• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTJ fitting in an INTP-dominated workplace?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I sure don't fit here with the INTP, them generally bashing ENTJ for their supposed "rigidity" and whatnot. Then again, everything seems to go without much disturbance, so it's on the positive side. Bottom line, it works.

I'm weighing this experience in as my professor friend (INTJ) told me about a job opening at their INTP-dominated lab.

What am I to expect of the interview, supposing that the interviewer (not my friend) wants me to adapt to the work ethics in there?

What am I to expect of our collaboration in there, supposing that I get the job, but won't be able to contribute on their level for a long time? I guess I can just manage and not look like a total fool, but I won't be able to compete with their areas of expertise. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

juggernaut

Permabanned
I work with INTPs everyday, all day. The trick is to learn to not speak. I know that seems impossible, but eventually they'll start gravitating toward you whether you like it or not if you can swing it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Collaboration is for weaklings. Drive them before you.
I'd have to see it before deciding on a strategy :devil:

I'd just rather have it relatively easy-going, though. I would think INTP and ENTJ would get different workplace roles, so perhaps we'd find our different places and not disturb one another.

That is, if "not disturbing" is the most important attribute in a team member ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is, if "not disturbing" is the most important attribute in a team member ;)

situational ofcourse, but quite the possibility for INTP's there. :D

As long as both parties are capable I see no trouble. Annoyences at work aren't usually p-type related, but rather due to capability issues.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, thanks. I guess I'll prepare to know my stuff before going there, won't ask them to educate me too much, but instead I'll learn stuff on my own and present myself as skillfull enough. Well, I'll have to ask something to speed up my learning, but I'll do the minimum of it.

I'll tell in the interview to be comfortable with the amount of exchange there is in the workplace.

I'm comfortable not caring about my collegues very much, tho i'd prefer a more extraverted workplace. So.

I'll practice my skills on Java and C to prepare for the interview. (Given it's requirement for the job).

I'll also be preparing for more of a dream job the whole time while working in there.. if I get the job. It'll be 3 months before I could start working in there.

What a negative attitude I had there? Grr. Of course it'll be a terrific career opportunity if I get it, yay!

L

Lasting_Pain

INTPs have a workplace. When was this memo passed out.

On a serious note, you do not have to worry about your new job, INTPs keep to themselves. Just do not go in your job acting like an asshole. I should not have to explain the rest.