• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What is the key to success?

What is the key to success in life?

• Persistance and hard work

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Determination and singlemindness

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Luck

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • intelligence

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • patience

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • people-skills

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • boldness

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Luck and intelligence are the only things I didn't pick. Although determination and single-mindedness aren't the same things, and I wouldn't pick single-mindedness necessarily.

Luck favors the prepared. Some people are truly lucky, but often what appears as 'luck' is actually the fruit of a great deal of labor.

Some degree of intelligence is necessary, however I don't think it's as important as many people believe.

You also forgot "Vision". How can you be successful if you don't have a vision of what success is?

I use the 3 "P" rule:
Planning. Perseverance. And some other thing that begins with "P".

Frank

All of the above and also the ability to apply what you learn and make adjustments as needed.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Primarily passion imo. You have to be motivated and then you gotta work hard and persistently at whatever it is you want to do.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Destroy your enemies and fill the power vacuum created by their absence.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
balls%20of%20steel%20hood%20sized%20copy.jpg

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
There is no key, because there is no lock.

Or... just figure out what you like to do, what you're good at, and what can earn income, and reconcile the three. If you're not good at anything, then go live out in the woods.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I voted "Determination and singlemindness" and "Boldness", and would have voted for "persistence" were it not tied to "hard work".

I think the single most important thing is "knowing what you want" though

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It was multiple choice, I chose them all.

It's SO easy to pull at a night club, IF you do this.

Go to the gym, even if it's before you leave to go to the club.

Hair removal - This is the cost of success, but it feels great after.
'Feel great in the skin you're in.'

Try and remain sober for as long as possible.

Be indiscriminate; flirt with EVERYTHING you want to and have fun.

Be the lone wolf, packs are for cock blocking mates/amigos.

Be careful not to rub guys off the wrong way when flirting with girls they're with.
(This is more of a personal safety issue).

Use Ice Breakers where you can, be yourself, and have a good time.

In fact, out of life, you don't really want much more than to feel good (gym & hair removal), have fun (for me it's guitar and music) and to enjoy a healthy sex life. You only get to live once.
.. Going to the club, making out with girls, being warned off by guys, having fried chicken with hot sauce after then taking a cab home. - and that's if you don't pull for the night.
It's still a good night out.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The option I had in mind wasn't on the list that was drawn up.

I think it just boils down to how bad you want something. The rest will just fall into place.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
I picked a couple of things, but the key to success is a very broad and subjective. Someone's key to success might be having a house in the woods and income where they can be alone. Someone's key is gaining knowledge. It doesn't have to be the typical "success" that everyone thinks. My thing of success would be dealing with physics and having a good viable income in which I do not have to work, but it works for me. I don't have to be no millionaire, but something I can easily move about.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Most useless is surely persistence and hard work. Most useful is talent aswell as luck, then boldness in order to make something "reality" (if you want / need / think it´s worth it).

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is a really good list up there but i am not so sure about boldness.

Lith

MBTI Type
ISTP
Success is pretty much anything other than getting up every morning to go to a shitty job that you hate because you're in debt and you have no choice.

Unfortunately the "system" doesn't make it easy for people to get out of that lower class rut, in fact its main purpose is to keep them there. The quickest way around it is to be aware of it. Once you start to recognize all the things that are in place specifically to make you accept your shitty lot in life, you can stop letting those things influence you. That's the first and most important prerequisite towards adopting a more successful mindset.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
Becoming a immortal vampire and have a bar called fangtasia and killing 3000 year old vampires are the sign of Success to me :D

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Imagination. Passion. Love.

Those are fundamental ingredients.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram