User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: ENTP's as kids

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    It's always the DAMN! Somalians!!!!!

That would be awesome, bring him to the dark side.

One of us, One of us, One of us.
    I am not being racist but my kid doesn't have white friends who can challenge his thinking methods. These kids just want to be gangsters .. Tut.

If this site had a kiddy section, i would let him join. You would rip him to pieces, although he has strong views and is good at expressing them, he is still just a kid. I have to remind myself that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'm highly suspicious of the school's assessment - do you have any examples of this terrible behaviour?
    Storming out of the classroom during lessons. Refusing to do his work.
    Swearing and answering back at teachers. Running down the halls. Being late for lessons. Blah Blah Blah.

It was mentioned that Elliot may not be stimulated enough in the classroom .. No shit Sherlock. Having a 1000 kids to look after though, school is about gving and showing respect, that is what i was told anyway.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am not being racist but my kid doesn't have white friends who can challenge his thinking methods.
    Really? Not being racist?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    That sounds very odd for an ENTP kid.

I mean, not the grades, but the fact he acknowledges to have "his future mapped out".

---

You should remember that according to the whole theory, Jungian typology is not supposed to be made for teens. And that trying to type a young teen often gives unaccurate, false or incomplete datas.
    Someone had posted a link to a kids personality test. We both agree on all the strengths and weaknesses.
    Lol .. Elliot's future plans are grand. Lets give it a year and see if he changes his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    People said I'd regret it when I was older, but I haven't yet and I've been more successful than my swotty sister by a long way, and am happier than her too.

I think your best bet would be to support his decisions to do things his own way. If it really is more in his interest to act another way, you can bet he'll probably realize it on his own when the time's right, and will do it of his own free will.
    Totally agree .. School doesn't teach you about life .. Only life does that .. Are my geography lessons on glaciers helpful now .. NO. Its the potential though. I have to think things through so bloody hard (i know what i mean) .. this kid has a brain like a sponge. He reeled off his lines from a school production from 3 years ago the other day just to remind me that he knew them. lol. I am happy to plod on in life. I will get what i want. I just have his best intentions at heart.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Really? Not being racist?
    How else could i word it??? I didn't want to imply that's why i went into detail.

Sorry if i have offended anyone.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

He doesn't hang around with children of his intelligence level?
    His friends have no interest in learning?
    His friends are deadbeats and losers?
    He has no common interests with his friends?

What does having white friends have to do with someone challenging his thinking methods???

There are many ways to word that statement, but I guess you just picked the one that was most honest to you, and I can't fault you for being honest.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    That sounds very odd for an ENTP kid.

I mean, not the grades, but the fact he acknowledges to have "his future mapped out".

---

You should remember that according to the whole theory, Jungian typology is not supposed to be made for teens. And that trying to type a young teen often gives unaccurate, false or incomplete datas.

why...sounds to me like a typical entp kid to me...maybe with big ideas and very self-aware very early on, but entp nonetheless

its if he actually starts working towards those ideas when you might doubt his ENTPness...or just agree that what we have here is a fairly mature and determined ENTP. determination, in this case (as in mine), comes from adversity. he knows that if he wants something, hes gonna have to go get it himself. there is almost no sense of entitlement.

also, this dude is going places. im only 20 and i barely know what life is but saslou, id say your very lucky to have a kid like that

MBTI
    entp

in my defense, weirder shit has happened

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    why...sounds to me like a typical entp kid to me...maybe with big ideas and very self-aware very early on, but entp nonetheless
    ENTPs are Ne-dom. They are obsessed with possibilities. Thousands of myriads of different possible scenarios are forming in their head within a single day.

"What would happen if...?"
    "Should I try that?" -just for fun-

As you said, we often have no idea what life really is, because we consider the infinite possibilities. We could be anybody, just living anywhere, anytime.

We experience several lives simultaneously, and yet we don't understand any. We question everything, so there's usually no definite or ultimate answer.

Being rich makes us poor. Or vice versa.

its if he actually starts working towards those ideas when you might doubt his ENTPness...or just agree that what we have here is a fairly mature and determined ENTP. determination, in this case (as in mine), comes from adversity. he knows that if he wants something, hes gonna have to go get it himself. there is almost no sense of entitlement.
    Maturity is a word that should be banned from the vocabulary of every ENTP.

also, this dude is going places. im only 20 and i barely know what life is but saslou, id say your very lucky to have a kid like that
    How can you say that?

Why?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ESFJ

he knows that if he wants something, hes gonna have to go get it himself. there is almost no sense of entitlement.

I have said it, i am proud. I have always kind of pushed that on my kids. You want something, you go and get it, there are no free tickets in life, and nothing is going to be handed to you. I think it is a positive thing to push on them, even if i am pushing.

in my defense, weirder shit has happened
    Freaking hell, don't tell me that, i am going to go grey. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

What does having white friends have to do with someone challenging his thinking methods???

There are many ways to word that statement, but I guess you just picked the one that was most honest to you, and I can't fault you for being honest.
    Point taken .. (i won't tell you i was partially quoting my kid) .. Maybe he just knows they are stupid kids. Yet still hangs around with them.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Resistance is futile

I would like to help, but I was a rolemodel child. Born conservative, die conservative

P.P.S.: When the cops asked for my phone number, after I drove the truck drunk through town, being 13 years old, I gave them the number of the pizza delivery
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]