First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Ha, yes. I had an ISFJ roommate who would always ask when I got off the phone with someone, "How are they doing?" I could never think of an answer to that. I knew some things that were going on in their lives, but as to psychological state? That question throws me for a loop.
    My roommate's g/f is an ISFJ
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Ah, every time I forget and my roommate is around I ask him how he's doing (). His first reaction is to freeze, his eyes grow big as saucers, as he takes about 20s to think or whatever he does. Then he quickly answers "Fine, why?". By then I realise what I did, tell him "nothing, just asking" (which is the full truth). He says, "oh, ok" then very jerky like goes back to what he was doing and I walk off wondering why I forgot that he reacted that way.
    lol... I do that.

I have two coworkers who will just come into my office (when they can easily see I'm typing and intent on what I'm doing) and I finish typing, look up, take off my head phones because I think they want something and they say...

"Hi"

I stare for a second with a disbelieving stare... say '... hi'... and then they grin and walk back out.

I shake my head, put my headphones back on and try not to cuss at them. I think they do it because they know it annoys me lol

They'll think twice when I stop taking off the headphones or acknowledging them at all...

Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, INFP's do stand out rather conspicuously to me as the only NF's who can really give a person space... WITHOUT it being a sacrifice (that you have to make up for later).
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    lol... I do that.

I have two coworkers who will just come into my office (when they can easily see I'm typing and intent on what I'm doing) and I finish typing, look up, take off my head phones because I think they want something and they say...

"Hi"

I stare for a second with a disbelieving stare... say '... hi'... and then they grin and walk back out.

I shake my head, put my headphones back on and try not to cuss at them. I think they do it because they know it annoys me lol

They'll think twice when I stop taking off the headphones or acknowledging them at all...

Yeah, I don't like being annoying, I'm usually just in a good mood and forget for the half second it takes me to pass by his door on the way to my room. The guy has some serious patience with me I guess; though it likely helps I only do it about once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, INFP's do stand out rather conspicuously to me as the only NF's who can really give a person space... WITHOUT it being a sacrifice (that you have to make up for later).
    We also seem to be the one that needs a lot of it ourselves...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lasting_Pain

1) do you guys think you may be showing physiological signs of an emotional response but be unaware you are doing so? Ie you dont know what you are feeling exactly? So the NF picks it up subtle cues, tries to describe it, then screws up as you guys are still not even aware of exactly what is going on yourselves? (Just a Q I really have no idea, so no offense please)

Hmmm, possibly but I come off as a laid back nonchalant kind of guy. And I usually have a sad disappointing face about myself. (I know this because I checked in the mirror.) But this face only happens when I am alone, or listening to my music. When I am with people I have a diffrent look about myself which leads to question when they find me alone, "Are you Okay, you look sad?" I'll respond by saying "Yes I look sad, but I feel fine." Sometimes this line will be followed by "I guess!" (This is my favorite phrase.) Even though I am annoyed by the fact someone just disturbed my mediation and thinking, I still feel obligated to respond. Now the ones who try to ask the further questions are the NFs.Sometimes I think that all NFs graduated with psychology degrees just so they could annoy an NT and have justification for it.

2) Is it this mistaken perception, or the following persecution that is most offensive? (persecution?? what is that exactly, as thats a crazy strong word, and I hope I'd never do that)

Both will be offensive but mistaking my emotions will be proceeded by maybe 2 minutes of me laughing and denying it. And if you prosecute me, well, to keep things short, I become a defense attorney.

3) Or is that maybe they saw and tried to describe what you were projecting outwards before you had a chance to understand it yourself? And thus it is the presumption that they understand that is so offensive, when you do not understand quite yet.

Are you trying to say that NTs are naive about our emotions in a gentle and caring way?

4) does it bother you more that they try and descibe your thoughts, your feelings, or your motivations?

No because, It is usually pretty funny and cute(if it is a girl) when they try to piece things together that are loosely connected. There observations are so out there that I can't help but to not have a conversation about how they came to such conclusions.

5) Do you find this gets used as tool against you when in conflict with an NF? And then you are assigned feelings, motivations and such which are incorrect. (and on that note, potentially later, after analysis, could some of it have been correct?)

Hell Yes, I hate this most. Never argue with an NF. You are going to lose one way or another. I have learned my lesson, and I am done arguing with them.

6) is part of the offense that someone would even try and understand your emotions? Ie its none of our business in the first place?

Nah, sometimes it is cool to see what other people perceive about you. Every type has their own unique special talents and the "Emotional Radar" (That what I will call it) is a quality of the NF. So they have the right to use it. Just like I have the right to abuse the NT talents as well. Hhehehehehehehhehehehehehe

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Accept View Post
    The pattern changes with INFJs. Possibly the most tenacious type of all.
    Could you elaborate a bit?

MBTI
    ENFJ

It's like... they TOUCH you to SMELL you... and they tickle so much... *shudders*

oh, we're talking about MBTI, right?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's like... they TOUCH you to SMELL you... and they tickle so much... *shudders*
    Hey Hap-yy!!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I am interested in the feelings of others as long as they aren't projecting all the %$^& over me.
    For instance...I am making them feel sad because I am "holding back my emotions" when they know something bad happened in my life.
    And they feel "unloved" because I don't want to have a "good cry" and "get it off my chest"
    This is very unpleasant.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    1) do you guys think you may be showing physiological signs of an emotional response but be unaware you are doing so?
    Yes.
    This is a physio-psychological fact. People express emotions unconsciously.
    Scientists have priority over type theorists in this arena.
    Ie you dont know what you are feeling exactly?
    I know when I'm mad. I know when I'm happy. That's about it.
    So the NF picks it up subtle cues, tries to describe it, then screws up as you guys are still not even aware of exactly what is going on yourselves? (Just a Q I really have no idea, so no offense please)
    2) Is it this mistaken perception, or the following persecution that is most offensive? (persecution?? what is that exactly, as thats a crazy strong word, and I hope I'd never do that)
    what are you talking about?

3) Or is that maybe they saw and tried to describe what you were projecting outwards before you had a chance to understand it yourself? And thus it is the presumption that they understand that is so offensive, when you do not understand quite yet.
    honestly i don't really have a lot of people telling me how i feel.
    actually ironically enough, the only people who guess at my emotions are the people online -- you guys.
    and you almost always get it wrong.
    *glares*

4) does it bother you more that they try and descibe your thoughts, your feelings, or your motivations?
    no one does.
    but i imagine item 2 on the list would be most annoying.

5) Do you find this gets used as tool against you when in conflict with an NF?
    my NFs and i never have conflict.
    but yes. sometimes. it never works though. i always remind them how to parse my feelings from... the situation.
    y'know reminding them that irrespective of how i feel about it or them, the damned fire needs to be put out.
    And then you are assigned feelings, motivations and such which are incorrect. (and on that note, potentially later, after analysis, could some of it have been correct?)
    sometimes i like to pretend they're right.
    i get to build new characters then. i only have 3 right now.

6) is part of the offense that someone would even try and understand your emotions? Ie its none of our business in the first place?
    definitely.
    most prevalently, is that i don't think any of it matters, and i don't like being talked to about irrelevant, boring shit.
    i don't mind one of those two alone, but together... they just make me mad.
    we fukin won boys