• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Waking Up

L

Lasting_Pain

I totally have a morning routine! :yes:

Here's my typical weekday morning for the past few months: I wake up between 8 and 8:30 (no snooze; why wake up until you have to? :thinking:), turn on the computer, put in contacts, mix and microwave a bowl of oatmeal and make coffee, check email and surf while taking my time enjoying my oatmeal and coffee, shower, dress, brush my teeth, apply a minimal makeup, and I'm out the door by 10-10:30. I perform the same actions in the same order every weekday (/workday) morning; pretty much the only thing that varies is what's on the monitor and how long I spend in front of it. I'm horribly J that way.

That said, I'm not dependent on the routine to start the day off right. It's just that I just naturally fall into it. When something like sleeping through my alarm or running out of milk occurs to shake things up, I sometimes even have a better morning on account of it, just because I have to really wake up in order to meet the challenge.

- I so need a P partner. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, the TC did say a routine didn't he. Well I do not have one. I just wake up and go from there.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hell no, I have no routine. Whatever needs to be done, I wake up about two hours before I have to get it done. Then I get on with my day, breakfast or not, cigarette right after. Then I usually arrive +/- 10 minutes before my deadline/meeting. I guess you can call that a "ball parked" routine.

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Loathe waking up. Loathe routine. But of course everyday I wake up at 6 a.m. and follow the same routine and am at work by 7:40. Fucking J world.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I would prefer to not have a morning routine, because I am the God of snooze button. Also, when I can, I prefer to go to bed at 2-3 a.m. and wake up 11 a.m.
In late evening I am more energized for reading etc... in peace.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Mornings? I do not acknowledge them.

When I wake up, I let the dogs out and turn on my computer. Let dogs back in, check email, this place, other various sites, all while putting on makeup and listening to XM radio on Dish. (If I wake up too early, I have a song stuck in my head and have to dislodge it.) (Also, if I've had to wake up in the actual morning, I will have usually showered the night before.) Look at clock, panic, go get dressed and brush teeth. Grab a granola bar or something and some water and eat it on the way to work.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Wow I'm a little surprised. I wake up at 5:00 a.m., use the restroom, make coffee, jog, shower, brush teeth, shave, dress, plan my day the best I can, meditate/prayer, and read the newspaper while gulping down four cups of coffee I made an hour before. Usually at work thirty minutes early.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
During work days,

wake up 2 hours before i have to go to work

do my daily run (3 miles or so), do mild exercise (push up, pull up, sit up, etc) then

shave, shower, brush teeth, iron work uniform, eat breakfast....go to work

During off days...i sleep till i get tired of sleeping,

shower, brush teeth

then see where the day takes me.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Wake at 5:00am. Feed the cats. Watch the morning news with coffee and a cigarette, usually working on sudoku or a crossword puzzle. Shower at 5:30. Dress, make-up, decide whether to throw together a lunch or eat out. Out the door at 6:20. Catch the bus at 6:30. On campus at 7:00 and read my email in the 15 - 20 minutes I have before starting work at 7:30.

Oh yeah. Breakfast. Sometimes I have something to bring with me, sometimes it's a pretzel from Jamba Juice. I usually eat that at about 8:00, before the distinguished professor emeritus arrives (8:30 - 9:00).

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am so not a morning person. And so not a morning routine person. I do, however, wake up at 6:00 a.m., Monday through Friday and follow a routine (loosely). I usually just make it to work by 9:00.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really have a routine. My sleeping habits can be sporadic.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I've got no routine at all. It can be a bit of a problem. My energy is weird enough without random waves of drowsiness throughout the day.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Absolutely no routine whatsoever. I pretty much wake up, brush my teeth, grab something to wear and leave, usually late. Mornings are not my thing.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Absolutely no routine whatsoever. I pretty much wake up, brush my teeth, grab something to wear and leave, usually late. Mornings are not my thing.

this, plus shower and internet.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No routine -- absolutely hate getting up most mornings... and despise going to sleep. Really, I just tend to have a bad case of inertia -- whatever state I am in I tend to stay in that state. If I really need to get up, like say because I forgot to write a major paper and now only have an hour to write it, I get up pretty quickly. Any other time I pretty much analyze in and out of sleeping states whether or not I want to get up. By the time I do get up there is very little time left for a routine... unless throwing on whatever is around and running out the door counts.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
If I have to get up, around 7:45 then I get ready and crawl back into bed to
rest my eyes for the remaining fifteen minutes since I lay out my clothes and
any make up I think I might wear the night before.

If I know I don't have to get up I stay up as late as I can and not be useless
the next day. I know a few guys that are IXTP that can stay up so late at ni
ght it isn't even funny and sleep straight through until it is the later part of th
e afternoon where it's just a few hours shy of being evening. My brother who
is also an IXTP used to be the same way then he took on a job where he pret
ty much had to grow up at once.

As for going to bed...sometimes if I know it's a busy week I'm looking at I'll
get online and have myspace or something brought up with silly videos on y-
outube, but if it's a night where I'm feeling more serious but intellectually d-
ay dreamish I'll bring up foreign language videos and be looking up where a-
nd around what time period the dialects originated and how it differs from la-
ngauges that are in similar groupings. It puts me out pretty good after a w-
hile but without that feeling of mindlessly killing time before bed. But when
I'm out partying with friends or sleeping over at their houses (we're adults
and still do that once in a while lol) bed time is whenever and getting up is
whenever unless we have stuff we have to do the next day since we help
each other out with responsibilities and such or find something to do so we
don't waste our day off sitting around.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I generally set my alarm 30 minutes before I actually need to wake up, so that I can hit the 10-minute snooze three times in order to wake up gradually, by degrees.

I really don't like waking up.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
sounds like me too...I'm usually exhausted when I get to bed, but I can still find
something to wake myself back up with thinking about...plus I have detailed dreams
and end up waking up after a lot of them.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I generally set my alarm 30 minutes before I actually need to wake up, so that I can hit the 10-minute snooze three times in order to wake up gradually, by degrees.

I really don't like waking up.

Lol this sounds like me, i sometime get multiple dreams. I really hate getting up, especially when its cold.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wake up whenever I need to, to do whatever I need to before class. If it's nothing, I wake up 1 hour before I need to leave.

I then head straight to the shower and wing it. Usually I space out to music until I need to go.