• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT authors/poets

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTJ
Jack London
George Bernard Shaw
Carl Sagan
Frank Herbert
Daniel Defoe

ENTP
Thomas More
Christopher Marlowe
Lord Byron
Lewis Caroll
Oscar Wilde
Truman Capote
Hunter S Thompson
Douglas Adams
Hilaire Belloc
Ray Bradbury
Roald Dahl
Diana Wynne Jones
Voltaire

INTJ
Jonathan Swift
Jane Austen
C S Lewis
T S Eliot
Ayn Rand
Samuel Beckett
Michael Crichton
Cormac McCarthy
Philip Pullman
Ernst Jünger
Norman MacLean
Wallace Stevens
William S. Burroughs
Ursula Le Guin
Gustave Flaubert
Ted Hughes
Philip Larkin
Frederick Douglass
Alexander Pope
J G Ballard
Flannery O'Connor
Juvenal
Henry Fielding

INTP
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Henry David Thoreau
Joseph Heller
Philip K Dick
Isaac Asimov
Martin Amis
Thomas Pynchon
Kingsley Amis
William Gaddis
Evelyn Waugh
Lemony Snicket
Will Self
Edgar Allen Poe
Donald Barthelme
Robert A Heinlein
H P Lovecraft
J M Coetzee
Umberto Eco
Neal Stephenson
Margaret Atwood
J R R Tolkien
P G Wodehouse

Perhaps Patrick Süskind, Thomas Love Peacock and C. S. Forester are NTs?

I want to hear agreements/disagreements with the above list and other suggestions...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Samuel Beckett, I would say is more like ISTJ. He is one of the favourite authors of a promiment comedian in germany, who is ISTJ aswell. I only saw "Waiting for Godot" on stage and it was very artistic, showing hard and fast beliefs and morales as concrete sensational objects, graspable by the audience. It didnt create new meaning, rather transformed things onto a new realm of perception.

I will look up other authors later. Have a pizza in the oven :D

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Samuel Beckett, I would say is more like ISTJ. He is one of the favourite authors of a promiment comedian in germany, who is ISTJ aswell. I only saw "Waiting for Godot" on stage and it was very artistic, showing hard and fast beliefs and morales as concrete sensational objects, graspable by the audience. It didnt create new meaning, rather transformed things onto a new realm of perception.

Very interesting. I would like to hear the viewpoints of others on his type.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hunter S. Thomson is my hero.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Roald Dahl!
His book boy is even funnier the the NT child thread!

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

I highly doubt Beckett could be anything but an INxx..

INTJ or INTP seems most likely, but not ISTJ.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Tom Robbins is some sort of NT I'm pretty sure.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've heard Jack London as ISTP, but I've never really studied him.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
And what about Kurt Vonnegut Jr.? I'm sure he's an NT as well. Maybe INTP.

auriel

I don't mean to stereotype here, but why was Coatzee typed as an INTP?

And as much as I want him to be INTP (being an INTP-leaning aspiring novelist more interested in writing about emotions and the human condition than abstract ideas...I know, fail) his biography seems pretty NF. I mean, I was really into environmentalism as a child, so it isn't like no INTP can ever be into "causes" or even feel strongly about them, but I mean...he's a vegan and his idealism dominates his life. I'm not necessarily diagreeing here, he has that INTP cynicism and fascination with the morbid (plus his eyes are quite NT) I just want to know why. Is there evidence of Ti-Ne in his writing?

I do think Tolkien was, though. The obsession with inventing languages, the degree to which he fleshed out the societies (systems) of Middle-Earth...it pretty much screams INTP. I honestly don't understand why he's so often typed as an NF...

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Dan Brown and Sherri Tepper would both have to be INTP and Anne Rice would have to be xNFP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
What do you think about Michel Houellebecq?

auriel

I don't mean to stereotype here, but why was Coatzee typed as an INTP?

And as much as I want him to be INTP (being an INTP-leaning aspiring novelist more interested in writing about emotions and the human condition than abstract ideas...I know, fail) his biography seems pretty NF. I mean, I was really into environmentalism as a child, so it isn't like no INTP can ever be into "causes" or even feel strongly about them, but I mean...he's a vegan and his idealism dominates his life. I'm not necessarily diagreeing here, he has that INTP cynicism and fascination with the morbid (plus his eyes are quite NT) I just want to know why. Is there evidence of Ti-Ne in his writing?

I do think Tolkien was, though. The obsession with inventing languages, the degree to which he fleshed out the societies (systems) of Middle-Earth...it pretty much screams INTP. I honestly don't understand why he's so often typed as an NF...

Changed my mind. I met more INTP's. :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dan Brown and Sherri Tepper would both have to be INTP and Anne Rice would have to be xNFP

Absolutely on Sherri Tepper. I'm not much for meeting people but I'd give my eye-teeth to talk with or meet her just once. Well...at least communicate by email.

She needs to put some more books out...I get tired of waiting, ya know?

What about Julian May? And Mary Gentle? INTP as well?

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
And here I though that an INTP poet would write 0010101100010101010100 101010101001 0101 0101010101 0101010101 010101010100100 1000101 0101000101 01001010100010 0101010 1010101 010, I know, it's not funny, but still.

Tdore

MBTI Type
INTJ
I remember reading somewhere that Nietzche was an INTJ. I do love C.S. Lewis' writing. He is quite an inspiration to me.