• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs at the gym.

Do you work out regularly?

• I'm an ENTJ and I work out regularly.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • I'm an ENTJ and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I'm an ENTP and I work out regularly.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • I'm an ENTP and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I'm an INTP and I work out regularly.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • I'm an INTP and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I'm an INTJ and I work out regularly.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I'm an INTJ and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine's started getting obsessive about the gym. At first, he felt it was necessary to do something about his body shape after years of not caring. Now, he's becoming INTJ about it aka, started figuring out how to be as efficient as possible with his time at the gym to get the best results.

It's like that with anything. If he gets invested enough, he needs to be the best at it and figure out the most (time)efficient way to his goal. It pays off though :D

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i never worked out a day in my life

ENTP girls say this...of course no one worked out a whole day in their life...so you're not lyin'!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lM8ukLDns"]
watch
[/YOUTUBE]

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I tried P90X for a while. Now I just put it on when I can't get to the gym, and I don't follow it strictly. Some of the exercises are stupid and gimmicky.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I figure it's all a con. It's a way to get people to pay money for something that's available free. Why pay up and then go to that high pressure environment with all that competition and shit, if I can just take a run round the field for free?

Nah, though I was into athletics when I was a teenager, it was mostly throwing shit like javelin, and also archery and sailing, nothing that involves running! In the course of sailing though you can feel like you get a good workout, and often the dinghi would come out and then it'd be a lot of rowing.

When it comes to it, I just can't keep to workout routines because a) I don't do routines and b) it's boring if you have to do it on your own and most other people either aren't into the same sports as me or they don't get the time or whatever.

Rowing, hiking, riding and archery are still my faves. Swimming was also until I was forced for uh, medical reasons to stop swimming until I have a certain surgical procedure, which I can't afford. Pity - I got my 3km certificate for swimming across a bay in Cornwall :) I don't get many chances to do them though, but I take them when I can.

Gyms really just aren't my scene man. I'd rather be outdoors.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohh! You think I paid for it...Nah ...a friend gave me the exercises...

wolfy

awsm
While I'm here waiting for a decent sample size for my ISTJ gnomes to crunch, does someone have a good way of isolating the serratus anteriors? I have little girly serratus muscles, and I'd like to give them extra emphasis.

Incline presses with the incline at 45 degrees. Emphasis the top half of the movement.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried P90X for a while. Now I just put it on when I can't get to the gym, and I don't follow it strictly. Some of the exercises are stupid and gimmicky.

K..It works. Realize it might not make sense for you.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I don't work out, it's also a cultural thing, though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"I'm an ENTP and I work out regularly."

HAHAHAHA, gn8

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
The poll is a little surprising. I expected more ENTPs to work out regularly (based on the ENTPs I know personally), and fewer INTPs.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Frank

While I'm here waiting for a decent sample size for my ISTJ gnomes to crunch, does someone have a good way of isolating the serratus anteriors? I have little girly serratus muscles, and I'd like to give them extra emphasis.

Hitting the heavy bag should do it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The best simpsons episode is when the kids have become teenagers and millhouse being heavily worked out, tries to hit on Liza :D. No fan of clichés here, really no fan of clichés :D

L

Lasting_Pain

Got a gym at the house but if I need to go out to do some extra work, well there is always the ipod to help keep me disconnected from the world.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hitting the heavy bag should do it.
I can't right now. I damaged some ligaments in my right hand, and I have to take it easy for a long time.

A whole summer without hapkido because I punched a damn refrigerator. :sadbanana:

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
once i realized working out helps my brain function i started going to the gym regularly. being fit and having a trim body is just a nice extra ;)

playing in pickup basketball games though is a ton of fun.