User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: Single ENTPs

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm currently single. I'm picky as hell. I refuse to be in any sort of relationship (or commitment in general) that I don't feel 100% about.

I feel like with most people I meet, I can see exactly how the relationship will go. I also have a problem with picking out flaws and using them as deal breakers. I, myself, am also really good at screwing things up - once I feel I've "figured" someone out, I'll usually move onto something or someone else that is a mystery.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

Oberon

Bowie, it sounds as though you're pre-emptively failing at all your potential relationships.

MBTI
    ENTP

If only it could be a full time job
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I was thinking the past few days about how nice relationships sound in theory, but I can't reconcile it with my compulsive need for freedom. Are there any single ENTPs that regret being single? Are there partnered ones that have regrets about being in a couple? I'm just trying to figure out if happy long term relationships for this type can really happen or if I'm just kidding myself...
    Any mate to an ENTP had better reconcile to the fact that ENTP's are never really tamed.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    I'm currently single. I'm picky as hell. I refuse to be in any sort of relationship (or commitment in general) that I don't feel 100% about.

I feel like with most people I meet, I can see exactly how the relationship will go. I also have a problem with picking out flaws and using them as deal breakers. I, myself, am also really good at screwing things up - once I feel I've "figured" someone out, I'll usually move onto something or someone else that is a mystery.
    Been there........done that.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Guess the mbti entp type was the best scapegoat to ever come along to reconcile ones one desire for freedom.

I am just hoping this equation plays out in the end
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

im getting really tired of sabotaging my relationships cus im bored and slightly scared. i sound mean but thats just a simplified version of how i feel in relationships after a while.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    Any mate to an ENTP had better reconcile to the fact that ENTP's are never really tamed.
    I don't think that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricB View Post
    im getting really tired of sabotaging my relationships cus im bored and slightly scared. i sound mean but thats just a simplified version of how i feel in relationships after a while.
    I can relate to that. I think that's an expectation thing. I often feel a sense of doom when things are going well. I just try to ride the feeling out since I know I cycle through various moods.

My brain needs input. In the absence of input I envision scenarios. I'm better at envisioning negative scenarios than positive scenarios sometimes. A lot of the time. But, like I said. It's about expectations. Expect good things and you can build good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Darkness View Post
    I think the major issue with ENTPs (or maybe its just me) is that we live by the motto "the grass is greener on the other side" and so if I was in a relatioship I'd fantasize about being single and if I was single I'd fantasize about being in a relationship. Maybe its just an immature ExxP thing.
    I think this is more a failure to be present. Being present is appreciating what you have. Not being present is not seeing what you have and envisioning possibilities. The bad thing about possibilities is that you can make them into whatever you want.

On another note this has been something that's been kinda bugging me for a while, am I the only ENTP who would die in a relationship with an INFJ? Because a classmate of mine is an INFJ and my mom is one too and while we can live civilly with one another I couldn't see myself with anyone like them at all. Why is it that MBTI encourages T's to go with F's and E's with I's? I could see myself with an introvert just not an introvert AND a feeler. I'd say that for a relationship to work the people would have to understand each other and I have yet to understand an NF.

(way offtopic but whatever)
    I like INFJ's. They seem to be consistent and caring, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    I'm actually starting to crave something more then just random flings and nookies.

When will ever be the right time?

There is no right time.
    There is no perfect time. I think ENTP's can also be prone to perfectionism.

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    From my experience, ENTPs seem to be jumping from relationships to relationships, being one of those types which is always on the look out for a better partner. They are fun to be around, but draining and unreliable.
    I can see people seeing me as unreliable and I suppose I am in some ways. I just count on making up for it somehow when I circle back.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post

Copy. Paste.
    (to the word)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    ENTP

I can only be single, or be in some sort of vacationship / open relationship thing. I basically go into a relationship with the expectation that it will end at some point. One of us might go to another country for a super long time, one of us might die, who knows. Life is way too chaotic, and I never know what I'm going to do. I can't be sexually monogamous, but I don't expect my partner to be either.