• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I wonder if any of you has seen Bloody Sunday?
That put me to tears. I do not indulge in tears. I fairly dislike it.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Very few movies will get me tearing. I almost always keep my composure except for one movie...

Life is Beautiful.

Great musical score, humourous, sad, touching, romantic, semi-realistic, and a masterpeice. I can almost get through the whole movie until Guido gets shot. Then I sob. Stupid Fi.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not a bad idea lol

i think we are close enough that she wont get all shy on me

I get really shy irl when people ask me which movies I love. But I may be an exception. I get shy about virtually anything personal.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I get really shy irl when people ask me which movies I love. But I may be an exception. I get shy about virtually anything personal.

as exceptional as any other girl INTJ ive ever met...though they (you?) seem to open up (you really have to work at it sometimes) after you are clear of someone's intentions

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as exceptional as any other girl INTJ ive ever met...though they (you?) seem to open up (you really have to work at it sometimes) after you are clear of someone's intentions

Indeed. But the "opening up" only comes in a specific way because of a specific situation to a specific person, and doesn't make it any less uncomfortable. I don't recall ever talking about a movie that I really loved and related to IRL... Not even in general.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
I saw Wicked and the end made me cry...I was fine until Glinda started crying. not that it was a movie but only fictional thing I've EVER cried over. I didn't cry over Titanic, didn't cry over Moulin Rouge, then I cry over the Witch Of The West being melted...then I was laughing at the irony.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was 50-50 on that. I was actually going to paste it in. But I don't recall getting teary-eyed. It was touching and moving, and I loved/connected to it on many levels... But no crying. Strange.

I was startled that you brought that specific movie up. Now I feel completely transparent. :doh:

:devil:

A movie like that, that is so well-crafted, and moves at a glacial pace and still captivates me is a rare one.

Besides, we discussed it back in the day!

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Titanic, United 93, World Trade Center, ....

Basically, any true story that is sad about human.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I cried during the Titanic too, different kind of tears, same result.

...3 hours, why?!? :cry:

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Athenian200 said:
I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is a good idea if you actually like INTJs. If you don't like them and just want to see if you can make them cry, it's probably fine, though.

For one thing, INTJs are intensely... personal creatures. Their feelings are somewhat quirky and they as individuals tend to react very differently to the same things, especially since you're dealing with Fi here. Fi is like nitroglycerin, volatile and unpredictable.

Also, INTJs hate being manipulated, and they're very good at figuring out when someone is doing it to them, even if only in a small way. If you find a weakness, you can get an INTJ to open up to you. The thing is, if they weren't ready to open up, they'll become very shy and defensive, and might well take pains to distance themselves from you afterwards. Mostly because they're extremely vulnerable at that point, and they really, really don't like that feeling if it's brought on them by an external situation rather than their own volition.

ITA...even the NT with the strongest personality can shy away from you if you try to pinpoint a certain emotion you expect them to feel and try to wa- lk them into going by it. I had several people tell me that my I.Q wasn't bad and that I had almost a startling good memory for remembering details and retaining information and applying it so naturally I had to learn to protect my- self emotionally.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Oh and I agree that we're attracted to happiness more than sadness. ENPs over tormented INPs in that department so to speak.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then you really, really don't need to be in a relationship with an INTJ. They're the sort of people who rely on implied emotion rather than expressed emotion.

Seriously, I personally believe that the only people INTJs should ever open up to, are other INTJs and INFPs. When an INTJ opens up to me... I'm the one that's overwhelmed. They're too sensitive in ways I can't understand, especially since their emotions are so unique and personal to them, and thus don't appear on my Fe map.

Not only that, but depending on how long I knew them before, I might have to get over my resentment at realizing that even though I looked up to them for their strength, they're really so much weaker than me. Trying to accept that their show of strength was nothing but a paper tiger.

Essentially, I don't think FJs or TPs have the right kind of awareness or sensitivity to handle an INTJs emotions properly, and will likely just scar the poor creature.

That's because it takes *strength* to *let go* and show your feelings.

Me, I'm just like "(bawling) Hey, mind if I use your shirt?" LOL j/k I usually try to contain myself and just cry more. Now I don't even try to hide it. I just cry.

My INTJ husband looks at me, puzzled, and says, "Um, I'm still here, you know." HAHAHAHA :D Gotta love those guys.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
That's because it takes *strength* to *let go* and show your feelings.

Not always a question of strength.

Besides, we're talking about movies, aren't we?

As an aside, there are often better ways to display empathetic resolve than to simply implode in tears...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not always a question of strength.

Besides, we're talking about movies, aren't we?

As an aside, there are often better ways to display empathetic resolve than to simply implode in tears...

I was speaking in general. *sigh*

Why would you need to show empathetic resolve? We're talking about movies, aren't we?