User Tag List

First 12

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And what about Kurt Vonnegut Jr.? I'm sure he's an NT as well. Maybe INTP.
    INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Along with Kafka, probably.
    INFP.
    4w5 sp

I don't mean to stereotype here, but why was Coatzee typed as an INTP?

And as much as I want him to be INTP (being an INTP-leaning aspiring novelist more interested in writing about emotions and the human condition than abstract ideas...I know, fail) his biography seems pretty NF. I mean, I was really into environmentalism as a child, so it isn't like no INTP can ever be into "causes" or even feel strongly about them, but I mean...he's a vegan and his idealism dominates his life. I'm not necessarily diagreeing here, he has that INTP cynicism and fascination with the morbid (plus his eyes are quite NT) I just want to know why. Is there evidence of Ti-Ne in his writing?

I do think Tolkien was, though. The obsession with inventing languages, the degree to which he fleshed out the societies (systems) of Middle-Earth...it pretty much screams INTP. I honestly don't understand why he's so often typed as an NF...

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Dan Brown and Sherri Tepper would both have to be INTP and Anne Rice would have to be xNFP
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

What do you think about Michel Houellebecq?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by auriel View Post
    I don't mean to stereotype here, but why was Coatzee typed as an INTP?

And as much as I want him to be INTP (being an INTP-leaning aspiring novelist more interested in writing about emotions and the human condition than abstract ideas...I know, fail) his biography seems pretty NF. I mean, I was really into environmentalism as a child, so it isn't like no INTP can ever be into "causes" or even feel strongly about them, but I mean...he's a vegan and his idealism dominates his life. I'm not necessarily diagreeing here, he has that INTP cynicism and fascination with the morbid (plus his eyes are quite NT) I just want to know why. Is there evidence of Ti-Ne in his writing?

I do think Tolkien was, though. The obsession with inventing languages, the degree to which he fleshed out the societies (systems) of Middle-Earth...it pretty much screams INTP. I honestly don't understand why he's so often typed as an NF...
    Changed my mind. I met more INTP's.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Dan Brown and Sherri Tepper would both have to be INTP and Anne Rice would have to be xNFP
    Absolutely on Sherri Tepper. I'm not much for meeting people but I'd give my eye-teeth to talk with or meet her just once. Well...at least communicate by email.

She needs to put some more books out...I get tired of waiting, ya know?

What about Julian May? And Mary Gentle? INTP as well?

MBTI
    intP

Thoreau is my hero. Absolutely intp.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

And here I though that an INTP poet would write 0010101100010101010100 101010101001 0101 0101010101 0101010101 010101010100100 1000101 0101000101 01001010100010 0101010 1010101 010, I know, it's not funny, but still.

MBTI
    INTJ

I remember reading somewhere that Nietzche was an INTJ. I do love C.S. Lewis' writing. He is quite an inspiration to me.