• INTJ

19 18.10%
  • INTP

22 20.95%
First 2345614 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Sounds like a depressing place to work. I don't like people breathing down my neck to get something done, either (just tell me exactly what you want and gtfo), but comatose work situations cause a creeping, numbing apathy not unlike depression. Complacency will do that, especially if the complacent have fat checks to help it.
    and I would NOT add a boss on facebook (wtf?), but compartmentalization's not everyone's speed.
    That's what it is. Nobody really cares and you don't have to care if you don't want to. No one is saying this is important, this needs to be done, this is crucial. I'm not talking about having a dragon breathing down your neck, and this is probably my J talking but there is no sense of prioritization. From my perception it feels stagnant to those who are ambitious and just right to those who are satisfied and content with how things are.

It's not that bad, though. It's one of those jobs you could easily look up in 10 years and be like how the eff did this happen?!?

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Its easy to criticize the ENFP for not knowing tech shit. But most Execs aren't very tech savy. Honestly, you probably don't know what her workload is or what is on her plate.

Reminds me of when people criticize execs for making millions of dollars per year while their employees only make $20K/year. The execs are being compensated for being on-call 24/7 and growing a ulcer from all the stress.
    Uh, not knowing how to open your microsoft outlook is hardly what I would deem tech shit.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    That's what it is. Nobody really cares and you don't have to care if you don't want to. No one is saying this is important, this needs to be done, this is crucial. I'm not talking about having a dragon breathing down your neck, and this is probably my J talking but there is no sense of prioritization. From my perception it feels stagnant to those who are ambitious and just right to those who are satisfied and content with how things are.
    Is this a government job?
    By breathing down your back, I meant micromanaging. I dislike it so I don't do it. But, yeah, I need to know what I'm doing needs to be done and that it matters if and how well I do my job. Otherwise it's sort of demoralizing.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Uh, not knowing how to open your microsoft outlook is hardly what I would deem tech shit.
    True but my point was that just because someone is incompetent in one aspect, basic computer operation, doesn't mean they don't produce anything of value.

MBTI
    ENTP

I want to have an ENTP boss. Myself.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    True but my point was that just because someone is incompetent in one aspect, basic computer operation, doesn't mean they don't produce anything of value.
    Yeah, I agree. She produces many things of value. But some imcompentancies are more debilitating than others, especially when you're in a leadership position.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

Tough pick between ENTP and ENTJ.

I went with ENTP, but I'm not sure that I'd trust an ENTP to run things smoothly. An ENTJ would get stuff done, and still be open minded enough to not piss me off.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Tough pick between ENTP and ENTJ.

I went with ENTP, but I'm not sure that I'd trust an ENTP to run things smoothly. An ENTJ would get stuff done, and still be open minded enough to not piss me off.
    I love ENTJs with a passion in many ways, but could never ever work under one... Just the constant devaluing of other people's opinions would drive me insane - to me that's their biggest flaw. This compulsive need to be right or to appear to be the only one who knows what they are doing...

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I love ENTJs with a passion in many ways, but could never ever work under one... Just the constant devaluing of other people's opinions would drive me insane - to me that's their biggest flaw. This compulsive need to be right or to appear to be the only one who knows what they are doing...
    i agree. that type of conduct isn't conducive to, and actually works completely against, what should really be the objective.

one has to be able to put the big picture before ego in order to be effective.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTP's are doing better than I expected in this poll

(based on the overall opinion about INTP's on this forum. I know it works for me as I have plenty of happy employers. :P)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTJ's are peculiar... that devaluing, scary, pushy thing they do, they only do it to people who let them. But they're very quick to learn boundaries and tend to respect them pretty much. If you establish yours and make them clear from the word Go, seems to me there're few problems. You've gotta be accommodating, but draw a clear line in front of them that says "here, and no farther", and don't ever let them push past it, then they respect you.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen