User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I think it's a shame of having to choose between T and F. Does the T side handle the emotions adequately, and is it fun and ethical? Does the F side handle thinking adequately, and is it consistent and logical?

I have sometimes been unsure of my preference, thinking that I'm in the middle. Then seeing NT vs NF forums has been the deciding factor, as NF topics have seemed ok and lovely, they are not such topics that I think constantly about.

Also when going too deep in the NF terrain I feel sometimes coming across as ridiculous and hurt. NT feelinglessness is kind of dull emotionally and leaves much to be desired, but NT type intellectual goals are damned great to do, and they work better for me than NF things.

Have you been uncertain of your preference on the T/F scale and what made you decide which one you are?
    Middle is not middle.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Middle is not middle.
    You really like to be cryptic!

MBTI
    INFP

um..."T" is basically more concerned with products (even when they do think 'abstractly' , they tend towards "product"-oriented, rather than people-oriented or any 'touchy-feely' personal aspects of person)
    while "F" is basically more concerned with people , rather than products (generally speaking) ,..am I right? just based on my own observation & experience.

this is not saying that "T" folks just can't 'feel' or 'warm' and be emotional & personal towards human beings & others, or that "F" folks can't think logically or rationally. No! It's just generally-speaking, those are the basic things that differentiate between "T" and "F" folks.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    um..."T" is basically more concerned with products (even when they do think 'abstractly' , they tend towards "product"-oriented, rather than people-oriented or any 'touchy-feely' personal aspects of person)
    while "F" is basically more concerned with people , rather than products (generally speaking) ,..am I right? just based on my own observation & experience.
    Or to put it another way, T's naturally "objectify" things to some degree. People are easily viewed as "things" not in a bad sense but simply in terms of seeing how they move about, react/respond, like pieces of a machine/system. How the object behaves by itself and in relation to others is what is being noticed first. F's have a much harder time not "personifying" things.

Note: I know my phrasing shows T bias... no negativity is meant, okay?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post

this is not saying that "T" folks just can't 'feel' or 'warm' and be emotional & personal towards human beings & others, or that "F" folks can't think logically or rationally. No! It's just generally-speaking, those are the basic things that differentiate between "T" and "F" folks.
    That sounds generally correct to me.
    There are others here who know more than I do and might have something to add.

Why do you ask?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    This does also point to a pretty clear NF preference, but when I read descriptions for INFP and INFJ both have a lot of elements I relate to and I find I often get along withe NTs better than NFs so I feel I can't completely rule out the idea of being an NT with an overdevloped Fi when neither INFJ or INFP are a flawless fit.
    Well, you will not find a "flawless" fit anywhere, you're a unique individual who will deviate in SOME way from the stereotypical type. It's more a matter of seeing if those variations can be logically attributed to something unique in your life.

It's also not uncommon for some NTs to feel better around NFs or NFs to feel better around NTs, depending on the specific person.

(I know at least one NF who won't go to a popular INFP board because there's too much emo there.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I find the question very interesting- but how does one choose?
    I cannot choose- I am so strongly F- I don't know how not to be. Can anyone choose if they are not more of a 50/50 F/T?

Every test I take I find out that my Ti and Te are the lowest of the low. I never got it developed well. Perhaps not going to high school or college and moving around 28 times and being raised by a single mother who is also highly F is the reason. I find that after being married to an ENTP - he helps me to develop my T and I love learning and watching the history channel and Nova. I find that my N makes up for my lack of T though if that makes sense- and I wonder if it gets in the way- it substitues it so much that it is blocked from being developed the way it should I don't know.

How does one develop their Te and Ti especially when they are such a dominant F- when I say dominant I am talking 96 percent here no joke,lol? Is developing the same as choosing?
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

I think Santtu meant that he is trying to "decide" which one he is.

Because you're right, it's not a conscious choice.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

San: You don't really need to know if you're a F or a T. It's okay to be in the middle as well. The main thing with MBTI is to help understand yourself and based on that, how to make interactions with other people smoother. In fact you can think of having no strong preference as a plus for you. It makes interactions with either type (T/F) easier because you don't have natural bias. But if you really really want to be one over the other... think to yourself which do you like more? If you believe strongly in it and practice, your function usage will start shifting and you'll be what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    How does one develop their Te and Ti especially when they are such a dominant F- when I say dominant I am talking 96 percent here no joke,lol? Is developing the same as choosing?
    Well the thing that really kicked start Ti for me are discussions here on MBTIc and INTPc from before. The atmosphere in INTPc is much more Tish... perhaps you can try inserting yourself there. Also try logics puzzles and just explain random things logically to people. Let Ni make connections between two things and then explain how it arrived from point A to B.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    San: You don't really need to know if you're a F or a T. It's okay to be in the middle as well. The main thing with MBTI is to help understand yourself and based on that, how to make interactions with other people smoother. In fact you can think of having no strong preference as a plus for you. It makes interactions with either type (T/F) easier because you don't have natural bias. But if you really really want to be one over the other... think to yourself which do you like more? If you believe strongly in it and practice, your function usage will start shifting and you'll be what you want.

Well the thing that really kicked start Ti for me are discussions here on MBTIc and INTPc from before. The atmosphere in INTPc is much more Tish... perhaps you can try inserting yourself there. Also try logics puzzles and just explain random things logically to people. Let Ni make connections between two things and then explain how it arrived from point A to B.
    Yeah, that's what I do. I decide now and then that now I want to be involved in this kind of project or this kind of lifestyle and it is more the kind of project/lifestyle that takes into account my T/F. Having done this for years and being in the middle, my score usually reflects the kind of lifestyle I've enjoyed during the last few months. With some deep projects / ventures, I lose some of the flexibility to switch sides for some time.