• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter what your built to do, only how well you can do that and everything else

That scheme doesn't sound very grand.

A grand scheme would include menials.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Exactly my point. I didn't mean that it would be fine with the INTJ if he was just doing it to make them cry. Just that, in that scenario, he'd probably only care about data collection (which he would be able to do in that way) and not the INTJ.

I phrased it that way, because I tend to suspect xNTPs of being the sort of people who would do an experiment like that.

Oh I knew you meant that. I was just adding my feelings on it. Wait. I would be gone. To find a large, blunt object. Then we'll see who cries more.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
That scheme doesn't sound very grand.

A grand scheme would include menials.

but then thats life, isnt it...

menials tho? sounds a bit harsh. i meant that life can serve anyone anything anytime regardless of how good you might be at dealing with (or making use of) it

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
really????

I've seen my INTJ cousin get worked up on:

Sophie's Choice
Dancer in the Dark (that always gets me, too)
Turtles Can Fly
Life is Beautiful
My Girl
Powder

yeah...well not cry per se, but something to advance the relationship forward

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I cried during ALIEN when that bitch Ripley threw him out of the airlock.

Even after he was all by himself in outer space, he still struggled to survive.
What a brave little soul.

(wipes a tear)

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Far and Away
V for Vendetta

Just noticed that all three of these have strong women characters

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Fountain

Not because of sadness, but because it's a visually beautiful movie and the ending was a very powerful mix of a brilliant soundtrack and stunning visuals.

And I could never dream of shedding a tear in front of anyone because of a movie. The only reason I shed one during The Fountain was because I was all alone and 100% into the movie.

I'm quite taken aback here, because I had a completely opposite reaction.

When I saw that movie, I was infuriated by the fact that the director was too busy jerking off his overinflated sense of artistic genius, instead of trying to tell a coherent story.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Umm.

Big Fish.

Then again I was about 12 when I saw it, so eh.

INTJs aren't really drawn to sadness. I recommend something funny if you want a date movie, like Dr. Strangelove or something.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I tear up at pretty much everything and the most ridiculous of scenes in movies... :dry:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tear up at pretty much everything and the most ridiculous of scenes in movies... :dry:

That's because you're not an INTJ. ;) This pretty much proves it. Seriously, no one buys you playing INTJ. I know the xNFPs embarrass us with their "logic" sometimes, but don't you think this solution is a little extreme? They're a little annoying, but they're not THAT bad.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Eh.

Unless you want ironic sobbing, you'd be hard-pressed to find a movie that's going to bring me to tears.

I cried once as a kid after watching King Kong die. Stupid humans.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them

Please elaborate? And by that I mean: Please sing our praises! :D We're not exactly everyone's cup of tea.

(On-topic: I would've recommended 10 Things I Hate About You, especially now that Heath Ledger is dead. :cry:)

Qre:us

And for the record, I tear up near the end of The Last Mohican, the sequence on the cliff path, but it's not getting me into bed with an ENTP.

We're not picky....against a cliff is just fine as well.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Please elaborate? And by that I mean: Please sing our praises! :D We're not exactly everyone's cup of tea.

(On-topic: I would've recommended 10 Things I Hate About You, especially now that Heath Ledger is dead. :cry:)

lol...no but you do have a soft inner core. getting to that core is a bitch but i can only imagine what that must be like. i think people give up on your lot too easily....and you think of it as good riddance and dont bother with them...unless they are ENTPs :devil:

10 things appeals to your Fi eh? what else!

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
lol...no but you do have a soft inner core. getting to that core is a bitch but i can only imagine what that must be like. i think people give up on your lot too easily....

How do you know, if you haven't tried it? For the record, I'm not in denial about my wildly vulnerable inner core (see my post in this thread for proof), merely curious about your remarkably focused interest. :)

and you think of it as good riddance and dont bother with them...unless they are ENTPs :devil:

10 things appeals to your Fi eh? what else!

I was about to reply, but then I got distracted by the good point you unwittingly just raised: What ENTP worth his salt needs a movie to seduce someone, anyway? :thelook:

The Quick & Dirty Guide to the NT Male & Sex

INTJ: Still has not figured out a logical reason for the penis. What is the point of all that disgusting copulation?

ENTJ: Wildly overconfident they know exactly what to do. The woman will finish the job later, alone.

INTP: Knows what do - seen the pictures, watched the videos, built a working model. Now to talk to a real girl...

ENTP: Just fucked your sister.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This reminds me of when I'd constantly talk about the heat in the freezer. It's nice when you're trusted with it, but there's a responsability with that trust.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I tear up at nearly every film, it's the music and the Fi. I might not feel comfortable to indulge myself in it when I'm with a romantic person I don't know too well yet, though.

Say no to manipulation, though.

The last time I really cried was when I watched this:

The woman works in a hospital and had grown closer to the executee while he was stigmatised by the other doctors (including her boyfriend, who eventually waits for her outside of prison), she had been trying to understand him and he wanted to donate an organ to a dying kid so he could meaningfully escape the execution (for this, he needed to die, which she facilitated)...this didn't work because the other doctors wouldn't allow him that kind of mercy and saved his life (irony). This clip shows her taking her connection to the next level by being the only friendly face at the criminal's execution. In the end the boy that was supposed to get the criminal's organ, but then got a "normal" one lives and the woman reconciles with her best friend after a long passive-aggressive war...and with her bf. The part when she talks to the bf...I could have said it myself, I would definitely be the person to get fascinated by the serial killer. This is how I know I'm Fi. ;)

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy - s5e13 Stairway To Heaven End - William's Execution

Also, why are tears automatically connected to sadness. In my case they are most often a sign of being emotionally touched, not of being sad per se.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
How do you know, if you haven't tried it? For the record, I'm not in denial about my wildly vulnerable inner core (see my post in this thread for proof), merely curious about your remarkably focused interest. :)

oh...i know...trust me, i know. im not saying you in particular but the entire INTJ crowd.

I was about to reply, but then I got distracted by the good point you unwittingly just raised: What ENTP worth his salt needs a movie to seduce someone, anyway? :thelook:

lol...i really dont wanna say anything but im new round these parts so..."been there, done that"...happy?

i dunno...even clubbing has lost its appeal for the most part...now i go, im usually a wingman for my buddies...thats not to say i used to pick up chicks at clubs a lot, but i did use to have a lot of fun till i stopped going

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't cried at any of the movies listed above.
This:
Wit (2001) (TV)
Makes me cry like a baby, though.

Others that make me teary include:
Doctor Zhivago (1965)
Once (2006)
Casablanca (1942)
Lost in Translation (2003)
Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
Yeopgijeogin geunyeo (2001)
Goyangileul butaghae (2001)

That's all that I can think of at this point. Movies don't usually make me cry, because I seldom am emotionally invested enough in a character after 2ish hours.
No Fa yeung nin wa?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No Fa yeung nin wa?

I was 50-50 on that. I was actually going to paste it in. But I don't recall getting teary-eyed. It was touching and moving, and I loved/connected to it on many levels... But no crying. Strange.

I was startled that you brought that specific movie up. Now I feel completely transparent. :doh: