User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you work out regularly?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an ENTJ and I work out regularly.

8 10.39%
  • I'm an ENTJ and I do not work out regularly.

2 2.60%
  • I'm an ENTP and I work out regularly.

11 14.29%
  • I'm an ENTP and I do not work out regularly.

12 15.58%
  • I'm an INTP and I work out regularly.

15 19.48%
  • I'm an INTP and I do not work out regularly.

15 19.48%
  • I'm an INTJ and I work out regularly.

10 12.99%
  • I'm an INTJ and I do not work out regularly.

4 5.19%
First 678910 Last

Thread: NTs at the gym.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Kind of agree with this. I've absolutely destroyed my shoulders. It really sucks.
    Two years ago - I blew out my left rotator cuff. Shoulder injuries REALLY suck. Ligament/tendon injuries suck even MORE.

Lasting_Pain

I guess people expect NTs not to take care of their body.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Two years ago - I blew out my left rotator cuff. Shoulder injuries REALLY suck. Ligament/tendon injuries suck even MORE.
    I can't bench more than 150 anymore. It's sad. My shoulders can't stabilize the weight. I can barely military press the bars. How'd you heal up? Did you need surgery?

Lasting_Pain

I can't bench more than 150 anymore. It's sad. My shoulders can't stabilize the weight. I can barely military press the bars. How'd you heal up? Did you need surgery?
    Do you have free weights or a machine. I find machines to be better for working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Do you have free weights or a machine. I find machines to be better for working out.
    Machines are not always a natural movement which can actually increase chances of injury so I avoid them.

Lasting_Pain

Machines are not always a natural movement which can actually increase chances of injury so I avoid them.
    Oh, do you receive injuries easily?
    If you do, than I will admit that I can receive them easily too and I have never had problems with my machines and I can bench 160 and up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Eh, I've never injured myself playing a sport or while working out. I'm too much of a bitch to deal with getting injured. =D

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty durable and I'm a fast-healer to boot...although not as much as I used to be. I swear I could stab myself with a knife when I was seven and watch the wound heal like Wolverine. O_o.

And Jock's got a good point about machines, many of them don't allow natural movement to increase strength, but that all really depends on the machine you're using. I personally prefer free weights since you can actively control what you're doing and I personally find less risk of injuring myself while using them and I can move freely.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Oh, do you receive injuries easily?
    If you do, than I will admit that I can receive them easily too and I have never had problems with my machines and I can bench 160 and up.
    I don't actually, my shoulder injury was more a result of trying to lift too much too fast than being a fragile person. Otherwise I have considerable resilience. Also, everyone's body is different, yet machines do not take this into account and pigeonhole everyone into the same movement, which I do not like.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I had to stay out of the gym for about half a year - and then I began working all muscle group except for the vertical push group (deltoids/traps/upper tris)

After a few months exercising the other groups and a fair amount of concentration on core work, I started adding in some shoulder stuff.

But not the heavy stuff, mind you. I'm talking the 5lb DBs. Using the granny weights was humiliating but I've slowly gotten my shoulders back up to where I can hang clean and press 45lbs with out pain - which is still granny weight.

the injury itself was over two years ago and I'm still not fully recovered yet. :steam:

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Eh, I've never injured myself playing a sport or while working out. I'm too much of a bitch to deal with getting injured. =D

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty durable and I'm a fast-healer to boot...although not as much as I used to be. I swear I could stab myself with a knife when I was seven and watch the wound heal like Wolverine. O_o.

And Jock's got a good point about machines, many of them don't allow natural movement to increase strength, but that all really depends on the machine you're using. I personally prefer free weights since you can actively control what you're doing and I personally find less risk of injuring myself while using them and I can move freely.

I have balancing issues, that is why I use the machines.