• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs at the gym.

Do you work out regularly?

• I'm an ENTJ and I work out regularly.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • I'm an ENTJ and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I'm an ENTP and I work out regularly.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • I'm an ENTP and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I'm an INTP and I work out regularly.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • I'm an INTP and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I'm an INTJ and I work out regularly.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I'm an INTJ and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

juggernaut

Permabanned
I can't right now. I damaged some ligaments in my right hand, and I have to take it easy for a long time.

A whole summer without hapkido because I punched a damn refrigerator. :sadbanana:

Why would you punch a refrigerator? That sounds like a decidedly SF thing to do.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
My SO has this lovebird. Will not shut up. 85dB all day long. I'm only patient if I have a reasonable amount of quiet so that I can recharge. After a few months of this, I'm fried. I was in the middle of working out a lengthy proof when he let out this ear-piercing shriek and I just immediately punched the nearest thing to me (it was sort of an outlet because my first impulse was to throw something at the bird, which is not acceptable).

I think the bird will be the end of us as a couple.

juggernaut

Permabanned
My SO has this lovebird. Will not shut up. 85dB all day long. I'm only patient if I have a reasonable amount of quiet so that I can recharge. After a few months of this, I'm fried. I was in the middle of working out a lengthy proof when he let out this ear-piercing shriek and I just immediately punched the nearest thing to me (it was sort of an outlet because my first impulse was to throw something at the bird, which is not acceptable).

I think the bird will be the end of us as a couple.

No offense, but if you're punching appliances that bird may be the least of your problems. :blink:

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, but you do have a habit of feigning misunderstanding whenever I type something. Don't ask me a question if you don't want an answer.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I'm not feigning anything. When supposedly intelligent people who do incredibly stupid things I find it puzzling. I don't understand patently idiotic behavior from people who consider themselves brilliant.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't understand your apparent inability to conduct a conversation in good faith. This is the second time you've done this, so I'm not going to make the mistake of responding to you with any sincerity a third time.

Pull your head out of your ass.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I voted 'work out regularly' but I use the term 'regularly' kind of loosely. I do Martial Arts a great deal, but not all of it is a 'workout' per se. Weapons training is a lot less intense sometimes than say, sparring. Occasionally I walk and run the treadmill, I go hiking and take the stairs at work, walking the dog... lots of little things during the week to help keep me at a constant weight.

I can't to 'training schedules' or 'routines'... I get bored and frustrated by about day 2.

juggernaut

Permabanned
You were asked a simple question. You may have noticed I wasn't the only one that found the behavior peculiar. You say and do stupid things and then get bent when people question you about it.

Please feel free not to respond, but there was no "first time" I failed to conduct a conversation in good faith. You simply are not as clever as you think and it appears you have little ability to recognize your own shortcomings (which are quite apparent to all of us looking on). You are what is commonly referred to as an intellectual bully. While that garbage may fly when you're pushing around your ST minions or a bunch of petrified students, it doesn't work as well here. We are not impressed.

heart

heart on fire
You may have noticed I wasn't the only one that found the behavior peculiar. You say and do stupid things and then get bent when people question you about it...

I'm not the genius physically harming myself, acting like a retard.

I'm not feigning anything. When supposedly intelligent people who do incredibly stupid things I find it puzzling. I don't understand patently idiotic behavior from people who consider themselves brilliant.

Why would you punch a refrigerator? That sounds like a decidedly SF thing to do.

Why is it a "decidedly" SF thing to do? I don't get it... Are you calling SF people stupid? Are you claiming that only SF people lose their tempers and do unwise things? :huh:

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
It takes a... special... person to take the claim that I have an army of SJ gnomes seriously, or that any post with as much browbeating as I inject into mine could be something other than a grotesque cartoon of the MBTI stereotypes. The refrigerator story was meant to get some laughs, because it is stupid. Two people in this thread did take it the way it was meant -- funny, self-deprecating, and worth laughing about. Responding to something that is clearly self-deprecating humor with a mean-spirited jeer is just asinine. And I even put a crutch in for people who might miss the tone of the post. Did you see it? It was hard to miss. It was yellow, and stupid looking.

And this may come as a surprise to you, juggernaut, but gnomes don't actually exist.