MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

You said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I just think "Thinking" is perhaps inherently less holistic maybe....if that makes sense.
    So, I said:

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think that if people are saying that N and F are "feminine traits" and S and T are "masculine traits", then NT or SF should be more balanced, not less balanced - like yin and yang...

And thinking is not less holistic. Thinking and feeling is what makes you whole in the first place.
    Then you:

Uh?

What ever do you mean by "whole" and how is that relevant?
    Can you explain the relevance? I wasn't the one who brought it up...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I found something intresting here:

Quoted from: Transcendence Through Intuitive*Thinking

Real intuition comes from beyond. Whatever determines your current realm, your current body of assumptions and programming — intuition originates from beyond that. If you are a product of the past, intuition is a feedback flow from the future. If you are the lower self, intuition comes from the higher self. If you are operating from the five senses, intuition comes through the sixth. So it is an influence that comes from beyond, that beckons you beyond, versus influences that come from the lower self, the collective physical reality, and genetic programming that solicit you into rationalizing away the new for being unsupported by the old. Intuition is your internal compass magnetized to absolute truth, that if followed takes you through ever greater levels of objectivity and thus through ever more advanced realms of existence. It is the thread that leads you out from the maze of illusions, it is the heart of your soul, the voice of your spirit, and it only speaks as clearly as you have ears to hear and the mind to listen.

With intuitive thinking, intuition is the guiding hand of logic. Logic alone is incapable of determining the absolute value of anything because it deals in binaries and the relation between them: premise versus conclusion, subject versus object, congruent versus divergent, rational versus irrational, or cause versus effect. But what decides the premise? What determines the first cause? Who decides what is rational? What determines objective truth? Not the intellect; it only acknowledges and obeys them after they have already come into existence. Intellect takes what it is given and follows through with it. In the absence of intuition, it takes orders from group consensus or physical signals, hence the “nature versus nurture” debate, which is another binary fallacy that fails to include the transjective possibility of spiritual factors. Logic without intuition puts intellect in the business of reinforcing biases rather than uprooting them.

On the other hand, intuition without logic leads to vague impressions that never become accurate expressions or communicable understanding. The intellect is also necessary to avoid confusing intuition with emotionalism; the latter being subjective, its commands will have holes, self-contradictions, discoverable motives that are less than reasonable, and consequences that you can already foresee would be unpleasant. As mentioned, those who discard the intellect have no means to distinguish between the two. They get caught up in a self-made world of illusion that is wholly at odds with the objective reality they reside within.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFJ

You said:

So, I said:

Then you:

Can you explain the relevance? I wasn't the one who brought it up...

You said "then NT or SF should be more balanced, not less balanced - like yin and yang..." when I said nothing about balance.

In fact, yes, in theory NT and SF would be more balanced. But I wasn't saying being more holistic made you any better, more balanced or more whole.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I found something intresting here:
    You used amazing intuition in finding this logical piece.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thats nearly exactly my thoughts. F backuped with N is more likely to dwelve into a world of their own. While T backup with N is more likely to "work properly" given the things you want to accomplish.

Therefore in the end, its even for F backupped by N important to filter it through T glasses. Otherwise the whole thing makes no sense or brings you to the asylum
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

You said "then NT or SF should be more balanced, not less balanced - like yin and yang..." when I said nothing about balance.

In fact, yes, in theory NT and SF would be more balanced. But I wasn't saying being more holistic made you any better, more balanced or whole.
    You are missing the point entirely. I never mentioned better, I was talking about whole. You said thinking is less whole (than feeling, was the implication). I pointed out that you need both to be whole. And that having both (which we ALL have) makes you balanced. What's with the bickering?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Lol, what's with the ego stroking and the slight hint of defensiveness? I thought you guys needed no "proof" to know NT means perfection.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You are missing the point entirely. I never mentioned better, I was talking about whole. You said thinking is less whole (than feeling, was the implication). I pointed out that you need both to be whole. And that having both (which we ALL have) makes you balanced. What's with the bickering?
    That's what you got completely wrong. I meant no such thing. Nor do I see how it could have been interpret it that way.

Unless perhaps you are using F to write between the lines

I said "natural partners" because they are more similar. Maybe that's the source of the confusion.Fair enough.My bad, considering the context.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

FFS - did you not just say that thinking is less holistic? What the hell do you think holistic means???

Oh, forget it. I don't care.

MBTI
    ISFJ

FFS - did you not just say that thinking is less holistic? What the hell do you think holistic means???

Oh, forget it. I don't care.
    Yeah, sensotard moment on my part. Used to using the word in another context and in another language.

But don't get too worked up about it. You are "more whole" then that. Here, have a joint.