• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Which NT boss would you rather have.

Which NT boss would you rather have

• ENTP

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 22 21.2%

• Total voters

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
INTP's are doing better than I expected in this poll

(based on the overall opinion about INTP's on this forum. I know it works for me as I have plenty of happy employers. :p)

I wouldn't mind working for an INTP, as long as he/she can get to the point and be concise. Start off with the big picture and I'll ask for details. Start off with the details and I will drift off into space, imagining your slow painful death. But yeah, I could deal with an INTP...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't mind working for an INTP, as long as he/she can get to the point and be concise. Start off with the big picture and I'll ask for details. Start off with the details and I will drift off into space, imagining your slow painful death. But yeah, I could deal with an INTP...

As long as you keep it imaginary. :>

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTJ's are peculiar... that devaluing, scary, pushy thing they do, they only do it to people who let them. But they're very quick to learn boundaries and tend to respect them pretty much. If you establish yours and make them clear from the word Go, seems to me there're few problems. You've gotta be accommodating, but draw a clear line in front of them that says "here, and no farther", and don't ever let them push past it, then they respect you.

Totally true - I can definitely handle them (and I like them and understand them). But it's hard for me to sit back and watch them do it to others who are less confrontational or secure. It looks like bullying. Not a fan of that sort of behavior and I will constantly fight for the underdog on principle alone.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i voted entj
a good entj's a good boss If you're planning on taking over the world and stuffs like that.
I'm already an entp i Mean, you don't need two of those @ the top oft a company.

My father's an estj, he works like a madman and confuses family and work, is uber petulant about stupid details and so on, but there's nothing some N can't fix right?!

So I'd go for an entj on the N side, thank you.
I understand than people want the cool \ not scary boss but let's get real for a second, it's about making money not drinking cocktails on the beach.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, my father is an ENTJ, when he was running the show and got angry one way or another, I didn't respond back with much emotion at all. Just said he should get his head out of his arse, I'm doing the work I need to do. I couldn't care less.

This is also why I'd never work for an ENTJ. I have a certain style when it comes to doing things, ENTJ's tend to have their own styles and try to force that onto others. Both styles may work just fine, but if it's not exactly how they want then it's by default wrong, or at least not good enough. At least that was very strong with my father, even the littlest of things. Like a certain routine of washing a car.

Most annoying was when I programmed our companies software and he wanted it a certain exact way, even though it was very ineffecient and dumb. I ended up making the program my way and he learned to live with it. But it caused many firey moments on his behalf. :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd definitely choose an INTP. Least amount of non-necessary crap to deal with.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Totally true - I can definitely handle them (and I like them and understand them). But it's hard for me to sit back and watch them do it to others who are less confrontational or secure. It looks like bullying. Not a fan of that sort of behavior and I will constantly fight for the underdog on principle alone.

Heh, I guess it's showing then, that I have never worked in an office (well, my own office, but never one of those cubicle monstrosities or multi-desk places) or for a big corporation. Only ever worked in small local businesses, with less than 10 employees, often less than 5. Easier that way to hand pick people that will work well together.

When my ENTJ and I were partners running a business, we purposely didn't pick people as employees who we thought were likely to cry if criticized, and when interviewing them, tested them for boundary defending cajones lol It was fun working with him, we worked the whole good cop, bad cop thing very effectively.

I guess working for a jerk is never fun, whatever their type. When thinking which type I'd rather work for or with, I start from the point of assuming they're not the jerk subspecies of their type and consider the plus and minus points of the non-jerk versions being in positions of authority.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, a partner for one of my businesses is an ENTJ and it is the best relationship (work or otherwise) I've ever had. I always leave our meetings feeling so happy and accomplished. We never butt heads, except when it comes to the way we speak to the employees...

I love them, but I have my own ways of doing things that would not be conducive to a boss/worker relationship.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

same here. to the point that i'd interfere at the risk getting fired.

So I'd go for an entj on the N side, thank you.
I understand than people want the cool \ not scary boss but let's get real for a second, it's about making money not drinking cocktails on the beach.

hey, just because that's how you'd run the show, that doesn't mean that's the way the rest of us would.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I'd definitely choose an INTP. Least amount of non-necessary crap to deal with.

Not so sure. There is plenty of non-necessary crap to deal with in female INTP bosses that surface when some unforeseen invisable button is pushed. However, i've delt with it pretty good. I can create some unsustainable BS that they're still pondering on to this day. Any other boss would have put a black mark on my record because they instantly assumed my BS was really BS or something:)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
hey, just because that's how you'd run the show, that doesn't mean that's the way the rest of us would.
That's about entps as entps but how some young people might percieve them to be

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4 minutes, ladies and gentlemen...that's all it took.

Predictable, Eck...I'm disappointed in you

:D

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4 minutes, ladies and gentlemen...that's all it took.

Predictable, Eck...I'm disappointed in you

:D

Yes but I was the first!

You know me amarg, I live to serve

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Get out of your house, get a job for over 20 years, and find out. The thoughts behind my post aren't as course as you may think. One Ne to another here.

So do you have any examples? I'm assuming you're not making stuff up.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*fluffs up*

As long as you calender your female bosses period and consider it, you won't have much trouble. Know when to back out for a few days.

I'd advise against asking her when her period is for above reasons however. She might laugh, but if it IS that time of the month, you'd risk your very life.

*defluffs*

On a more serious note. I never ever worked with 'women in power' face to face, so I wouldn't really know. Only with women under me. The whole time of the month bit has never been an issue.

Pregnancy is a bitch though. *mutters*

juggernaut

Permabanned
If I had to have a boss, I would probably pick an INTP because they're basically invisible in leadership roles. In essence, it would allow me to continue to be my own boss. I could probably handle an ENTP partner, but definitely not an ENTP boss. I love brainstorming with ENTPs, as they have wonderful insights. Unfortunately, they make shitty line-leaders when left entirely to their own devices. They have great plans but the execution is, sadly, another story. I like working with INTJs as well, but I think they make better mentors than bosses.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes but I was the first!

You know me amarg, I live to serve

*fluffs up*

As long as you calender your female bosses period and consider it, you won't have much trouble. Know when to back out for a few days.

I'd advise against asking her when her period is for above reasons however. She might laugh, but if it IS that time of the month, you'd risk your very life.

*defluffs*

On a more serious note. I never ever worked with 'women in power' face to face, so I wouldn't really know. Only with women under me. The whole time of the month bit has never been an issue.

Pregnancy is a bitch though. *mutters*

Pfff, at least women only suffer those crazy moments occasionally...you guys on the other hand don't come with an off-button hormonally speaking :alttongue: