• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Which NT boss would you rather have.

Which NT boss would you rather have

• ENTP

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 22 21.2%

• Total voters

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Pfff, at least women only suffer those crazy moments occasionally...you guys on the other hand don't come with an off-button hormonally speaking :alttongue:

Strangely enough, girls usually don't complain about that last bit:laugh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, most women sure Amar, but some are permanently crazy, just like us men though. :p

And I sure hope not everyone is gonna miss the best pun I made today. Maybe I should've hinted more.. Even though it's quite out in the open already. Cleverly put in a supposedly serious post.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strangely enough, girls usually don't complain about that last bit:laugh:

There's no point, besides, we're so used to it by now :cry:

Hmm, most women sure Amar, but some are permanently crazy, just like us men though. :p

And I sure hope not everyone is gonna miss the best pun I made today. Maybe I should've hinted more.. Even though it's quite out in the open already. Cleverly put in a supposedly serious post.

Sweety, I'm waiting for Eck to comment on that, so I purposefully ignored it. No offense, as good as it was...it's a cliche remark to make as well :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh well, thought it was good anyhow. :p

Qre:us

If I had to have a boss, I would probably pick an INTP because they're basically invisible in leadership roles. In essence, it would allow me to continue to be my own boss. I could probably handle an ENTP partner, but definitely not an ENTP boss. I love brainstorming with ENTPs, as they have wonderful insights. Unfortunately, they make shitty line-leaders when left entirely to their own devices. They have great plans but the execution is, sadly, another story. I like working with INTJs as well, but I think they make better mentors than bosses.

See, speaking for myself, if and when I think it's worth giving a shit about, I have contingencies for contingencies up the wazzoo. Because I'm fairly good at predicting quite a few outcomes, that when I'm in 'leadership' mode, it's a zone. Details actually are something I focus on then, greatly. And, I can juggle many compartments of a task, and keep them going at once, without one lagging behind, AND, know and keep track of, particulars of each component. All this makes for a pretty good execution.

The only problem.....I rarely like being in the leadership role. Mainly BECAUSE I get like ^, which, for me just sucks the fun out of it, and makes me feel all old and responsible.....
...but, doesn't mean that when I set my mind to do, I can't.

For one project, with myself and my ENTJ friend leading, she had way more uncertainty, panics, over things that just popped up, which I had to smooth out. Cuz unlike the ENTJ, my main advantage is being able to juggle more than one thing, and do it well.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I can totally relate to that Qre:us. And if business wasn't profitable, I wouldn't be in a leadership position myself at all.

It actually reflects on oh so many things for me. For example, becoming a forum moderator (has happened a few times on forums, really, I'm not kidding.) suddenly puts me sort of in that responsibility mode. It's like my personality changes. The same happens when I start at work in the morning, and the transition back after work is just as seemless. (Or however many times I start or stop working in a day.)

I become responsible, I put my mind to it, I execute it well. It's technically not NTP like at all. But it's like we have this mode built in, whenever responsibility comes into the play.

So I don't think saying NTP's are not capable of execution therefor wouldn't want them as a boss is a worthy arguement. As they are totally capable of execution, if they deem it important enough. And are responsible enough.

By the way, no worries, should for some wacky reason my name ever come up for moderation, I'm not interested in leadership positions outside of work, in any form. And I would decline, for this particular reason. :D

juggernaut

Permabanned
See, speaking for myself, if and when I think it's worth giving a shit about, I have contingencies for contingencies up the wazzoo. Because I'm fairly good at predicting quite a few outcomes, that when I'm in 'leadership' mode, it's a zone. Details actually are something I focus on then, greatly. And, I can juggle many compartments of a task, and keep them going at once, without one lagging behind, AND, know and keep track of, particulars of each component. All this makes for a pretty good execution.

The only problem.....I rarely like being in the leadership role. Mainly BECAUSE I get like ^, which, for me just sucks the fun out of it, and makes me feel all old and responsible.....
...but, doesn't mean that when I set my mind to do, I can't.

For one project, with myself and my ENTJ friend leading, she had way more uncertainty, panics, over things that just popped up, which I had to smooth out. Cuz unlike the ENTJ, my main advantage is being able to juggle more than one thing, and do it well.

You sound like you would make an excellent boss (I mean that sincerely). :) I can only go by the experiences I've had thus far with the ENTPs I've had the honor of working with. They've been great at figuring out different angles, but not too good at seeing things through to completion. I've essentially come to expect that I will be the one left holding the bag when working along side an ENTP, which is fine with me. I don't think I've ever panicked over anything in my life, but I have lost patience. The point you raised about multi-tasking is probably fair, but I don't have any problem delegating so it hasn't gotten in my way.

Like you, I have absolutely no desire to be in a leadership position. Unfortunately I do have a very strong need/desire to "rule" my own life so I occasionally get stuck there whether I like it or not.

Thanks! (prepares Juggernaut to have her opinion of me changed...in 3, 2....ONE)

They've been great at figuring out different angles, but not too good at seeing things through to completion. I've essentially come to expect that I will be the one left holding the bag when working along side an ENTP, which is fine with me.

*snicker* Um...you should take that as a compliment. See, if my ass is on the line, my *last* resort is doing the shyte myself, but..........
...ahem...

if I can find a person, whose competency I trust....yeah, I'd bounce faster than they knew they were left holding the bag. :D

** not completely, but, there has been cases.....unless my Fe-guilt kicks in. Or, I really like/care of the project and/or person. It's all about a battle with my boredom.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yep, another ENTJ vote here. I actually strongly prefer Js to Ps when it comes to being led - is that weird? So I went with ENTJ because INTJs feel mysterious to me, sometimes, and I'd rather not be guessing at what they want from me.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJs feel mysterious to me, sometimes, and I'd rather not be guessing at what they want from me.

Yes, I'd say the same of any introverted type - people need to know clearly what's expected and why, and respond generally better to a boss that's more open and personable. Regardless of how clear they think they are, I seldom find an introvert that doesn't force you to ask things that really, they ought to have told you.

Jaguar

If your ENTJ girlie friend choked on a project,
all ENTJs must choke on all projects.

That's "logical."

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Yep, another ENTJ vote here. I actually strongly prefer Js to Ps when it comes to being led - is that weird? So I went with ENTJ because INTJs feel mysterious to me, sometimes, and I'd rather not be guessing at what they want from me.

I assure you, you wouldn't be left guessing if it was my project. ;)

Asshole yes, mysterious no.

That's "logical."

If you take my anecdotal story to be a generalization towards ALL ENTJs...

that's ILLOGICAL. (note the lack of quotes)

Btw, shouldn't your main point be, "ENTJ" in quotes? With your views on MBTI and all?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

That's "logical."

If one star has enough mass to collapse into a singularity.. every star has enough mass to collapse into a singularity.

If I have a mass, everything has a mass: meaning every photon has infinite mass.

If You didn't make cheap inferences and confuse them with deductions, we wouldn't be having this talk.

:rolli:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
*high fives Qre:us*

:alttongue:

:cheers:

I don't wanna generalize to all ENTPs, but, you're pretty awsome!

Lesson 101: difference between inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning. :D