User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: ENTP's as kids

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I do not want my son to waste his potential (lol, he actually wants to join this site, i have to remind him he is 12) .. I just hope he comes to some kind of conclusion in his head, and moves forward.
    Let him.

Seriously if you let him read all this it would probably help a hell of a lot as one of the main thing i had growing up was this feeling that i was totally different from everyone else and it screws with your head at times. Especially with all the pressure to fit in as a kid. Maybe seeing that actually he is a perfectly normal - if somewhat rare - kid would help. Get him to read the NT child thread.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

If this site had a kiddy section, i would let him join. You would rip him to pieces, although he has strong views and is good at expressing them, he is still just a kid. I have to remind myself that sometimes.
    Has occured to you that he would probably love that? If he is bored in school its probably from lack of mental stimulation and letting him get ripped to shreds would probably give him a big mental stimulation. Most ENTP kids would love the opportunity.
    Oh and most ENTPs on here seem to be teens, twenties or thirties and there really isn't that much difference between teenage ENTPs and 12 year old ENTPs. Or older ENTPs!

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    P.P.S.: When the cops asked for my phone number, after I drove the truck drunk through town, being 13 years old, I gave them the number of the pizza delivery
    WTF??? And there i thought i was a bugger as a teenager. You put me to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Or that Saslou is deeply mistaken.

Or that her unconscious mind wants to tell us something else.
    You are pretty much getting it how it is. I do blunt honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I always thought that little entps talked about becoming engineers, were socially awkward, and left messy rooms.
    He loves his technology websites. he told me this morning in technology they are using the sewing machines .. Why not let them come up with a thesis for black holes, the big bang, anything but sewing .. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    What constitutes a stupid kid? The worst thing you can do is let this slide. An ENTP or any kid should not be lead to the possibility that they can underestimate another, or even better, go on thinking other kids abilities are subpar.
    I am blunt with my words, i say then think. What i meant was these children my son hangs with, don't challenge his views. I see my son's cogs going round when he is discussing space and time with my 49 year old step dad. He is in his element then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    discipline him or send him off
    No i can't discipline him, he is more stubborn than me. Send him off, never. I never quit.

You made some very good points substitute. Cheers for that. I can not home teach him. Single parent now and i have to work. I will go and talk to the school with some of the views from this thread and see how it goes.

I can see why Elliot would think i am on side with the system but the kid knows me. He knows although i like to conform i still do it on my terms (the rebel within) but i do play the game as long as i can see it will go to my advantage.

I don't know any NT's. My husband was INTJ. Its funny looking back as Elliot always used to hang around us a lot. It bothered my hubby. I think Elliot was just listening though to our conversations as occasionally they were depth to them (i did say occasionally ) .. sigh.

We'll just see what happens.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Has occured to you that he would probably love that? If he is bored in school its probably from lack of mental stimulation and letting him get ripped to shreds would probably give him a big mental stimulation. Most ENTP kids would love the opportunity.
    Oh and most ENTPs on here seem to be teens, twenties or thirties and there really isn't that much difference between teenage ENTPs and 12 year old ENTPs. Or older ENTPs!
    We did look at the NT forum the other day and that's why he wanted to join. I will let him have a look at the thread. If he can get some thing from it then great.

If he still wants to join, then we will possibly look at a month trial or something. I just worry that he may get his views ripped to pieces, he is a kid and maybe not properly able to articulate his opinion. I am not putting him down. Can you see my concern though?
    And i know that's life. Shit happens, put it in perspective and get over it. Its just the mum in me
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

We did look at the NT forum the other day and that's why he wanted to join. I will let him have a look at the thread. If he can get some thing from it then great.

If he still wants to join, then we will possibly look at a month trial or something. I just worry that he may get his views ripped to pieces, he is a kid and maybe not properly able to articulate his opinion. I am not putting him down. Can you see my concern though?
    And i know that's life. Shit happens, put it in perspective and get over it. Its just the mum in me
    Yeah i can see your point of view. Its just that it one of the worst views you can have with an ENTP.

MBTI
    entp

he will lose respect for everyone who accepts his views without ripping them to shreds first.

same goes for him accepting others' view's.

im not saying let him join but im willing to bet that once hes on here, your gonna a have a fairly hard time getting him off here

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    he will lose respect for everyone who accepts his views without ripping them to shreds first.

same goes for him accepting others' view's.

im not saying let him join but im willing to bet that once hes on here, your gonna a have a fairly hard time getting him off here
    Lmao .. Smart mommy .. When he gets home from school, he is on my laptop. I only get on here if he is in the bath, taking pic's of things, or asleep.

I am getting another computer tomorrow .. he can have that one
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    ENTPs are Ne-dom. They are obsessed with possibilities. Thousands of myriads of different possible scenarios are forming in their head within a single day.

Maturity is a word that should be banned from the vocabulary of every ENTP.

How can you say that?

Why?
    if you don't like maturity, call it a learning experience

i say that because i look at my own life and concede to the point that having no sense of entitlement and working towards practically everything you want and need requires a completely different school of thought than the ones you see today, especially in middle school kids. to see such functioning in a 12 yr old is not only somewhat admirable but also refreshing...it means that hes not afraid of hard work as long he finds it worthwhile

dude with an attitude like that is going places...as long as it doesn't get to his head

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

You are pretty much getting it how it is. I do blunt honesty.
    Being mistaken is not contradictory with being honest.

But since you say you might appreciate a blunt 'truth', here are my two cents anyway.

---

Seriously, I have very serious doubts about your theory and every advice we have heard here, because you're not supposed to be able to type a twelve years old kid.

He can't be ENTP because at this stage, his cognitive functions are still growing; his path is not chosen, unless you believe types are determined by genetics (and I won't follow you on that very slippery slope).

And even then, again, there is NO WAY you could be sure he will become an ENTP. Thus I guess you have self typed him, and this is a common mistake. (But Jung would have been horrified with what you did! )

For instance, I know many strong Js (as adults) that were extremely messy kids. And I know several indisputable extroverts that were rather shy when they were younger, and vice versa.

And furthermore, according to what you have said about him, your son is NOT behaving like an adult ENTP at all (and it is fortunate, believe me).

---

Thus, I can only induce that you are projecting many unconscious questions, desires or biases on him, since you apparently "want" him to be an ENTP. Don't worry, such behavior is perfectly normal for any responsible caring mother, so I won't put the blame on you.

But don't fool yourself too much, it wouldn't be very wise.

---

The only sound advice I have noticed here is the need for adult male role models, because it can work whether your son will become an ENTP or not. Does he have a few interesting uncles, for instance?
    But the rest are extrapolations based on weak evidences.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am sorry but i am tired so i am going to keep this short.

Someone on this site posted a link in one of the threads .. I got my kid to do the test.

This is what he got, which he agreed with .. Portrait of an ENP Child ..

Adult personality types contain four letters, while for kids aged 7-12 we use three letter types. What happened to the missing letter? It's there, we just can't usually determine what it is until after a person is around 13 years old. ENP kids will grow up to be either ENTP "Visionaries" or ENFP "Inspirers". At this stage in their development, it's not obvious whether they will choose Thinking or Feeling to complement their preference for Intuition. You will see the child practicing both Thinking and Feeling as they settle down into their preferred function. In some children, it's possible to distinguish their "missing" letter, but for many kids we just have to wait a few years to be sure.

The kid wanted to take a look at the 2 and he said agreed to all the visionaries Strengths and weaknesses. Maybe he will turn out to be an inspirer .. I just was asking for a little guidance with a little problem i am having. If you choose to look more into it then fine.

My son could have the type TW*T .. and i would still love him to bits and be very proud.

Also, if i could choose his type, it would be an SJ obviously as me and my other son is ..
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe