• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP "charm."

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Something I keep doing to foil myself is I'll be holding, say, a remote control, then without thinking I'll put it down to free a hand so I can pick up a book. A few minutes later I'll remember I had been holding the remote, and I'll go to retrieve it -- and for days, sometimes weeks or months, it will evade me. I'll methodically scour every corner of my living space, over and over again. Probably work up a head of steam.

Then one day it will magically become visible -- and it will turn out it's been in plain sight, three inches away from my keyboard, the whole time. Or right on top of the TV. Or on a shelf right next to my head.

Extra points when I do this with my glasses.

LOL! I do have giant blindspots, where I can not notice something is in the middle of the room, b/c it's just become part of the landscape.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

How could you not love that? INTPs, ftw!!

:yim_rolling_on_the_ Priceless!

I have an ENTP best friend of 15 years and counting and your posts have summed up so much of that relationship dynamic. I met him when I was 15 and we worked at the same job. True partners in crime. :devil: You guys have such an uncanny ability to read people and verbalize the ineffable. Not to mention you give us so many schemes and ideas for us to play with!

Oh Yeah...I forgot to talk about INTP charm...

1) Our dead-on one liners and rockin' sense of humor!
2) Our invariable gullibility...not because we are idiots just because we think almost anything could be possible. So we entertain the thought for a moment and then realize you were kidding around. :doh:
3) Our "where are my keys? Oh, yeah...in my hand" moments
4) Drunk + INTP = :happy2:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You guys are some of my fav toys, yes :wubbie:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I can attest that no woman can resist the charm of my glassy, vacant stare from across the room.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I can attest that no woman can resist the charm of my glassy, vacant stare from across the room.

You know, half the time I do this I'm not really looking at the person, but through them, when I'm just churning an idea around in my head. Catches me off guard when I'm called out on it and have to explain it :doh:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
You know, half the time I do this I'm not really looking at the person, but through them, when I'm just churning an idea around in my head. Catches me off guard when I'm called out on it and have to explain it :doh:

Oh yes, what is even better is if you are staring at somebody you dislike and they think you're checking them out.

redacted

I thought I wasn't INTP because I'm so damn charming :)

But yeah, if being charming is a goal, I wouldn't see why INTPs would have a problem figuring it out.

Qre:us

Mine is apparently a very intense and focused stare, even though in my head, the same thing as Jock is going on, I just choose a focal point for my eyes to steady so my mind can wander. The receipients are usually left feeling uncomfortable or freaked out.
My best friend usually to me: "what? what is it? why are you staring at me so hard?"
Me: "I was? Oh..."
Her: "Freak!"

(when really, it's just that she became the focal point because whatever words she'd last said was what piqued my intense interest...so it just happens to be then, her eyes)

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
the point is that you have the quick wit to get out of the awkward forest; the fact that it's unintentional makes it all the more endearing.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well i have a new found respect for xNTP's so *salutes*

Just don't let it go to your head ;)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
the point is that you have the quick wit to get out of the awkward forest; the fact that it's unintentional makes it all the more endearing.

Lol...awkward forest. I may use that. Describes it perfectly, lost in the awkward forest!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do you ever find it annoying to be knocked out of this revelry? I do. It's like, "Dammit. Why did you have to interrupt my vast mind of nothingness?!"

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Do you ever find it annoying to be knocked out of this revelry? I do. It's like, "Dammit. Why did you have to interrupt my vast mind of nothingness?!"

It is a bit irritating, but it can be hard to do. Somewhere in our manual I think it says "to bring back to earth, shake with gusto."

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm at my most charming when I'm out at a party, I don't know anybody but the two or three friends I came with, and the environment is slightly chaotic (loud music, crowded etc.). At these parties I know I'm not going to go all Ti on myself, and the environment provides some anonymity in the masses. If I start talking to you in such a place, you are bound to be charmed.

Kollin

MBTI Type
INXP
How To Be Charming - A Guide For INTPs:

1. Don't try to be charming. Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'
2. Use Ne. Say whatever random connection or idea pops into your head, no matter how ridiculous.
3. Utilise the "yes and" principle. Accept the information a person gives you, and add more. This keeps conversations going. Conversely, not adding more is an easy way to end conversations.
4. Actually like other people. I know, this will likely be difficult, but practice makes perfect.
5. Don't be afraid to look ridiculous, incompetent, stupid, irrational, or whatever. Embrace your inner arrogance.
6. Remember your goal is not to amuse yourself, but to amuse others.
7. Mix it up. When you find something that works, keep using it, but also keep trying other stuff until you find another thing that works, then switch to that. This way your act never gets stale.
8. Use your abilities as support, but only as support. Your intelligence, logical reasoning abilities, knowledge, intuition, etc. allows you carve out a unique and useful niche, but remember don't let yourself get subsumed in that. If you wanna be charming, that stuff has gotta take a back seat.
!

Well, there are three things actually.

1. The INTP giggle. You gotta love that. Especially when you giggle at something in your head. That always cracks me up, it’s just so random.
2. The INTP walk. Walk is probably a bit too excessive, stroll is a better word. The INTP stroll. I catch my INTP bf strolling to work, even though he’s late!
3. The INTP bewilderment. “Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere… now, where did it go?” Takes a second lap around the apartment. “I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, I’m thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass? ”

You guys brighten my day.
guilty

It really depends on the INTP and on the person doing the appreciating. I think you have to be an intuitive to appreciate our genius disfunctionality.

Yeah, some just don't get it. I don't think Sensors really appreciate it.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. I think some S's get it. But they probably appreciate much different things about us than fellow N's. I'd love to hear what S's get from us.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
fixed the title, you're welcome.

Kollin

MBTI Type
INXP
I don't know. I think some S's get it. But they probably appreciate much different things about us than fellow N's. I'd love to hear what S's get from us.

Yeah, I'm sure there are a few here and there...I would love to know that too.