• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP - Control freak, but lover of chaos

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
All this talk about chaos...

[YOUTUBE="xea-NRcv3eQ"]Chaos, the god of destruction![/YOUTUBE]

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just said this in another thread.

Uncertainty. Uncertainty is our drive. Uncertainty drives us mad.

It's a genuine love/hate relationship. :D

It relates to this topic as well. Uncertainty is much like chaos for us. We both love and hate it. And we love to love/hate it!

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a big fan of "controlled chaos"! Never knew it before but one day as I was reflected on myself, I realized I've done very well with a good level of chaos. It's kind of fun, unpredictable yet it can be tamed...to a degree. For me, the fun is not the environment but people's reaction to it who are constantly in it and around it. I don't like clashing personalities but I appreciate differences and the best environments are those where differences are still appreciated. What's boring as hell is predictable and monotonous. I enjoy some monotony; I find some monotony even theraputic but the excitement, the fight back and getting knocked on my ass sometimes....that's on the chaos side and I need a good portion of that in my life.

I like control but what I try to control is what doesn't feel good...whether it's me or someone else. I don't try to control what's great already although sometimes, hey, it could be even MORE fun! You know us INTP's.

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I become more controller when I can't trust the other person or individuals I"m involved in an interaction with. Working with others often mean having to trust others, which I don't like doing but I'm okay doing until you prove you can't be trusted. I'm not just talking intimate relationships but even work relationships and friendships.

My dad says I'm a huge control freak and try to control everything because I've been failed a lot by people who were responsible for making decisions "in my best interest". I violently hung up the phone on him. Control THAT!

featherless-biped

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't want to be a leader or a follower. I don't like being told what to do, but I also don't like having to dictate others. I like a cooperative work style based on mutual respect, where constructive feedback is both given and taken in an easygoing and efficient manner, and people ask for help if they don't know how to do something. At every job I've ever had, there have been people who were so afraid of confrontation that they would rather whine to management about mistakes people don't even know they were making than simply correct them. I hate people like that. I hate that I have to endure incompetent bureaucrats day in and day out, whose entire jobs only exist because adult babies need someone to tattle to about everything after their parents die of old age.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always thought a controlled chaos was ideal, if that makes any sense (with the requisite that I'm the one maintain/defining the ideal control parameters). Like my work space isn't the tidiest but there is a certain method to the madness and if someone tries to change that or "clean up" my work space, I become very stressed out.

It actually stresses me out to play the part of the control freak, I'd rather people be able to operate on their own, but unfortunately people sometimes need more direction or control.

Amberiat

Infinity
I've always thought a controlled chaos was ideal, if that makes any sense (with the requisite that I'm the one maintain/defining the ideal control parameters). Like my work space isn't the tidiest but there is a certain method to the madness and if someone tries to change that or "clean up" my work space, I become very stressed out.

It actually stresses me out to play the part of the control freak, I'd rather people be able to operate on their own, but unfortunately people sometimes need more direction or control.

I'd rather focus on myself and let people do their own thing as well but then I worry about them doing something stupid and potentially(most definitely) mess things up, so I feel the need to micromanage people while at the same time resisting being controlled myself, both because I find it boring and obnoxious and because I think I can do better if I'm let to my own devices.