User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ENTP Isolation

MBTI
    ENTP

I think that intuition means that we like to "live within our heads" making plans and building theories but if we do that too often we'll get out of ENTP mode since it's the outside contacts that eventually charge us. Maybe it has to do with finding a balance where we're dragged back into life after a period of creative hatching?

I once heard a theory that could explain that couch potatoness but don't really remember it. It had to do with changing your behaviour to something really different when under stress than what it is normally. Someone please help, if you know what I'm talking about.

But being bored is something I really don't understand. Never have been, not even when I was a child. There's always too much to do. Or is it because of my E/I that are almost equal?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sachetan View Post
    I think that intuition means that we like to "live within our heads" making plans and building theories but if we do that too often we'll get out of ENTP mode since it's the outside contacts that eventually charge us. Maybe it has to do with finding a balance where we're dragged back into life after a period of creative hatching?

I once heard a theory that could explain that couch potatoness but don't really remember it. It had to do with changing your behaviour to something really different when under stress than what it is normally. Someone please help, if you know what I'm talking about.

But being bored is something I really don't understand. Never have been, not even when I was a child. There's always too much to do. Or is it because of my E/I that are almost equal?
    I remember specifically as a child, telling my parents that I was bored. of course they just told me to go and colour in books, or go outside and play. I don't know why I remember that so clearly, it must have been the first time I was ever bored or something . Certainly other types would get this just as much as ENTPians? I'm feeling half bored right now... I feel like building something...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ

Just need to say right here, that I love my ENTP with passion.

He was custom made 100% perfectly just for me.

S'cuse my egocentrism.

MBTI
    INFJ

Sorry... did i just miss the point of this discussion?

Mm. Nothing new there.

Anybody else find ENTPs distracting beyond functional levels?

Just curious.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Lowest Energy ENTPs: sp (self preservational).

Quote Originally Posted by Cozlet View Post
    Sorry... did i just miss the point of this discussion?
    Sure did

Quote Originally Posted by Cozlet View Post
    Anybody else find ENTPs distracting beyond functional levels?
    Huh?

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You can look at this by thinking about the differences between Ne and Se. A primary Se goes skydiving, if he is bored, but what should the primary Ne do ? It's not so easy with that one, to find something that caughts its intrest.

With the entp I think extroversion basically comes from the ability to be actually able to explain ones feelings to others, cause when talking with them for prolonged time, you have built a mutual bridge of understanding. And besides that with logic dominant over your emotions, it gives you the ability to see your feelings rationally, though 90% of them slip through your grasp and you first get to know of their existence through others, which are better at the shit.

I can relate to 90% of what you said. I have the same troubles with university lectures and I once did small game development aswell. Tried myself on the Irrlicht Engine and the Microsoft GDK.

The last 10% are: I hate boredom.
    Are you kidding? And what if the Se user doesn't have the money to go skydiving (a few hundred US dollars a jump)? Should they go for a run? No, the boredom sets in. Play basketball? The issue here assumes that there aren't others around. What's left? Break things! Not good..

A Ne user can keep themselves busy in their minds - having a goal and a vision, and hurling themselves towards it.

King-of-Despair, what do you want in life? Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20 years? Sounds like you've got some free time, so seize your chance to commence!
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't wanna sound like a smartass but these posts are from 2009
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------