User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I totally have a morning routine!

Here's my typical weekday morning for the past few months: I wake up between 8 and 8:30 (no snooze; why wake up until you have to? ), turn on the computer, put in contacts, mix and microwave a bowl of oatmeal and make coffee, check email and surf while taking my time enjoying my oatmeal and coffee, shower, dress, brush my teeth, apply a minimal makeup, and I'm out the door by 10-10:30. I perform the same actions in the same order every weekday (/workday) morning; pretty much the only thing that varies is what's on the monitor and how long I spend in front of it. I'm horribly J that way.

That said, I'm not dependent on the routine to start the day off right. It's just that I just naturally fall into it. When something like sleeping through my alarm or running out of milk occurs to shake things up, I sometimes even have a better morning on account of it, just because I have to really wake up in order to meet the challenge.

- I so need a P partner.
    Oh yes, the TC did say a routine didn't he. Well I do not have one. I just wake up and go from there.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hell no, I have no routine. Whatever needs to be done, I wake up about two hours before I have to get it done. Then I get on with my day, breakfast or not, cigarette right after. Then I usually arrive +/- 10 minutes before my deadline/meeting. I guess you can call that a "ball parked" routine.

MBTI
    ENTP

Loathe waking up. Loathe routine. But of course everyday I wake up at 6 a.m. and follow the same routine and am at work by 7:40. Fucking J world.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    abcd

I would prefer to not have a morning routine, because I am the God of snooze button. Also, when I can, I prefer to go to bed at 2-3 a.m. and wake up 11 a.m.
    In late evening I am more energized for reading etc... in peace.

MBTI
    INTP

Mornings? I do not acknowledge them.

When I wake up, I let the dogs out and turn on my computer. Let dogs back in, check email, this place, other various sites, all while putting on makeup and listening to XM radio on Dish. (If I wake up too early, I have a song stuck in my head and have to dislodge it.) (Also, if I've had to wake up in the actual morning, I will have usually showered the night before.) Look at clock, panic, go get dressed and brush teeth. Grab a granola bar or something and some water and eat it on the way to work.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTJ

Wow I'm a little surprised. I wake up at 5:00 a.m., use the restroom, make coffee, jog, shower, brush teeth, shave, dress, plan my day the best I can, meditate/prayer, and read the newspaper while gulping down four cups of coffee I made an hour before. Usually at work thirty minutes early.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

During work days,

wake up 2 hours before i have to go to work

do my daily run (3 miles or so), do mild exercise (push up, pull up, sit up, etc) then

shave, shower, brush teeth, iron work uniform, eat breakfast....go to work

During off days...i sleep till i get tired of sleeping,

shower, brush teeth

then see where the day takes me.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTP

Wake at 5:00am. Feed the cats. Watch the morning news with coffee and a cigarette, usually working on sudoku or a crossword puzzle. Shower at 5:30. Dress, make-up, decide whether to throw together a lunch or eat out. Out the door at 6:20. Catch the bus at 6:30. On campus at 7:00 and read my email in the 15 - 20 minutes I have before starting work at 7:30.

Oh yeah. Breakfast. Sometimes I have something to bring with me, sometimes it's a pretzel from Jamba Juice. I usually eat that at about 8:00, before the distinguished professor emeritus arrives (8:30 - 9:00).
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I am so not a morning person. And so not a morning routine person. I do, however, wake up at 6:00 a.m., Monday through Friday and follow a routine (loosely). I usually just make it to work by 9:00.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really have a routine. My sleeping habits can be sporadic.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.