User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    That seems plausible from a certain perspective, but what's interesting is that your reasoning is based on your perceived preconceptions of groups of people, rather than the nature of N, T, F, and the way they interact on a theoretical level.

Also, you specifically referred to "me," rather than my argument. You've given a good reason why I personally should be discredited (I'm an NF and biased towards NFs, don't understand how NTs use T, and due to being an F, would be more susceptible to social standards created by Sensors).

You've soundly defeated my argument from an Ethos perspective. Being an F, I'll respect that, of course. You win.

Well you wrote the OP and you are all over the thread so I don't see the point in being formal .

You are right I am not talking in purely theoretical language because I think that when it comes to things that are this vague evreryone can make a theory of their own. (and they will stick to it).

But since am quite J I am more interested in how this works in the real world then arguing theoretical concepts over and over again. What has the tendecy to draw away the theoretical concepts away from the reality/point.
    And from what I see the thread is showing that tendencies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well you wrote the OP and you are all over the thread so I don't see the point in being formal .
    For someone who doesn't appreciate the personal, you're certainly doing your best to make this personal.

You are right I am not talking in purely theoretical language because I think that when it comes to things that are this vague evreryone can make a theory of their own. (and they will stick to it).

But since am quite J I am more interested in how this works in the real world then arguing theoretical concepts over and over again. What has the tendecy to draw away the theoretical concepts away from the reality/point.
    And from what I see the thread is showing that tendencies.
    Very interesting perspective, my INTJ friend. Reality clearly makes the validity or invalidity of an idea dependent upon the personal affiliations and standards of the one who formulated it. This is a brilliant insight. Oh, how could I have ever failed to see it before?*

*(Sorry if this came across as condescending, I just enjoy sarcasm.)

INTJ friend.
    I was wondering if you will say that about my comment.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well this more like direct then personal.
    Okay. You're really going to say that dismissing my argument because of your belief that I've been influenced by social standards and can't understand how NTs work because I'm an NF is just direct, and not personal?

If that's the case, I take back what I said about logic being limited/structured and thus confining Intuition. It doesn't confine yours at all (and I mean that seriously). If it's that flexible/mutable, it's no better or worse a tool than Feeling.

I was wondering if you will sa that about my comment.
    You made it too easy. It's mostly an annoyed personal comment, doesn't affect the validity of your argument either way.

Okay. You're really going to say that dismissing my argument because of your belief that I've been influenced by social standards and can't understand how NTs work because I'm an NF is just direct, and not personal?

If that's the case, I take back what I said about logic confining Intuition. It definitely isn't confining yours at all (and I mean that seriously).

You made it too easy. It's mostly an annoyed personal comment, doesn't affect the validity of your argument either way.

Sorry, I am playing games. That is why I made the post that has so SJish vibe.

Of course that it is a personal opinion. I don't see how it can be anything else.

The thing is that we trully use N in a different way. Probably we don't use it so differently as much as we use it for different things.
    What I should have said in my first post here is that I am not sure how can N and F go well togather. But it is obvious that they do.
    All of my threads about NFs actually have this component in them.

I am afraid we are looking for an insight in the cards of the other side here.
    But this will probably never happen fully exactly because our points of view are subjective.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sorry, I am playing games. That is why I made the post that has so SJish vibe.
    LOL. I didn't know NTs liked to play games with people. That's interesting.

Of course that it is a personal opinion. I don't see how it can be anything else.
    Me neither. That's why I was confused at first.

The thing is that we trully use N in a different way. Probably we don't use it so differently as much as we use it for different things.
    What I should have said in my first post here is that I am not sure how can N and F go well togather. But it is obvious that they do.
    All of my threads about NFs actually have this component in them.
    They use it to supplement logical judgments instead of feeling judgments, pretty much. But it's actually apparent from the little game you played that logic doesn't immediately prune your intuition in your case, and you actually can play around with illogical ideas.

I am afraid we are looking for an insight in the cards of the other side here.
    But this will probably never happen fully exactly because our points of view are subjective.
    Yes, I think they are. Personally, I think MBTI itself is used in a largely subjective way and open to experience and interpretation. I just enjoy trying to understand the archetypes involved, and why it appeals to people.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's our main method of socializing. We do it all the time. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Now that you know, dont get in my way !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    that was actually what I was getting at above ("the adverse effects of the NT combination turn out to be better than the synergic effects of the NF combination"), only you were too busy dismissing me out of hand to notice. hooray for you! :rolli:
    I was not busy dismissing you - when I said that was irrelevant and subjective, I was referring to this specific quote:

Here I am thinking specifically of the ENTPs vs. ENFPs: Ne-users can really be a strain, talking too much and trusting blindly in their whim and spontaneous associations. With Ti, Ne is disciplined whereas with Fi, Ne is encouraged, regardless of the actual worth of the Ne.
    I was not referring to your entire post, which I thought I made clear when I quoted you the first time.

MBTI
    epic

to the op:
    not as much as u and i.