MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INTP's are doing better than I expected in this poll

(based on the overall opinion about INTP's on this forum. I know it works for me as I have plenty of happy employers. :P)
    I wouldn't mind working for an INTP, as long as he/she can get to the point and be concise. Start off with the big picture and I'll ask for details. Start off with the details and I will drift off into space, imagining your slow painful death. But yeah, I could deal with an INTP...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I wouldn't mind working for an INTP, as long as he/she can get to the point and be concise. Start off with the big picture and I'll ask for details. Start off with the details and I will drift off into space, imagining your slow painful death. But yeah, I could deal with an INTP...
    As long as you keep it imaginary. :>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ENTJ's are peculiar... that devaluing, scary, pushy thing they do, they only do it to people who let them. But they're very quick to learn boundaries and tend to respect them pretty much. If you establish yours and make them clear from the word Go, seems to me there're few problems. You've gotta be accommodating, but draw a clear line in front of them that says "here, and no farther", and don't ever let them push past it, then they respect you.
    Totally true - I can definitely handle them (and I like them and understand them). But it's hard for me to sit back and watch them do it to others who are less confrontational or secure. It looks like bullying. Not a fan of that sort of behavior and I will constantly fight for the underdog on principle alone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

i voted entj
    a good entj's a good boss If you're planning on taking over the world and stuffs like that.
    I'm already an entp i Mean, you don't need two of those @ the top oft a company.

My father's an estj, he works like a madman and confuses family and work, is uber petulant about stupid details and so on, but there's nothing some N can't fix right?!

So I'd go for an entj on the N side, thank you.
    I understand than people want the cool \ not scary boss but let's get real for a second, it's about making money not drinking cocktails on the beach.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Heh, my father is an ENTJ, when he was running the show and got angry one way or another, I didn't respond back with much emotion at all. Just said he should get his head out of his arse, I'm doing the work I need to do. I couldn't care less.

This is also why I'd never work for an ENTJ. I have a certain style when it comes to doing things, ENTJ's tend to have their own styles and try to force that onto others. Both styles may work just fine, but if it's not exactly how they want then it's by default wrong, or at least not good enough. At least that was very strong with my father, even the littlest of things. Like a certain routine of washing a car.

Most annoying was when I programmed our companies software and he wanted it a certain exact way, even though it was very ineffecient and dumb. I ended up making the program my way and he learned to live with it. But it caused many firey moments on his behalf.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'd definitely choose an INTP. Least amount of non-necessary crap to deal with.

MBTI
    ENTP

Totally true - I can definitely handle them (and I like them and understand them). But it's hard for me to sit back and watch them do it to others who are less confrontational or secure. It looks like bullying. Not a fan of that sort of behavior and I will constantly fight for the underdog on principle alone.
    Heh, I guess it's showing then, that I have never worked in an office (well, my own office, but never one of those cubicle monstrosities or multi-desk places) or for a big corporation. Only ever worked in small local businesses, with less than 10 employees, often less than 5. Easier that way to hand pick people that will work well together.

When my ENTJ and I were partners running a business, we purposely didn't pick people as employees who we thought were likely to cry if criticized, and when interviewing them, tested them for boundary defending cajones lol It was fun working with him, we worked the whole good cop, bad cop thing very effectively.

I guess working for a jerk is never fun, whatever their type. When thinking which type I'd rather work for or with, I start from the point of assuming they're not the jerk subspecies of their type and consider the plus and minus points of the non-jerk versions being in positions of authority.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, a partner for one of my businesses is an ENTJ and it is the best relationship (work or otherwise) I've ever had. I always leave our meetings feeling so happy and accomplished. We never butt heads, except when it comes to the way we speak to the employees...

I love them, but I have my own ways of doing things that would not be conducive to a boss/worker relationship.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

same here. to the point that i'd interfere at the risk getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    So I'd go for an entj on the N side, thank you.
    I understand than people want the cool \ not scary boss but let's get real for a second, it's about making money not drinking cocktails on the beach.
    hey, just because that's how you'd run the show, that doesn't mean that's the way the rest of us would.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd definitely choose an INTP. Least amount of non-necessary crap to deal with.
    Not so sure. There is plenty of non-necessary crap to deal with in female INTP bosses that surface when some unforeseen invisable button is pushed. However, i've delt with it pretty good. I can create some unsustainable BS that they're still pondering on to this day. Any other boss would have put a black mark on my record because they instantly assumed my BS was really BS or something
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?