22 20.95%
First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Pfff, at least women only suffer those crazy moments occasionally...you guys on the other hand don't come with an off-button hormonally speaking
    Strangely enough, girls usually don't complain about that last bit
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hmm, most women sure Amar, but some are permanently crazy, just like us men though. :P

And I sure hope not everyone is gonna miss the best pun I made today. Maybe I should've hinted more.. Even though it's quite out in the open already. Cleverly put in a supposedly serious post.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Strangely enough, girls usually don't complain about that last bit
    There's no point, besides, we're so used to it by now

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hmm, most women sure Amar, but some are permanently crazy, just like us men though. :P

And I sure hope not everyone is gonna miss the best pun I made today. Maybe I should've hinted more.. Even though it's quite out in the open already. Cleverly put in a supposedly serious post.

Sweety, I'm waiting for Eck to comment on that, so I purposefully ignored it. No offense, as good as it was...it's a cliche remark to make as well
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Oh well, thought it was good anyhow. :P

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    If I had to have a boss, I would probably pick an INTP because they're basically invisible in leadership roles. In essence, it would allow me to continue to be my own boss. I could probably handle an ENTP partner, but definitely not an ENTP boss. I love brainstorming with ENTPs, as they have wonderful insights. Unfortunately, they make shitty line-leaders when left entirely to their own devices. They have great plans but the execution is, sadly, another story. I like working with INTJs as well, but I think they make better mentors than bosses.
    See, speaking for myself, if and when I think it's worth giving a shit about, I have contingencies for contingencies up the wazzoo. Because I'm fairly good at predicting quite a few outcomes, that when I'm in 'leadership' mode, it's a zone. Details actually are something I focus on then, greatly. And, I can juggle many compartments of a task, and keep them going at once, without one lagging behind, AND, know and keep track of, particulars of each component. All this makes for a pretty good execution.

The only problem.....I rarely like being in the leadership role. Mainly BECAUSE I get like ^, which, for me just sucks the fun out of it, and makes me feel all old and responsible.....
    ...but, doesn't mean that when I set my mind to do, I can't.

For one project, with myself and my ENTJ friend leading, she had way more uncertainty, panics, over things that just popped up, which I had to smooth out. Cuz unlike the ENTJ, my main advantage is being able to juggle more than one thing, and do it well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Oh, I can totally relate to that Qre:us. And if business wasn't profitable, I wouldn't be in a leadership position myself at all.

It actually reflects on oh so many things for me. For example, becoming a forum moderator (has happened a few times on forums, really, I'm not kidding.) suddenly puts me sort of in that responsibility mode. It's like my personality changes. The same happens when I start at work in the morning, and the transition back after work is just as seemless. (Or however many times I start or stop working in a day.)

I become responsible, I put my mind to it, I execute it well. It's technically not NTP like at all. But it's like we have this mode built in, whenever responsibility comes into the play.

So I don't think saying NTP's are not capable of execution therefor wouldn't want them as a boss is a worthy arguement. As they are totally capable of execution, if they deem it important enough. And are responsible enough.

By the way, no worries, should for some wacky reason my name ever come up for moderation, I'm not interested in leadership positions outside of work, in any form. And I would decline, for this particular reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    See, speaking for myself, if and when I think it's worth giving a shit about, I have contingencies for contingencies up the wazzoo. Because I'm fairly good at predicting quite a few outcomes, that when I'm in 'leadership' mode, it's a zone. Details actually are something I focus on then, greatly. And, I can juggle many compartments of a task, and keep them going at once, without one lagging behind, AND, know and keep track of, particulars of each component. All this makes for a pretty good execution.

The only problem.....I rarely like being in the leadership role. Mainly BECAUSE I get like ^, which, for me just sucks the fun out of it, and makes me feel all old and responsible.....
    ...but, doesn't mean that when I set my mind to do, I can't.

For one project, with myself and my ENTJ friend leading, she had way more uncertainty, panics, over things that just popped up, which I had to smooth out. Cuz unlike the ENTJ, my main advantage is being able to juggle more than one thing, and do it well.
    You sound like you would make an excellent boss (I mean that sincerely). I can only go by the experiences I've had thus far with the ENTPs I've had the honor of working with. They've been great at figuring out different angles, but not too good at seeing things through to completion. I've essentially come to expect that I will be the one left holding the bag when working along side an ENTP, which is fine with me. I don't think I've ever panicked over anything in my life, but I have lost patience. The point you raised about multi-tasking is probably fair, but I don't have any problem delegating so it hasn't gotten in my way.

Like you, I have absolutely no desire to be in a leadership position. Unfortunately I do have a very strong need/desire to "rule" my own life so I occasionally get stuck there whether I like it or not.

Thanks! (prepares Juggernaut to have her opinion of me changed...in 3, 2....ONE)

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    They've been great at figuring out different angles, but not too good at seeing things through to completion. I've essentially come to expect that I will be the one left holding the bag when working along side an ENTP, which is fine with me.
    *snicker* Um...you should take that as a compliment. See, if my ass is on the line, my *last* resort is doing the shyte myself, but..........
    ...ahem...

if I can find a person, whose competency I trust....yeah, I'd bounce faster than they knew they were left holding the bag.

** not completely, but, there has been cases.....unless my Fe-guilt kicks in. Or, I really like/care of the project and/or person. It's all about a battle with my boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Good thing the employees do not choose their entrepreneur, but the other way around, if this is how you guys reason
    You mean there's reason in this thread?
    Where?

I voted ENTP, but I guess an INTP would be ok.
    I have always had problems with J bosses.