User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Lots of explanations about why NT don't go together but could someone explain more why they think SF don't go together well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Lots of explanations about why NT don't go together but could someone explain more why they think SF don't go together well.
    Do be bothered by this since S and F can go nicely togather just like N and T.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    The linear progression would be:
    You say that thinking is flat and one dimensional, which leads me to believe that you don't like to think, or that you think in a one dimensional manner only or that you don't think at all. Earlier, I gave you two very clear examples of how I process information. Now, I would like to see the way you process information. The statement you made is curious at best.

Can you give us an example?
    I'm not sure how it will help, but okay.

I seem to unconsciously register an idea of the nature of everything around me and in my mind, and the ones relevant to whatever I'm focused on come into consciousness. I then imagine all the possible ways the things I'm focused on could be connected, and usually one or two will jump out at me as being "right" or "fitting" the idea I have in mind somehow. So then, I usually follow that particular configuration as far as it will go... trying to figure out what it might mean, what it leads to, what it's similar to, and what it's different from. Basically, after I've gotten the form of a particular idea in mind, I compare it to all sorts of known qualities and try to categorize it in as many ways as possible, so that I can describe it.

Did that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    Right. And I think, in that case, that NT thought is not confined to sequential deduction. This is perhaps the reason that mathematics departments are refugee camps for NTs. In my experience theorem proving is rarely a sequential process (even though the final product is usually a very clean, logical argument). The process of starting a proof has always been, for me, a kind of synthesis where several of the needed pieces fall into place at the same time, and they aren't organized until I write them on paper.

N and T go together. People with a marked ability for theoretical or abstract reasoning are NTs.
    Well, so you're saying Thinking isn't merely a process of sequential deduction. What is it, then? How can it be used more flexibly?

I agree that NTs do have that capacity. I'm just not clear as to why or how N and T translate into that capacity.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    intuition is general, sensory perception is specific; feelings are subjective, while thinking is objective. since subjectivity requires an object to respond to, emotional response must be flexible, and because it can be flexible it doesnt seem to follow anything specific, so it is thought to be general but isnt... it draws upon specific sensory data for "SF", according to the theory anyways.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I would explain how N and T go together, but my Ne threw a rock at Ti. Ti then got his buddy Si and ganged up on Ne while Fe sat in a corner crying.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I would explain how N and T go together, but my Ne threw a rock at Ti. Ti then got his buddy Si and ganged up on Ne while Fe sat in a corner crying.
    Oh, I know how that is. My functions don't always get along either. They can be SO mean to each other sometimes. Like this:

Ni laughs at a joke, but then Fe slaps her because it was offensive. Then Ni runs to complain to Ti, and they both gang up against Fe, teasing her until she cries. Se just goes "Whatever," puts on his headphones, and keeps playing video games and drinking soda.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Oh, I know how that is. My functions don't always get along either. They can be SO mean to each other sometimes. Like this:

Ni laughs at a joke, but then Fe slaps her because it was offensive. Then Ni runs to complain to Ti, and they both gang up against Fe, teasing her until she cries. Se just goes "Whatever," puts on his headphones, and keeps playing video games and drinking soda.
    Oh I see. That's interesting, because I was joking.

Yes. To make things absolutely clear, I was making fun of your understanding of N and T.

Now what. Feel insulted.

Please?
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh I see. That's interesting, because I was joking.

Yes. To make things absolutely clear, I was making fun of your understanding of N and T.

Now what. Feel insulted.

Please?
    I feel so insulted and pathetic. Waa!!! Okay, I'm finished feeling insulted now.

I guess I missed the joke. My Ne doesn't work. So, what were you making fun of regarding my understanding of N and T? What was the joke?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I feel so insulted and pathetic. Waa!!! Okay, I'm finished feeling insulted now.

I guess I missed the joke. My Ne doesn't work. So, what were you making fun of regarding my understanding of N and T? What was the joke?
    See ladies and gentlemen? That's like four things in one. I managed to get the satisfaction from insulting someone, the satisfaction from making a joke that goes over someone's head, the chance to brag about it, and all without actually offending anyone.

Skillz.
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

See ladies and gentlemen? That's like four things in one. I managed to get the satisfaction from insulting someone, the satisfaction from making a joke that goes over someone's head, the chance to brag about it, and all without actually offending anyone.

Skillz.
    Congratulations on all that. Good going. You're a very accomplished INTP.

Could you explain the joke now? So us less brilliant people can get it?