• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What you don't like or don't understand about INTJs?

Jaguar

Some of them have a great sense of humor and wit.
What can I say, I think some of them are hilarious.

The ones who are like inhuman robots?
I have no way to identify with people like that.
Nor do I care to.

lamp

"I think you are competent enough that rather than look this up on the internet I will ask you about it"
I enjoyed and appreciate your response. I guess the biggest thing is, my friendship with the INTJ feels like it has devolved to a one-way street. I have zero involvement at this point. Interesting that my competence is rewarded in this case with increased demands (admittedly, a shallow way of observing). I do enjoy that he comes to me for advice.

Though that being said, he introduced me to and taught me much about MBTI a year ago.

is there no way to delete posts?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Why do you have a thread like this in almost every type-sub-forum?

I do? I'm not even the op though.

Now these are very interesting complaints! (And I mean this genuinely, not sarcastically)
I'm prone to dropping off the face of the planet and ignoring calls and texts even from good friends. I don't blame you for being bothered by it, I have no doubt that it comes off as very rude. Sometimes socializing is so tiring though, that I can't seem to muster up the energy to reply, or I know that if I do reply I will come off as hostile because my introvert needs haven't been tended to and I will subconsciously try to get more space by being, well, kind of a bitch.
As far as calling for help with random questions, I think this is his way of trying to show that he values you! There are very very few people I ask for help, and when I do, it's my way of saying "I want to talk to you, but I don't want to engage in small talk, and I think you are competent enough that rather than look this up on the internet I will ask you about it".

I do the same too, except I could also be ignoring you too, but if I would call you back then I probably wouldn't be ignoring you.

I agree though, being ignored definitely sucks. It's one of the worst things you can do.

I like INTJs just fine. They're awesome. ;)

I understand most of what they do, but what I don't understand is why they're so driven and motivated by accomplishment, why they care more about making something work than having it make sense. I also don't understand where their motivation comes from, or where they get all those feelings about the goodness of their ideas without any external reinforcement.

In other words, I don't understand Te and Fi.
Because to an inventor the moment of actualizing your visions is one of the most uplifting experiences you can have. A job well done makes you feel good. You get like high off it basically I bet there is a bunch of dopamine spewing out of our heads.

What do you mean by goodness of their ideas without external reinforement? Does that mean how much we value our ideas without input from others?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Because to an inventor the moment of actualizing your visions is one of the most uplifting experiences you can have. A job well done makes you feel good. You get like high off it basically I bet there is a bunch of dopamine spewing out of our heads.

Ah, I see. For me the uplift comes from understanding my vision and conveying that understanding to others in some way... perhaps so they they can invent something from it.
What do you mean by goodness of their ideas without external reinforement? Does that mean how much we value our ideas without input from others?

Yes, I think that's what it means.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Ah, I see. For me the uplift comes from understanding my vision and conveying that understanding to others in some way... perhaps so they they can invent something from it.
Yes. That's the difference between intjs and infjs, being an F makes you alot more interested in people, people stereotype the E for that but it's only part of the case. Being the T makes us alot more objectified, we are likely to be drawn towards things instead of people.

Yes, I think that's what it means.
Well I guess we have an intense connection with our true desires, that is where that fire comes from, the spark of passion. The thought of transforming the desire into a reality is what keeps us going.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. That's the difference between intjs and infjs, being an F makes you alot more interested in people, people stereotype the E for that but it's only part of the case. Being the T makes us alot more objectified, we are likely to be drawn towards things instead of people.

Ah. Yes, that sounds reasonable enough.
Well I guess we have an intense connection with our true desires, that is where that fire comes from, the spark of passion. The thought of transforming the desire into a reality is what keeps us going.

Now I can sort of imagine this... although I'm consciously aware of my true desires, I feel a sort of disconnection from them, as if I were looking at my own desires from the outside. That must be why the spark of passion has to come from outside... because to us, our own desires are just another voice in the crowd.

This seems like an Fe/Fi thing, though, so I guess it makes sense.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Ah. Yes, that sounds reasonable enough.

Now I can sort of imagine this... although I'm consciously aware of my true desires, I feel a sort of disconnection from them, as if I were looking at my own desires from the outside. That must be why the spark of passion has to come from outside... because to us, our own desires are just another voice in the crowd.

This seems like an Fe/Fi thing, though, so I guess it makes sense.

yea my Fi is kinda funny, it comes out in little hints, like I'll try to think of environmentally safe technologies for the good of everyone, while at the same time serving my own agenda of advancing the technology itself. The thing is I usually don't emphasize it's for the good of everyone, I might just say, it's more efficient or something.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Wow, firstly i didn't realise it was common for INTJ to walk behind the crowd. He always walked infront. I thought it was because he didn't want to be seen with me and the kids. Lol, now i know.

I like INTJs just fine. They're awesome. ;)

I understand most of what they do, but what I don't understand is why they're so driven and motivated by accomplishment, why they care more about making something work than having it make sense. I also don't understand where their motivation comes from, or where they get all those feelings about the goodness of their ideas without any external reinforcement.

In other words, I don't understand Te and Fi.

OK, so if an INTJ is not motivated by accomplishments and so driven. What is he? He had ideas, don't get me wrong but that is all they were. I saw his potential and even pushed him into jobs where he had the potential to be great. He just couldn't hold down the job (maybe due to the social element of it, i don't know). I didn't understand him. He was great and he knew it yet he lacked something. *sigh*. Oh well.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I enjoyed and appreciate your response. I guess the biggest thing is, my friendship with the INTJ feels like it has devolved to a one-way street. I have zero involvement at this point. Interesting that my competence is rewarded in this case with increased demands (admittedly, a shallow way of observing). I do enjoy that he comes to me for advice.

Though that being said, he introduced me to and taught me much about MBTI a year ago.

is there no way to delete posts?

I completely understand, it sucks when your needs in a friendship aren't being met, and it's nice to be able to voice them. I'm glad you contributed because it was something other than the usual comments on INTJs, and a good reminder to me (there are at least 3 or 4 people I've been putting off talking to:blush:)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
OK, so if an INTJ is not motivated by accomplishments and so driven. What is he? He had ideas, don't get me wrong but that is all they were. I saw his potential and even pushed him into jobs where he had the potential to be great. He just couldn't hold down the job (maybe due to the social element of it, i don't know). I didn't understand him. He was great and he knew it yet he lacked something. *sigh*. Oh well.

It's not the practicality of a career that motivates the INTJ, it's what 'career' provides as to better cultivate internal vision of identity. 'Career' is an excuse to pursue identity, while getting paid. Nothing more.

Frothy terminology like 'job satisfaction' and '5-year plan' are often artificial landmarks offered as blunt distraction. Or as a shield, if you like, intended to haze unwanted visibility from his real goals. This is done to prevent misguided curiosity from changing the complexion of what he finds significant. Buying into 'workforce culture' is typically an expression of insincerity for the INTJ, as it requires abandonment of individuality in favor of easy group participation.

I suspect this is one of the primary differences between xNTJs and xSTJs.

lamp

(there are at least 3 or 4 people I've been putting off talking to:blush:)
no need to chat for long at all, just maintain the appearance that you are 'in touch'

Not sure if I am describing this correctly but: I feel like conversation with INTJs gets boring quickly. They are largely focused on one thing or 'thread', and if I want to flit around a bit the INTJ becomes stubborn and unwilling to follow or take seriously my hypothetical lines of thinking. Leads to a bit of a standoff.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
no need to chat for long at all, just maintain the appearance that you are 'in touch'

Not sure if I am describing this correctly but: I feel like conversation with INTJs gets boring quickly. They are largely focused on one thing or 'thread', and if I want to flit around a bit the INTJ becomes stubborn and unwilling to follow or take seriously my hypothetical lines of thinking. Leads to a bit of a standoff.

he's probably stressed out and obsessing over solving something in his mind. These are our less sociable moments.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
It's not the practicality of a career that motivates the INTJ, it's what 'career' provides as to better cultivate internal vision of identity. 'Career' is an excuse to pursue identity, while getting paid. Nothing more.

Frothy terminology like 'job satisfaction' and '5-year plan' are often artificial landmarks offered as blunt distraction. Or as a shield, if you like, intended to haze unwanted visibility from his real goals. This is done to prevent misguided curiosity from changing the complexion of what he finds significant. Buying into 'workforce culture' is typically an expression of insincerity for the INTJ, as it requires abandonment of individuality in favor of easy group participation.

I suspect this is one of the primary differences between xNTJs and xSTJs.

yea it's something like that, let's just say a routine job well done at work feels pretty good, but a dream realized feels like an orgasm. SJs seem to get enough satisfaction in just doing their daily jobs.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
yea it's something like that, let's just say a routine job well done at work feels pretty good, but a dream realized feels like an orgasm. SJs seem to get enough satisfaction in just doing their daily jobs.

OK, so are there INTJ's out there where they haven't realised their dream? or they have realised it but not put it into practice. I mean people in their 30 - 40's.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

I would take it a bit further, actually: The satisfaction of realizing internal truth is of far greater ecstasy than the temporary joy of orgasm.

Almost a discovery of some profound cosmic pattern, previously obscured under (seemingly) conspiratorial terms. It's as if one has solved a decades-old investigation, wherein the evidence confirms an 'answer' long ago anticipated, but never before appreciated by anyone other than the INTJ.

It's a grand confirmation of something. What it means specifically is relative to the individual.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
OK, so are there INTJ's out there where they haven't realised their dream? or they have realised it but not put it into practice. I mean people in their 30 - 40's.

Yes there certainly are intjs like that out there, everyone is unique regaurdless of matching types. Realizing a dream is NOT EASY, it can take a lifetimes work of gaining knowledge, it can take a long time if not ever in their lives.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I would take it a bit further, actually: The satisfaction of realizing internal truth is of far greater ecstasy than the temporary joy of orgasm.

Almost a discovery of some profound cosmic pattern, previously obscured under (seemingly) conspiratorial terms. It's as if one has solved a decades-old investigation, wherein the evidence confirms an 'answer' long ago anticipated, but never before appreciated by anyone other than the INTJ.

It's a grand confirmation of something. What it means specifically is relative to the individual.

Yes I agree but to help the SJ understand I came up with a more sensual/tangible analogy of the experience.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yes I agree but to help the SJ understand I came up with a more sensual/tangible analogy of the experience.

The SJ .. Lol. Thanks.

I appreciate your thoughts and understand where you are coming from. ;)