I thought it was Ne overload, but I was told that it was a result of overuse in Ti, but if it happens to XNFP too, then it is probably Ne overload (and then maybe Ti or Fi not being able to do its job properly). Lots of people drink caffine too, perhaps it is related somehow?
    3. What helps you?[/QUOTE]
    It goes away on its own, but the above cardio stuff etc. might actually help a bit. (It never helped me much with my sleeping patterns though). But when I had it, I talked to people (at about a million billion miles an hour, they were overwhelmed)
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

1. Do you experience this?

Hell yeah.

2. What is going on?

Not sure. I think its just Ne trying to go down to many tangents at once.

3. What helps you?

Eh. A walk clears it. Playing guitar helps a bit.
    Normally i just sit back and enjoy it. Unless its in an exam at which pount i try control it a bit.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP

1.) I feel it occasionally.
    2.) The last time a big one happened, I was listening to Sigur Ros and taking pictures. I don't know when it started, but it was intense and stimulating. I became excited over any new possibility and kept playing the same song over and over to the point that the pictures were coming out just as I had imagined them. It was exhilarating and at the same time hard to contain.
    3.) I let it run its course...although before I ran (which actually made it worse) or these days I swim. If it becomes to much, splash yourself with cold water. Ice cold.