User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

well whatever....INTJs in general miss out on life a bit too much
    In general, if an extrovert speaks of missing out of life to an introvert you'll draw their ire. I think it's something about being constantly told to "come out of our shells" and being constantly forced out into the bright world outside when we'd rather curl up with a book in the cool dark basement. If you hadn't quantified yourself with "a bit" you might have irked me a little more.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by porous_shield View Post
    In general, if an extrovert speaks of missing out of life to an introvert you'll draw their ire. I think it's something about being constantly told to "come out of our shells" and being constantly forced out into the bright world outside when we'd rather curl up with a book in the cool dark basement. If you hadn't quantified yourself with "a bit" you might have irked me a little more.
    draw whatever you want, ill look at it how i want to...beauty does lie in the eye of the beholder, after all

im glad you realize that my main purpose in life is to irk you. that established, now you can buzz along and not feel irked at all...you know, since you understand my motivations so well

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    movies that get the INTJs going. as an ENTP, i demand that this topic be answered with full honesty...cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them

-Ten things I hate about you
    -No Reservations

also, i figure it has to appeal to the Fi of every individual INTJ but what the hell...gotta start somewhere
    Hmm... sobbing?
    That always catches me off guard... and I don't cry in front of my family now because it makes them uncomfortable so they make fun of me and tell me to stop. But basically any time I see someone else cry in a movie or on tv, it might make me cry.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Eh.

I think you're conflating terminology. At the risk of soapboxing, I'll summarize an easy counterpoint:

It's not incumbent on the INTJ to domesticate what he finds personally gratifying against popular social mores, just as it isn't prudent for the ENTP to necessarily presume that his approach will be adopted by anyone other than him - even within his type. Actually, intra-typal friction is often an enthusiastic response to the wide-arching conformism of the MBTI. Individuality is far more relevant than type.

What one finds meaningful doesn't have to be a universal characteristic for it to have gravity.
    actually ENTP doesn't really care who adopts his his approach..if it gets adopted, thats cool. if it doesn't, well thats fine too...maybe theres a better way

and yeah...the people who think of type first and the individual second are in the minority

i come to my conclusions because INTJ seem to have the most regrets in life....call it missed opportunities...and rather than do something to about-face it, they seem to accept it and live with it...even if it kills them

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Is it really missing if you don't miss it?
    it is if you realize it and view it with both contempt and desire

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I just hope that you undersatnd how subjective this claim is.

We are so uninterested exactly because we have too much on our minds so we don't bother that much with things in our socilal environment.
    INTJs are quite alive actually, it is just that we are alive in a different way.
    too much on your minds? who doesnt

sounds awfully like an excuse...or im missing something

Based on your answers in this topic, I don't really think an INTJ girl would be an ideal partner for you.

... well, unless you're very good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    sounds awfully like an excuse...or im missing something
    The latter. Or at least you have very different concepts about "missing out on life".

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Based on your answers in this topic, I don't really think an INTJ girl would be an ideal partner for you.

... well, unless you're very good looking.

haha...no, not really

but please do explain..my responses are usually purposefully directed...may cause you to miss the forest for the trees

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

A movie to break an INTJ: A stupid person survives, yet all the smart people are killed at random in accidents. Or, a movie where a man is about to structure a new computer system, but just as he presses the upload key, his computer explodes, killing him and his life's work.

MBTI
    INTJ

Is it really true that INTJs have the most regrets in life? I'd think that would be INFPs or other introspective emotional types. I rarely regret things because I've always been in tune with myself very well. I think I'm slow to adapt at times, but I don't regret that. I know I needed to go through what I did to become who I am today. Besides the J in me doesn't allow me to second-guess myself or my decisions much. I'm happy with what I am. Is that just me and not INTJs in general? Regret and guilt just don't work on me that well.

Anyway, to answer the thread question, I have to say that I've never, ever sobbed in a movie, not even as a kid. Sobbing is something I do every couple of years (usually due to sleep deprivation). Movies that make me a little teary-eyed are usually about a kid or an animal or a person with lots of potential who dies. Bridge to Terabithia, A Walk to Remember (when I was 12), The Incredible Journey...