• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Waking Up

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Unless I have been out the night before, or I need to wake up earlier, I always wake up between 7:30 and 8:00 (yes, even on vacation days - I'm a total early bird). Other than that, I have no routine. However, if I have a prolonged period of free time (a vacation longer than a week), I tend to fall in the pattern of physical activity in the morning, studying/reading in the afternoon, and going out until midnight or so at night.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't have to get up for anything, but I never really sleep anyway... On the rare occasions that I am in a rush to be somewhere, I take a shower as soon as I get up because my hair takes so long to dry. Since I don't like to use a blow dryer and I don't like to leave with wet hair, I just putz around the house getting distracted by phone calls, emails, infomercials and little notebooks that I leave all over place until my hair is basically dry. I usually arrive at my destination about 30-45 mins. late, on a good day.

Vanitas

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Around two hours before the time I must leave. Shower, after shower routine, getting dressed and make ups, check on things. If I don't think I can wake up on time (ie. only 2-3 hours before I have to wake up) usually I just don't sleep.

If I have no going out plans, I wake up... around 8 am. Or when being nocturnal, around 3-4 pm.

Freelancer btw, I don't have a fixed working schedule.

ADISCIPLE

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It sounds like the ENTJ is the only NT to have a routine. I figured this. It is probably the need to feel accomplished and be efficient ourselves. My INTJ friends are the opposite and they don't feel that time creates an obligation. Anyways I am a total morning person, I love getting up with the sun, it doesn't get better than that.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I fall into routines pretty easily too, without even trying it. It's how I forgot to take the PSAT's when I was a sophomore in highschool.

Story:

My Honors Geometry teacher decided it would be a good idea to have the class take the PSAT's for whatever reason, so she signed us up like a week before. Anyway, everyday I'd wake up at like 6:00, shower, walk the dog, and then head to school at about 7:00 to go play chess. On the day of the PSAT, I walked into school, played chess, went to my locker, opened it and grabbed my books. I then proceeded to stare at my locker for a minute, wondering if I'd forgotten anything. With a mental, "Nope," and a resounding slam of my locker shut, I went to class...Ten minutes later I realized I'd forgotten to go to my 3rd hour classroom to take the PSAT. When I went to my 3rd hour class as normally scheduled, everyone (who was taking the PSAT) looked up at me and it was pretty embarrassing. I tried to be quiet, and I had to sit on this one stool, but it was like a fucking elephant was wreaking havoc in the classroom.

Oh well; at least I had a free hour to read Muhammad Ali's autobiography. B^)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
5 AM, say shit, I have school today, then force myself to put on clothes so that I can get warm.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wake up when I wake up. But, I do try to be in bed by midnight nowadays.

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
you NT folks love sleep. if awaken for no good reason, you guys are some cranky MFs -- go run for cover.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Tell me more. What do you dream?

There are some that are entirely too long to type up right now, but last night was rather plain, yet bizarre. I was at work, but Eddie Griffin was my boss and we were in constant conflict. Like because of the fact I knew my boss wasn't there I did whatever I want. Then Eddie left and I followed him out and explained to him it was nothing against him, I actually kinda like him, I'm just not going to do anything he says.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow. Eddie Griffin. That's random.

Actually, not really. Last weekend I was watching a documentary on Bruce Lee and he was in it. I have a tendency to store random people away in my subconscious for a rainy day (or night).

The only time it's unnerving is when random ex's pop into them, because I usually try and keep them under lock & key in the back room behind my childhood memories.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
Eddie Griffin the comedian?

Also I never remember my dreams. I think it is a good thing too!

lol yeah, the comedian.

If I wake up and am particularly attached to one, before it flees I repeat the events over and over under my breath until they're burned into my memory.

(keep in mind I'm usually in my pajamas pacing in the back yard while I do this, but that shouldn't be all that surprising...)

L

Lasting_Pain

lol yeah, the comedian.

If I wake up and am particularly attached to one, before it flees I repeat the events over and over under my breath until they're burned into my memory.

(keep in mind I'm usually in my pajamas pacing in the back yard while I do this, but that shouldn't be all that surprising...)

And I thought I was weird. Just Kidding. My dreams are so confusing that I do not bother trying to decipher whats going on. But I know I do go through phases with my dreams though.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I had a dream last night that my roommates were arguing and throwing things at each other. They kept cutting through my bedroom and slamming the door to get to each other, rather than use the hallway. This was going on for like 30 mins and it was so loud that I decided to wake up and scream at them. I woke up from the dream and angrily got out of bed. I was shaking and ready to fight. It took a few minutes of standing there in the dark to realize that I live alone, and that my bedrooms are not connected anyway. Then it occurred to me that my two 'roommates' were Hilary Clinton and Condi Rice. Yeah.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dreamt I was a benevolent king and lived on a huge mountain top in a black castle and all my people and employees were naked.

Then I woke up by the words: "Do you want your morning beer, Sire ?" :D

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
Varies - I love dawn, and I was up this morning a little after 6 am (went to sleep at 2:45 am). I drink coffee, read devotionals and the bible, other email, etc.