User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    entp

Default Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

movies that get the INTJs going. as an ENTP, i demand that this topic be answered with full honesty...cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them

-Ten things I hate about you
    -No Reservations

also, i figure it has to appeal to the Fi of every individual INTJ but what the hell...gotta start somewhere

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Titanic
    Schindler's List
    The Reader

There are some more movies, can't remember them though..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I haven't cried at any of the movies listed above.
    This:
    Wit (2001) (TV)
    Makes me cry like a baby, though.

Others that make me teary include:
    Doctor Zhivago (1965)
    Once (2006)
    Casablanca (1942)
    Lost in Translation (2003)
    Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
    Yeopgijeogin geunyeo (2001)
    Goyangileul butaghae (2001)

That's all that I can think of at this point. Movies don't usually make me cry, because I seldom am emotionally invested enough in a character after 2ish hours.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    That's all that I can think of at this point. Movies don't usually make me cry, because I seldom am emotionally invested enough in a character after 2ish hours.
    I was going to say, you guys have tear ducts?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is a good idea if you actually like INTJs. If you don't like them and just want to see if you can make them cry, it's probably fine, though.

For one thing, INTJs are intensely... personal creatures. Their feelings are somewhat quirky and they as individuals tend to react very differently to the same things, especially since you're dealing with Fi here. Fi is like nitroglycerin, volatile and unpredictable.

Also, INTJs hate being manipulated, and they're very good at figuring out when someone is doing it to them, even if only in a small way. If you find a weakness, you can get an INTJ to open up to you. The thing is, if they weren't ready to open up, they'll become very shy and defensive, and might well take pains to distance themselves from you afterwards. Mostly because they're extremely vulnerable at that point, and they really, really don't like that feeling if it's brought on them by an external situation rather than their own volition.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    movies that get the INTJs going. as an ENTP, i demand that this topic be answered with full honesty...cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them
    Then wouldn't you do better with movies that make them laugh?

Or are you one a them soul vampires?

*checks type tag, ah, yes, ENTP*

INFJs will get hot after a cry-fest vid. INTJs, not so much. Make em laugh.

And for the record, I tear up near the end of The Last Mohican, the sequence on the cliff path, but it's not getting me into bed with an ENTP.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Then wouldn't you do better with movies that make them laugh
    dont need movies for that

i want a relationship with the one im after. getting in bed is not exactly a problem...or a need at this point

it was crazy the way she opened up this past weekend...making up for all the time shes been not so open and somewhat distant...not a lot going in the feeling connection area though...or maybe it is, but its not expressed outwardly too much...only implied

implications only get so far and they are REAAAALLLY slow

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is a good idea if you actually like INTJs. If you don't like them and just want to see if you can make them cry, it's probably fine, though.

For one thing, INTJs are intensely... personal creatures. Their feelings are somewhat quirky and they as individuals tend to react very differently to the same things, especially since you're dealing with Fi here. Fi is like nitroglycerin, volatile and unpredictable.

Also, INTJs hate being manipulated, and they're very good at figuring out when someone is doing it to them, even if only in a small way. If you find a weakness, you can get an INTJ to open up to you. The thing is, if they weren't ready to open up, they'll become very shy and defensive, and might well take pains to distance themselves from you afterwards. Mostly because they're extremely vulnerable at that point, and they really, really don't like that feeling if it's brought on them by an external situation rather than their own volition.
    soo true...nah...im not playing games with her...just a step towards finding out what would be her kind of movies

MBTI
    INTJ

Interesting.

How come the instinct to try looking for reaction to symbols of sadness?

Movies, or stories or things, that make people cry are cathartic, aren't they? You'd like to see what she values? Or see where she finds, um,... truth?

I actually think it might be true that INFJs are drawn to sadness while INTJs are drawn to happiness. (That INFJs sorta enjoy the sad is in the type descriptions somewhere, but nobody said nothing about what INTJs seek out. The absurd, maybe?)

MBTI
    entp

absurd (or different) would make sense

why sadness? not sadness in particular...just any type of freaking emotion...sadness is the one that people least know how to handle the so i guess i went for that one.

also, sharing something like emotions (which are on a freaking pedestal 100 ft under the ground) with me should prolly give her (and me) a more trusting attitude bringing us closer

in OP, i said 'sobbing'. relating to the movie would have been a more accurate description