User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    as exceptional as any other girl INTJ ive ever met...though they (you?) seem to open up (you really have to work at it sometimes) after you are clear of someone's intentions
    Indeed. But the "opening up" only comes in a specific way because of a specific situation to a specific person, and doesn't make it any less uncomfortable. I don't recall ever talking about a movie that I really loved and related to IRL... Not even in general.

MBTI
    XNTJ

I saw Wicked and the end made me cry...I was fine until Glinda started crying. not that it was a movie but only fictional thing I've EVER cried over. I didn't cry over Titanic, didn't cry over Moulin Rouge, then I cry over the Witch Of The West being melted...then I was laughing at the irony.
    you have all the power you need if you dare to look
    for it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I was 50-50 on that. I was actually going to paste it in. But I don't recall getting teary-eyed. It was touching and moving, and I loved/connected to it on many levels... But no crying. Strange.

I was startled that you brought that specific movie up. Now I feel completely transparent.

A movie like that, that is so well-crafted, and moves at a glacial pace and still captivates me is a rare one.

Besides, we discussed it back in the day!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Titanic, United 93, World Trade Center, ....

Basically, any true story that is sad about human.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I cried during the Titanic too, different kind of tears, same result.

...3 hours, why?!?

MBTI
    XNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is a good idea if you actually like INTJs. If you don't like them and just want to see if you can make them cry, it's probably fine, though.

For one thing, INTJs are intensely... personal creatures. Their feelings are somewhat quirky and they as individuals tend to react very differently to the same things, especially since you're dealing with Fi here. Fi is like nitroglycerin, volatile and unpredictable.

Also, INTJs hate being manipulated, and they're very good at figuring out when someone is doing it to them, even if only in a small way. If you find a weakness, you can get an INTJ to open up to you. The thing is, if they weren't ready to open up, they'll become very shy and defensive, and might well take pains to distance themselves from you afterwards. Mostly because they're extremely vulnerable at that point, and they really, really don't like that feeling if it's brought on them by an external situation rather than their own volition.
    ITA...even the NT with the strongest personality can shy away from you if you try to pinpoint a certain emotion you expect them to feel and try to wa- lk them into going by it. I had several people tell me that my I.Q wasn't bad and that I had almost a startling good memory for remembering details and retaining information and applying it so naturally I had to learn to protect my- self emotionally.
    you have all the power you need if you dare to look
    for it.

MBTI
    nnnn

Oh and I agree that we're attracted to happiness more than sadness. ENPs over tormented INPs in that department so to speak.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Then you really, really don't need to be in a relationship with an INTJ. They're the sort of people who rely on implied emotion rather than expressed emotion.

Seriously, I personally believe that the only people INTJs should ever open up to, are other INTJs and INFPs. When an INTJ opens up to me... I'm the one that's overwhelmed. They're too sensitive in ways I can't understand, especially since their emotions are so unique and personal to them, and thus don't appear on my Fe map.

Not only that, but depending on how long I knew them before, I might have to get over my resentment at realizing that even though I looked up to them for their strength, they're really so much weaker than me. Trying to accept that their show of strength was nothing but a paper tiger.

Essentially, I don't think FJs or TPs have the right kind of awareness or sensitivity to handle an INTJs emotions properly, and will likely just scar the poor creature.
    That's because it takes *strength* to *let go* and show your feelings.

Me, I'm just like "(bawling) Hey, mind if I use your shirt?" LOL j/k I usually try to contain myself and just cry more. Now I don't even try to hide it. I just cry.

My INTJ husband looks at me, puzzled, and says, "Um, I'm still here, you know." HAHAHAHA Gotta love those guys.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    That's because it takes *strength* to *let go* and show your feelings.

Not always a question of strength.

Besides, we're talking about movies, aren't we?

As an aside, there are often better ways to display empathetic resolve than to simply implode in tears...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Not always a question of strength.

Besides, we're talking about movies, aren't we?

As an aside, there are often better ways to display empathetic resolve than to simply implode in tears...
    I was speaking in general. *sigh*

Why would you need to show empathetic resolve? We're talking about movies, aren't we?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.