User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    Is it really true that INTJs have the most regrets in life? ...
    I've never heard or read that.
    As an INTJ, it's one of my goals in life to make sure I never have any regrets.
    I hate having regrets, so I avoid them at all costs.
    And I suppose I have a few concerning my marriage, and maybe my children,
    but I did the best I could at the time, so there's no sense in beating myself up over that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I've never heard of INTJs having the most regrets either. It seems to me that what happens has happened and there's really little use beating yourself up about it besides for a bit of catharsis unless that self-flagellation will help with your invention of a time machine.

I have however heard that INTJs are one of the types that's most likely to seem unhappy when they really aren't. Perhaps that's what you're mistaking it for?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

I have however heard that INTJs are one of the types that's most likely to seem unhappy when they really aren't. Perhaps that's what you're mistaking it for?
    Yeap that was my frst thought when I came across the question.

Which is because I and T make you reserved, cold and distant what Es often see as depression.

N can greatly help in making you look lost and J can often be interpreted as a denial.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    i did consider that...i've been told by some INTJs that they have issues...in that randomly tears started leaking when they are by themselves in their 'safe areas' like their rooms

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, maybe they're wounded INTJs then. I don't really think that typifies all of us. I'm a girl INTJ, I come from an extremely emotional family, and I still almost never cry... I'm a robot! I think healthy INTJs are happy in our own way and we don't have a lot of regrets. We have too much T and J to wallow...most of the time.

MBTI
    INTJ

I assume that that ThisGuy is referring to the sometimes weak connection between planning and doing that one can not too infrequently see in an INTJ, especially perhaps when the INTJ is moving into areas that are outside his usual competency. Where thinking things over does not always lead to action, and sometimes even a weak sense of ability to act alters what will be planned. Thus, theoretically, regrets and missed opportunities.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    Is it really true that INTJs have the most regrets in life? I'd think that would be INFPs or other introspective emotional types. I rarely regret things because I've always been in tune with myself very well. I think I'm slow to adapt at times, but I don't regret that. I know I needed to go through what I did to become who I am today. Besides the J in me doesn't allow me to second-guess myself or my decisions much. I'm happy with what I am. Is that just me and not INTJs in general? Regret and guilt just don't work on me that well.
    What you said...I'm very good at turning negatives into positives or opportunities.

IME male INTJs are a bit more prone to regret.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I assume that that ThisGuy is referring to the sometimes weak connection between planning and doing that one can not too infrequently see in an INTJ, especially perhaps when the INTJ is moving into areas that are outside his usual competency. Where thinking things over does not always lead to action, and sometimes even a weak sense of ability to act alters what will be planned. Thus, theoretically, regrets and missed opportunities.
    mmm...finally something thats new...would explain a few things

time for me to go thinker on all y'all

MBTI
    INTJ

You know, however, of course, that as ENP, your role isn't to break down the poor sucker INJs, right? But maybe only if they've got a T on their J, I guess.

Dude, we don't do Fe. If you want to start digging in with the probes and the pushing, and eliciting feeling, best you'll do is turn the INTJ inward. Not outward. Not looking back at you.

It's a frailty, sure, but hello Joy Division.

MBTI
    entp

But maybe only if they've got a T on their J, I guess.
    say what

Dude, we don't do Fe. If you want to start digging in with the probes and the pushing, and eliciting feeling, best you'll do is turn the INTJ inward. Not outward. Not looking back at you.

It's a frailty, sure, but hello Joy Division.

i was just thinking that...appealing to the Fi

im not as much probing as i want understand her...i can somewhat predict her actions but not completely honed in on the intent yet...theres nothing in our convos that i can decidedly identify with a positive or negative on the romantic scale (well not quite true, but its vague)...so i turn to my Ne and when that sucker goes crazy trying to figure out her intentions