User Tag List

First 678

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I think Santtu meant that he is trying to "decide" which one he is.

Because you're right, it's not a conscious choice.
    I left it ambivalent, meaning essentially the both possibilities.

The idea of "deciding what I should be" is motivated by my perception that the ideas brought to you by T and F can be partially conflicting, and that they have you take opposite course of action. In some life situations, one would like to be able to decide, which "advisor" they should listen more, especially if they feel being unable to solve a stagnant situation otherwise.

The idea of "deciding what preference would describe me better" is motivated by interest to MBTI and understanding oneself with jungian psychology.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I left it ambivalent, meaning essentially the both possibilities.

The idea of "deciding what I should be" is motivated by my perception that the ideas brought to you by T and F can be partially conflicting, and that they have you take opposite course of action. In some life situations, one would like to be able to decide, which "advisor" they should listen more, especially if they feel being unable to solve a stagnant situation otherwise.

The idea of "deciding what preference would describe me better" is motivated by interest to MBTI and understanding oneself with jungian psychology.
    Okay. I understand.

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Sanntu, who knows, maybe you CAN make a conscious decision to embrace or 'pass' as one over the other, but just barely.

It also depends on how old you are.

I think it'll be much easier to actually change the way you train yourself into seeing the world and reacting at 15 or even 25 than say 35 or 45.

I made the decision in college to switch to T from F -- or rather, I decided I just wanted to be more warm and embrace touchy feely and so started testing more F. Why the conscious switch? Because I felt really disconnected from people and I think people found me really cold and unapproachable and I hated that. I realized I really NEEDED to feel a connection. So maybe I was actually an F masking as a T, but anyhow yes I'm also on the border. The way I personally interpret it, my 'F' helps me feel connected to people which is what I want.

I think it's better to just let it be and instead of thinking 'F' or 'T' just think in a situation how you wish you felt as opposed to how you actually felt. If both are the same, you are in sync so need to change.

I think having reserves of both is having the best of both worlds. Being able to dispassionately see a situation and then feel what others are feeling, it's a pretty nice way to see the world.

MBTI
    ixxj

0_o I'm too cold to be a feeler. Sha bang.
    "It's like goin' to heaven and findin' god smokin' crack." -- Riley Freeman

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    0_o I'm too cold to be a feeler. Sha bang.
    Whoops, wasn't trying to say that 'T' automatically and always and only means cold and unapproachable. That was my own problem. I was probably an immature T or poorly expressed/stressed ENFP. I also don't think 'T' means robotic or any of those other 'thinking' stereotypes.

I'm not trying to propogate type stereotypes here.

I wait for an invitation on the 'rants' threads before I do that.