• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs slim?

ENTPs are you

• Total voters

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
that doesn't describe me when it comes to my opinion about my 'shell' at ALL.

Yeah, I know. Nothing like opinions pulled out of one's ass.

For the record, the ENTP I know well is nothing like this either.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you seriously trying to establish a correlation between body weight (influenced by a zillion factors) and type? It's shit like this that makes MBTI a target for jokes, just like astrology.

Point taken..And I will add that it's possible that outlook and values and actions by the different types do affect external appearances on a certain level.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I know. Nothing like opinions pulled out of one's ass.

For the record, the ENTP I know well is nothing like this either.

How is type 100% isolated from being any factor of influence on body weight? Answer this logically and you win *respect*. :D

I would just agree..I mean, you have 16 types to go. Or for some way to wrap them all into one cohesive whole with reasoning to connect type with body weight. :)

Shoot..

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Point taken..And I will add that it's possible that outlook and values and actions by the different types do affect external appearances on a certain level.

I agree *somewhat*.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
that said, re this thread, i'm 5'5" and 118 lbs. don't ever think about my weight, don't even weigh myself unless it's something like this that causes me to do so. i just... forget to eat and rarely notice i'm hungry.
i'm the same as digest except to add that even when i do notice i'm hungry, a lot of the time i still don't eat because it's boring.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How is type 100% isolated from being any factor of influence on body weight? Answer this logically and you win *respect*. :D

I would just agree..I mean, you have 16 types to go. Or for some way to wrap them all into one cohesive whole with reasoning to connect type with body weight. :)

Shoot..

I didn't say type is 100% isolated from influence on body weight. You are misrepresenting my position as more extreme than it is. Type is one of many variables that influence body weight, and a weak one at that. Why? Because everyone is different with different preferences regardless of type. Let's assume that ENTPs overindulge themselves just for argument's sake. That overindulgence won't necessarily be gluttony. It could be anything: drugs, sex, shoplifting, and so on. To say that a group of people typed the same are actually similar enough in their behavior so as to affect their weight is kind of nuts. Not to mention the varying strength of preferences and the reliability of the MBTI test in the first place.

edit: bah, overindulgence was a bad example, but the point still stands

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So, why are we having this conversation again ?

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think an idiotic thread was started, maybe that's why.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
So, why are we having this conversation again ?

to see whos fatter

i model for underwear...thank you....yes the xtra large one

dont listen to the camera guy, he just jealous cuz i get ALL the girls...like you know...ALL OF THEM...yeaaaaaah

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
that doesn't describe me when it comes to my opinion about my 'shell' at ALL.

it's practically impossible for me to see myself, actually. i have no friggen clue if it's good or bad, so i decided long ago that, like most everything else, my looks are relative, and i'd accept each person's opinion individually. good or bad.

that said, re this thread, i'm 5'5" and 118 lbs. don't ever think about my weight, don't even weigh myself unless it's something like this that causes me to do so. i just... forget to eat and rarely notice i'm hungry.

It doesn't apply to everyone. I find you to be mature and self-aware. I think it is easy to drink our own kool-aid sometimes.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't say type is 100% isolated from influence on body weight. You are misrepresenting my position as more extreme than it is. Type is one of many variables that influence body weight, and a weak one at that. Why? Because everyone is different with different preferences regardless of type. Let's assume that ENTPs overindulge themselves just for argument's sake. That overindulgence won't necessarily be gluttony. It could be anything: drugs, sex, shoplifting, and so on. To say that a group of people typed the same are actually similar enough in their behavior so as to affect their weight is kind of nuts. Not to mention the varying strength of preferences and the reliability of the MBTI test in the first place.

edit: bah, overindulgence was a bad example, but the point still stands

Exactly. Glad you see it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have got a 100% round and fat beer belly. My weight should be around 177 lbs @ 5,9 feet, which is.. I dont know whether it is something.

My doc told me that I have to loose some weigh, when I want to get 90 years old and I think the message had the hidden code in it: "Quit the alcohol + the smoking, asshole".

Given my narcisstic tendencies though in combination with high energy levels, I was never really overweigh in my life. Socionics states a similiar thing about the entp being slim and its something like a half-truth. Fun to think about but not really proveable in the long run.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have got a 100% round and fat beer belly. My weight should be around 177 lbs @ 5,9 feet, which is.. I dont know whether it is something.

My doc told me that I have to loose some weigh, when I want to get 90 years old and I think the message had the hidden code in it: "Quit the alcohol + the smoking, asshole".

I'm also 5'9 feet, but my current weight is around 165 lbs. So we're quite close, in fact. And if you have a rather sturdy frame like I do, it's easier.

Thus I think that being "a fatty" is a very relative thing. I mean, I'm average by European standards, but in the US, I would be considered slim. So don't be so self-deprecating.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I believe Paul Merton's an ENTP and he's not slim... mind you, for his age he could be, a lotta guys with sendentary jobs are much fatter by his age...

I could do with losing a few kilos, but it doesn't bother me. My clothes still fit, I can still run for a train without wheezing and shit, I can walk miles and miles at high speeds without even feeling it... sure I'd like to shift 5kg off my waist but it's not important enough for me to revolve my life around it, commit to it etc.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does INTP's somewhat fit in this assumption? (I think it's rather random and not type related but still. :p )

*checks converter*

I got a BMI of about 21.4

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And you call me a fatty? :p (At least you're not overweight, albeit it's borderline. :p )

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting point.

The only other known ENTP i know who used to be my best mate in primary school is just like me build wise. A stick insect. And he is also able to eat a ridiculous amount of food and like me has always been borderline under weight.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
All ENTPs are puny. And they have super small brains. Why else would anyone need to overcompensate by being an ENTP?