User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 78

  1. #61
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    emotions lead to procrastination, determination leads to action
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  2. #62
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, I'm sorry, but crying has never fixed a problem in human history. :P ...
    I beg to differ with you.

    Three weeks ago when my husband died and a police officer was driving me to the hospital where they were going to officially pronounce him dead and I was bent over in half from my bowels twisting and cramping like nobody's business for God knows what reason... I burst out crying... and when I was done crying... almost all the pain was gone. So crying does fix SOMETHING.

  3. #63
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    emotions lead to procrastination, determination leads to action
    I disagree.
    I've seen emotions lead to action.
    Most fistfights are proof of that.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    emotions lead to procrastination, determination leads to action
    Determination IS an emotion.

  5. #65
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm 100% positive I am an INTP and I'm 100% positive I have very strong feelings. I just have a very strong control over my feelings. I kind off assumed it's the same for every NT.
    curious... that is sort of what i have, but i always considered myself a feeler for having those feelings in the first place.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  6. #66
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Btw, assuming that ^ are A and B.

    A - F is feeling as in feeling emotion
    B - attempt at classificiation is a reality.

    Neither are my thoughts. You inferred incorrectly.

    Is illogical, given above premise.
    Both are examples of the stated theory not, as you supposed, the opposing sides of it. F does mean feeling but it does not mean that feeling means F. Otherwise feelers would be less inclined to think and that's just complete BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't leave much for guessing, I'm a very no nonsense guy to people close to me, they know exactly where I stand. (In a positive light.)
    Then if they still think you're a cold fish... illuminate
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    What's the difference though, between feeling and emotion?
    ISFJ "You have to do that because you're supposed to". If F was all about emotion then there wouldn't be this strain of irreverent traditionalism running through it. It'd be more independent and individualistic.

    Oh and that example is from a negative feedback ISFJ so it's not even about gaining approval particularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm an INTP with baggage. But trust me, INTP nonetheless.

    (I switch between Ne+Ti and Ti+Ne a bit by the way. Around close friends and on the internet, I'm quite possibly ENTP instead of INTP in many ways. But I still remain INTP by nature nonetheless. As I am not always capable of maintaining Ne+Ti.)
    High energy INTP, possibly positive feedback. Most people think I'm an E until they see my choices.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I beg to differ with you.

    Three weeks ago when my husband died and a police officer was driving me to the hospital where they were going to officially pronounce him dead and I was bent over in half from my bowels twisting and cramping like nobody's business for God knows what reason... I burst out crying... and when I was done crying... almost all the pain was gone. So crying does fix SOMETHING.
    I have heard that before too...emotional release is coming out to be a big one for T-types especially if they have the I...so for the IxTx

    more specifically IxTJ

  8. #68
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I beg to differ with you.

    Three weeks ago when my husband died and a police officer was driving me to the hospital where they were going to officially pronounce him dead and I was bent over in half from my bowels twisting and cramping like nobody's business for God knows what reason... I burst out crying... and when I was done crying... almost all the pain was gone. So crying does fix SOMETHING.
    I'm sorry that happened to you, INTJMom. That sounds like a very traumatic experience.

    But you aren't really making a reasonable argument, so much as sharing an anecdotal experience that can only be interpreted in subjective terms.

  9. #69
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Ehm yes INTJmom, I suppose I should have said crying has never solved any of my problems. I lost a loved one as well, I did cry (despite it taking me ages to actually cry about it. Took me two years. >.< The first two years I basicly just drank, used and abused away. :/), I pitied myself afterwards. It may have been a play in getting over myself but in no way did it really do anything positively to me. In the end, it was my actions after I decided to move on, that helped me move on. And not the crying or sadness.

    I understand it's not like that for everyone.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #70
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    But you aren't really making a reasonable argument, so much as sharing an anecdotal experience that can only be interpreted in subjective terms.
    An accumulation of such leads to a system or theory like the MBTI. Which is more valid the acorn or the tree?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Similar Threads

  1. How Relevant is Philosophy To Actions?
    By BlackDog in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-25-2014, 11:01 AM
  2. [INFJ] Call to Action for all INFJs
    By yeghor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 02:23 AM
  3. Box of condoms leads to evacuation
    By rivercrow in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
  4. Ambivalent Childrearing, OR "Confusion Leads to Illumination"
    By Ivy in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO