• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Waking Up

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
NT's, What time do you normally wake in the morning? Do you have a Morning routine?

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i once did... they called it obsessive compulsive behavior. now i generally wake up 20 minutes before something starts, throw on a hat, and hope it hasn't been too long since i last shaved my legs.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i once did... they called it obsessive compulsive behavior. now i generally wake up 20 minutes before something starts, throw on a hat, and hope it hasn't been too long since i last shaved my legs.

+1

Although I am not concerned with shaving my legs, but otherwise this is my morning 'routine' now as well. Not much of one anymore. :)

But used to have one (until I was 14 or so).

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Wake up about 1-2 hours before I should have.

Sit in bed staring at the clock thinking about my day/other random threads of thought that come so easily when in the morning stupor.

Shower.

Dress in the dark.

Coffee.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
As far as the morning, I just wake up very fast, unlike some people I know who seem unable to spring up when they wake up. As for routine, hmm. I don't have a MORNING ritual per se', but there are certain things I "need" to do before I go to work or I get stressed out because it seemed like I did nothing all day. These include.

1.) Going for a walk
2.) Watching House
3.) Learning something online
4.) Making something I learned about online
5.) Playing Fallout
6.) Working Out

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That's because "A Wizard is never late. Nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to." -Gandalph the Grey

93JC

I set my alarm for 5:15, drag my ass out of bed by 6:15, floss my teeth, shave, shower, put some bread in the toaster, get dressed, retrieve toast and put more bread in toaster, turn on the TV and watch the morning news, retrieve toast, put my watch on, put my wallet, keys, phone and sunglasses if necessary into various pockets, walk out the door between 7:03 and 7:10, catch the bus between 7:08 and 7:20, get to work between 7:25 and 7:40.

I think I have a morning routine...

Weekends are a crapshoot: I might get up as early as 7:00 or might sleep in as late as noon.

Qre:us

Weekdays - work start for 9. Takes 6 minutes to drive there (barring that they didn't change the train schedule, which stops traffic for its crossing, taking up 3 minutes).

Meaning:
Alarm starts from 7, 7:30, 8, 8:30, 8:40.

Wake up by ~8:44-:845 (ideal AIM).

Brush my teeth, throw on whatever clothes I see, and I'm out the door. I don't even look at the mirror in the mornings...:doh:

Usually make it to work between 9:15-9:30. Meaning...I really sleep in until 9:00-9:05. :devil:

I have this other thing I do where if I have a priority (e.g., meeting with supervisor in the morn, etc), I make sure that I sleep in my clothes that I will wear for the next day. That way, it's only about the morning piss, and brushing teeth.

YEA!

** conclusion: I like SLEEP! And, hate the thought of routine overriding sleep.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I wake up 5 hours before I get up, then again at 3 hours, then 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes, and the last half hour is spent half awake but in hyper analytical mode.

Then I check my email.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Me too, but, most of my analysis is about the pros and cons of squeezing a coupla more minutes of sleep.

Oh yeah, if I have to get up early, I'll rationalize every last minute by using 5 minute blocks as mental bargaining chips for myself.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Depends, i have sleeping disorders (i think the plural form fits better, also it looks so much prettier, but it disgress)
When I manage to stabilise for long enough, i sleep like a charm, wake up early in the morning and get more things done everyday.
Otherwise when my sleeping paterns get all fucked up you basically have to be a necromancer to get me out of my torpor.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
ive been fucking waking up at 3 every morning for the past week...and then drifting in and out of semi-lucid sleep

its driving me nuts cuz then i end up napping at work and thats not always a good thing

alcohol might have something to do with it but i think not

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I struggle to wake up unless i have something specific to do. If its just another day at school i'll be like a zombie. If i have plans then i'll jump up all excited and get ready asap.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've never really had any problems waking up and springing out of bed unless if I've been tired. I tend to fall asleep at around 2 a.m. though, and I prefer to have an ideal eight hours of sleep (I can't sleep more than that) a night, but I can operate on much less. It just makes it harder to wake up.

Since it's the summer now and I'm on break, I don't have any real patterns, but during school, I tend to wake up two hours before my class--I'll go online, check my e-mail and do homework for the first hour, hour twenty-five and then take a shower and head to class.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I wake up 5 hours before I get up, then again at 3 hours, then 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes, and the last half hour is spent half awake but in hyper analytical mode.

Then I check my email.

Haha, +1.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I used to wake up at 9am, now it's anywhere between 11-1am. It all depends on what time I go to sleep.

As for routine, no. It all comes down to what I remember to do, and what room of the house I happen to be in.

The latter of which results in me being late moreso than waking up late. I can't count the number of times I was halfway to work and had to come home because I forgot my keys, or my bosses keys, or left the door open or the gas on or something.

L

Lasting_Pain

Alarm Clock: beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!
INTP: (Throws the alarm clock across the room)
Alarm Clock: beep! beep! beep! beep!
INTP: Goddamnit! (Proceeds to get out of bed)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I totally have a morning routine! :yes:

Here's my typical weekday morning for the past few months: I wake up between 8 and 8:30 (no snooze; why wake up until you have to? :thinking:), turn on the computer, put in contacts, mix and microwave a bowl of oatmeal and make coffee, check email and surf while taking my time enjoying my oatmeal and coffee, shower, dress, brush my teeth, apply a minimal makeup, and I'm out the door by 10-10:30. I perform the same actions in the same order every weekday (/workday) morning; pretty much the only thing that varies is what's on the monitor and how long time I spend in front of it. I'm horribly J that way.

That said, I'm not dependent on the routine to start the day off right. It's just that I just naturally fall into it. When something like sleeping through my alarm or running out of milk occurs to shake things up, I sometimes even have a better morning on account of it, just because I have to really wake up in order to meet the challenge.

- I so need a P partner. :rolleyes: