Thread: Single ENTPs

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, maybe I need to figure out how to relax, but ironically I can't do that with another person.

ESTJ? Dunno, have only had weird bad experiences... But one of my best friends is of that persuasion and she kinda rocks... I just don't think they would like someone like me romantically, though - I'm kinda stubborn when it comes down to it. I know my own shortcomings...

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I just don't think they would like someone like me romantically, though - I'm kinda stubborn when it comes down to it. I know my own shortcomings...
    i can relate. i've felt/intuited this a time or two. Allthough i've never noticed hints of my shortcomings, even though i know they were there. But that could be how N and S work. Neither see the hints from the other. i'd venture to say that S doesn't notice the hints to a higher degree, which leaves us with the final option. You know what that is... truthful articulation
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Oh gosh, I can't handle Ss of any stripe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, maybe I need to figure out how to relax, but ironically I can't do that with another person.

ESTJ? Dunno, have only had weird bad experiences... But one of my best friends is of that persuasion and she kinda rocks... I just don't think they would like someone like me romantically, though - I'm kinda stubborn when it comes down to it. I know my own shortcomings...

If it's any consolation, a good, long lasting match for anyone is hard to come by - especially so for an N. Half the marriages end in divorce and there non-love related reasons why the people in the other half stay married.

Also, stay away from ESTJs. I'm sure they make great mates, but not for ENTPs.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm confused too Jen. I want an amazing relationship and nothing less, maybe I just like looking for it and never finding it, I don't know. I know there's somebody that will fit me well. I don't want to be in an old stale life or relationship.

I'm a huge and amazing sail going to waste without the wind filling me full of life. Someplace out there is a boat missing a sail but wanting adventure and excitement. Together maybe will will offer a wonderful balance.

I often doubt anybody will fit into my life but I'm very adaptable so who knows. I don't want to be with somebody stuck to a 9-5 so there's no chance of adventure.

Fuck, I don't know, I'm confused about what I should do and even I'm starting to conclude I will just stay single. I am starting to wonder if the ENTP/ENTP or maybe ENFP match is a good thing provided both are mature and seeking a quality relationship.

I don't know Babe but at least we have each other, even if we get married and go our own ways half the year.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I sometimes wonder if monogamy really has any inherent value for us. I know that it does for a lot of people, that they need that, but I just don't know if we're biologically cut out for it. I see so many people constantly distraught over relationship problems and I wonder if two human personalities can be expected to remain close enough for intimate exclusivity for life. Life is a long fucking time!

So many more people to explore, why do I need to commit my entire life to one?

Also, isn't it statistically probable that even if you find "the one", there are probably numerous even better matches for you out there? Consider the miniscule fraction of people in the world that you'll actually encounter in your lifetime, and it doesn't seem too likely that your "one true love" exists among them.

What if thought you'd found the one and then ended up meeting someone even better? How can you know there isn't anything better out there? How can you be content not looking for it?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yeah, yeah. I know. Personal space. This is code for "getting my way".
    no fucking doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    (although it can be fun if you can infuse fun into it, like playing manhunt in Wal*Mart at 2 in the morning)
    I love manhunt, but in the woods at night.
    The last thing I want to feel is stuck or obligated.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You have to build and develop the relationship. In my experience, it just seems like INTP / ENTP are horrible at being team players, so they have challenges when it comes to making something with their partner.
    I'm a pretty good team player at game time, but I don't always want it to be game time. I work best with a partner (not necessarily romantic...) and I like to be a part of a team. Just not always.

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    But that could be how N and S work. Neither see the hints from the other.
    That's so true and it really sucks. I have some wonderful Ss in my life and this letter should not be coming between us...

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    If it's any consolation, a good, long lasting match for anyone is hard to come by - especially so for an N. Half the marriages end in divorce and there non-love related reasons why the people in the other half stay married.
    It is a good consolation, thanks. But I truly want everyone to be happy, not just me or the few people in good relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I'm confused too Jen. I want an amazing relationship and nothing less, maybe I just like looking for it and never finding it, I don't know. I know there's somebody that will fit me well. I don't want to be in an old stale life or relationship.

I don't know Babe but at least we have each other, even if we get married and go our own ways half the year.
    I don't even know if I want an amazing relationship, I honestly like my life the way it is. I'm just concerned about not growing as a person. But what is growth, really? Who is to say that doing this sort of thing makes you "grow"? Sometimes, I think that I'm the evolved one for not needing dependency... I don't know.

Yes, we have each other.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I sometimes wonder if monogamy really has any inherent value for us. I know that it does for a lot of people, that they need that, but I just don't know if we're biologically cut out for it.
    I don't believe in monogamy either, but I believe in honoring commitments. So if a man I love demands monogamy, I will most likely do it and pray that I don't harbor resentments... but I guess I don't have to worry about that now anyway.

Anything is possible. The question is, do you want it to be possible? What would the most ideal long-term relationship for you be like? Let loose and don't worry about how realistic it is.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't know if I want it to be possible. Are you in a relationship?