User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NT's and Waking Up

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    spent half awake but in hyper analytical mode.
    Me too, but, most of my analysis is about the pros and cons of squeezing a coupla more minutes of sleep.

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Me too, but, most of my analysis is about the pros and cons of squeezing a coupla more minutes of sleep.
    Oh yeah, if I have to get up early, I'll rationalize every last minute by using 5 minute blocks as mental bargaining chips for myself.

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    ILE None

Depends, i have sleeping disorders (i think the plural form fits better, also it looks so much prettier, but it disgress)
    When I manage to stabilise for long enough, i sleep like a charm, wake up early in the morning and get more things done everyday.
    Otherwise when my sleeping paterns get all fucked up you basically have to be a necromancer to get me out of my torpor.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Senior Member Array

ive been fucking waking up at 3 every morning for the past week...and then drifting in and out of semi-lucid sleep

its driving me nuts cuz then i end up napping at work and thats not always a good thing

alcohol might have something to do with it but i think not

Is Willard in Footloose!! Array CJ99's Avatar

I struggle to wake up unless i have something specific to do. If its just another day at school i'll be like a zombie. If i have plans then i'll jump up all excited and get ready asap.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

I've never really had any problems waking up and springing out of bed unless if I've been tired. I tend to fall asleep at around 2 a.m. though, and I prefer to have an ideal eight hours of sleep (I can't sleep more than that) a night, but I can operate on much less. It just makes it harder to wake up.

Since it's the summer now and I'm on break, I don't have any real patterns, but during school, I tend to wake up two hours before my class--I'll go online, check my e-mail and do homework for the first hour, hour twenty-five and then take a shower and head to class.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I wake up 5 hours before I get up, then again at 3 hours, then 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes, and the last half hour is spent half awake but in hyper analytical mode.

Then I check my email.
    Haha, +1.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Senior Member Array Wade Wilson's Avatar

I used to wake up at 9am, now it's anywhere between 11-1am. It all depends on what time I go to sleep.

As for routine, no. It all comes down to what I remember to do, and what room of the house I happen to be in.

The latter of which results in me being late moreso than waking up late. I can't count the number of times I was halfway to work and had to come home because I forgot my keys, or my bosses keys, or left the door open or the gas on or something.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

Alarm Clock: beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!
    INTP: (Throws the alarm clock across the room)
    Alarm Clock: beep! beep! beep! beep!
    INTP: Goddamnit! (Proceeds to get out of bed)

I totally have a morning routine!

Here's my typical weekday morning for the past few months: I wake up between 8 and 8:30 (no snooze; why wake up until you have to? ), turn on the computer, put in contacts, mix and microwave a bowl of oatmeal and make coffee, check email and surf while taking my time enjoying my oatmeal and coffee, shower, dress, brush my teeth, apply a minimal makeup, and I'm out the door by 10-10:30. I perform the same actions in the same order every weekday (/workday) morning; pretty much the only thing that varies is what's on the monitor and how long time I spend in front of it. I'm horribly J that way.

That said, I'm not dependent on the routine to start the day off right. It's just that I just naturally fall into it. When something like sleeping through my alarm or running out of milk occurs to shake things up, I sometimes even have a better morning on account of it, just because I have to really wake up in order to meet the challenge.

- I so need a P partner.