User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 142

  1. #101
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    You are right I said that and I mean what I said.
    Ah, so I wasn't imagining things, cool. Na, connection to a person, a thing, an action, tends to bring about some kind of emotional response. It just depends on what type of connection it is, how much of a connection it is and how much you allow yourself to react to a situation involving the object of that connection.

    As for being able to function socially, I commented to an INTJ once that he seemed quite friendly; his response was that it was a "recent developent" - he was 31 at the time.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #102
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    As for being able to function socially, I commented to an INTJ once that he seemed quite friendly; his response was that it was a "recent developent" - he was 31 at the time.
    I don't understand - is this a joke about his age?

  3. #103
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    When I was little, I had a favourite story about a bird (I remember the colours and the way it was drawn...the birds were round-ish, colours, purple-pine greens and yellow-orange-browns)...something happened to the little bird in the story (maybe his mother died, I don't remember) and then it probably had a fairly happy end. My mother keeps telling me about how I would ask her to read it to me over and over again even though I would feel extremely sad and started crying because the little bird was sad every time at the same moment in the story. I would literally have her read it to me three times in a row and I'd cry heartwrenched tears three times. And then more the next day.

    A little Fi bird. I guess I enjoyed feeling and empathising with the little bird and seeing how he was sad and then got happy again. I'm good at this personal, slightly ethereal, abstractish Fi-stuff, but not with interpersonal applications of it.

  4. #104
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Some do.

    Some don't.
    Most of them do, but again, most of them are prideful creatures. They would never let you see.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I don't understand - is this a joke about his age?
    i think the implication was that it took 31 years for that person to realize his shortcomings and correct them

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Most of them do, but again, most of them are prideful creatures. They would never let you see.
    agreed...and yet they INTJs are supposed to have the most self-confidence of all types....how the hell

  7. #107
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    To function, we don't require doubt. To feel, we don't require other people, just good action of our own. We aren't awesome. Awesome is us.

    If you really want to see an INTJ cry an honest tear, represent to her an example of someone who chooses a conviction and acts upon it, and gains the strength to act by knowing that he intends to change everything that stands before him, and not because he seeks chaos, but because what is true is true.

  8. #108
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    If you really want to see an INTJ cry an honest tear, represent to her an example of someone who chooses a conviction and acts upon it, and gains the strength to act by knowing that he intends to change everything that stands before him, and not because he seeks chaos, but because what is true is true.
    Sounds like the storyline in your typical RPG or anime series.

    It sounds too idealistic, passionate, and positive for an NT at first glance, but I suppose I can buy it with the whole tertiary Fi thing.

    That sort of thing would probably inspire me to cheering them on rather than crying, though. Probably an Fe vs. Fi thing...

  9. #109
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Sounds like the storyline in your typical RPG or anime series.

    It sounds too idealistic, passionate, and positive for an NT at first glance[...]
    Yep. Thus the tear.

    I will, therefore I am.



    Grand battles of right and wrong are good. Struggles with doubt are tiresome. Action with a purpose is... mundane. But becoming one's conviction... now that's fun!

    I suppose the one hiccup is that one could be wrong. But that's the beauty part of the T. Not being wrong. The ideal holds that when the conviction is chosen, it's not because of choice, but because of clarity, honesty and truth. The conviction is what must be.

    That's the virtue I suppose of the relatively unsophisticated Fi.

  10. #110
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Yep. Thus the tear.
    The fact that it doesn't seem to make any sense... makes it more moving?

    I will, therefore I am.
    Don't you mean, "I think, therefore I am"? What you just said seems a little... well, impossible. Will is just another force that can contribute to an outcome, it doesn't make sense to attribute more power or meaning to it than to the other forces at work in a given situation. Does it?
    Grand battles of right and wrong are good. Struggles with doubt are tiresome. Action with a purpose is... mundane. But becoming one's conviction... now that's fun!
    Yeah, I'd pretty much agree... there's something powerful and inspiring in the idea of someone becoming their own conviction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I suppose the one hiccup is that one could be wrong. But that's the beauty part of the T. Not being wrong. The ideal holds that when the conviction is chosen, it's not because of choice, but because of clarity, honesty and truth. The conviction is what must be.

    That's the virtue I suppose of the relatively unsophisticated Fi.
    It definitely seems like they're certain that this must be true because of their convictions, anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Movies that you didn't like the first time you watched them but ...
    By PeaceBaby in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 04:24 PM
  2. The 'Non-Disney animated movies that everyone mistakes for Disney' Types
    By Amethyst in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM
  3. Movies That Belong in the Redbox
    By PeaceBaby in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
  4. Ask an INTJ... get the RIGHT answer
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
  5. [INTJ] General Impressions of the INTJ
    By Night in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO