User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: Single ENTPs

There is a certain challenge to maintaining a successful relationship that I enjoy.

Your right about freedom though. That was a major problem in my last relationship. I can't name what type she was exactly, cause I did not really pay to much attention to types at the time, but I grew really tired of her neediness.

It's a cool feeling to be wanted, but it's also fuggin annoying as hell sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Relationships are good for.......

1. Sex

2. Someone to have fun with

I'll get in a relationship if..........

1. They seem worthy of spending time with

2. They put out quick (ENFJ's...lol)

3. They're rich and I think I can get some money out of it

I dont like relationships if.....

1. She gets too close to me too fast, or doesnt give me enough space

2. She's boring

3. A million other things... I will nitpick and find something. She talks too much, contradicts herself, too much drama, too fake, etc... Basically I like F's but they must have some common sense

4. Bad connection/No Chemistry

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    I'll get in a relationship if..........

3. They're rich and I think I can get some money out of it
    Eww, that part's skeezy. You write a good argument for others to not get involved with ENTPs *fist shake*

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I always enjoyed being single when single- as long as I'm getting some somewhere

It takes quite a bit to make me give up my freedom, but I don't regret it- I've found someone who gives me all the space I need but is still there for me if I want for him to be

I like someone who's confident in themselves and comfortable with who they are, who doesn't try to change me into what they really want and who is interesting enough to keep me fascinated over time... and someone who I'm comfortable enough with that I don't mind spending an evening in
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think the ongoing battle between being in a relationship and personal freedom is perhaps explained well by our enneagram/stacking. I recently read this description of my own etype/stack, 7 sx/sp, (provided to me by one of the local enneagram experts), and it basically described all of my relationship insecurities to a T:

The energy of the sexual instinct is, in some ways, at odds with the type Seven fixation. The Sevens focus is future oriented and outward, away from the inner world, while the sexual variant is instinctual and dwells on the inner self as far as relationships and identity are concerned. This combination can make for a Seven that can be Four-like in many ways. They can have a flamboyant style and be very moody and intense. In relationships, there is often a push-pull quality. They are very attracted to the falling in love part. The buzz and high of that is very stimulating to them, almost drug-like for them. Their problems come when that buzz wears off. They want to recreate it again and again, but they also have a way of becoming attached and sometimes very dependent on their romantic partners. On the down side, they can be very clingy but dont want at the same time to lose their freedom. When unhealthy, they can be very selfish in these relationships, things become one-sided in a way that favors the interests of the Seven.

Basically we really like the idea of romance and intense relationships, but as soon as we find one, we flip our shit in some form or fashion (even if it's with somebody that we really enjoy) because it makes us feel way too tied down and content. It can be quite childish.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Eww, that part's skeezy. You write a good argument for others to not get involved with ENTPs *fist shake*
    pLAYER hATER

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    pLAYER hATER
    HEY! You'll scare off all the rich NFs with talk like that :steam:

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

^LOL dontworry, im nottrying to hook up off a msg board

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTP

I was in the exact same boat you were in, thinking that relationships are not for me and freedom is too priceless to let go of, so I mostly stuck to open relationships or one-night-whatevers. I don't see anything wrong with the way I was living and seeking out a realtionship was not on my list to do's, if anything, I was constantly avoiding it, refusing all offers.
    A relationship just sorta happened to me after realizing that a guy that was head over heals with me has given up on ever trying to be loved back by me , and the concept of losing him hit me really hard. So I stepped back inside myself (guh stupid NT) and realized that all my rationality and logical evaluation of relationships has blinded me to the fact that the person I want to spend the rest of my life with was right in front of me (however emotional this statement may be, there was a lot of thought put into it, so I know I'm right).
    So we are still together now, and we give each other space at times, and at other times suffocate each other with cutesy lovie thingys that I used to get naucious over. We are exclusive, except for the very occasional orgies (common, that's not cheating, it's just impulsive fun).
    I think that the key to a healthy relationship is knowing how to be okay with being alone (physically and emotionally), which is why I think mature NT's are actually really well suited to a realtionships, especially the INT's, the NT's self awarness and constant evaluation makes it perfect. Once a person is mature enough to not be dependant on other people for his/her own psychological well-being than a good realtionship can be achieved, without sacrafising freedoms or jealousy, or cheating, or crying or whatever it is couple seem to always be writing poems about.

by the way, my boyfriend is an INFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

The relationship thing is fine as long you allow for the compulsive need for freedom. If you date another ENTP they'll understand this and you'll let each other live your lives without getting clingy or smothering each other.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?