• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP "charm."

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

How could you not love that? INTPs, ftw!!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

Haha, funny you say this, because my friend has told me "You're like the devil on my shoulder, only you're much smarter than my angel so it's never really a fair discussion."

Although one thing I've noticed is that people often attribute our "charm" to our inability to navigate social situations or general environment with grace or success, so it comes off as condescension.

"Aww, look at the silly INTP walk into the car/say something inappropriate. They're so cute." :shock:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ haha...i kinda feel the same way jock. :cheese:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe you're just a charming bitch!
:smooch:
Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!!

Heh. We do love our disclaimers. Can't say I've ever advocated helmet-wearing tho.....I'm more than a bit curious about that experiment, I must say....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:girlfight:

I'd much rather be charming than adorably inept. There's a difference!

hey!! presumptuous! i meant people feel that way about me too...and i KNOW!

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, there are three things actually.
3. The INTP bewilderment. “Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere… now, where did it go?” Takes a second lap around the apartment. “I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, I’m thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass? ”

You guys brighten my day.

LOL - I resemble that remark!... Damnit!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Although one thing I've noticed is that people often attribute our "charm" to our inability to navigate social situations or general environment with grace or success, so it comes off as condescension.

"Aww, look at the silly INTP walk into the car/say something inappropriate. They're so cute." :shock:

I guess I don't notice that because I get the same thing from others. ENTPs are just as loopy. And being female, I am so used to hearing that condescending tone...

But yeah, it's not funny sometimes. And I wouldn't equate that spaciness with charm. It's cute sometimes, but not charming. The charm is in your sincerity - I just can't get enough. Most things I say elicit laughs (at me??) from others. I love the fact that you guys are probably the only ones who 'get' me and actually take me seriously and encourage me to keep on keepin' on.

I'm more than a bit curious about that experiment, I must say....

See? This is what I mean - already it's beginning... :rock: (<--- you!)

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
It often catches me off guard when people like me.

I'm often going for that effect, but when someone reciprocates beyond that I'm left scratching my head wondering what I said to them.

Andonuts

MBTI Type
INTP
I've found the key is simply to exploit your wit, learn how to speak, and deliver every line with confidence.

If you keep your mouth shut most of the time and only open it for sharp, unexpected barbs, people will constantly be in awe of you.

(note that it helps that most people around you are not nearly as intelligent, and thus, easily impressed)

(but keep that last part to yourself)

marmandahalf

INTPs are my frickin favorite. After ENTPs. And INFJs. So I guess they're my third frickin favorite. Y'all even score slightly higher than ENFPs, which is saying something.

My almost-twin brother is an INTP, as are some of my friends. My favorite thing about them is that communication is so effective. I can say a word or two and they totally get it.

INTPs are as charming as ENTPs, once they open up and share the craziness that's running through their heads!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Costrin is INTP right? That's the INTP bewilderment I was talking about ;)

An ENTJ questioning an INTP's appeal is like Bill Gates questioning Einstein's charisma.

That's irony plus oxymoron right there.

;)

And, advice to the person who created the thread.
The 1st post should have come with a punchline. It would have an achieved the needed effect.

Advice to person who made this post:
Make me.

Exactly.

@ you non-charming INTPs:
Stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
It really depends on the INTP and on the person doing the appreciating. I think you have to be an intuitive to appreciate our genius disfunctionality.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
3. The INTP bewilderment. “Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere… now, where did it go?” Takes a second lap around the apartment. “I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, I’m thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass?

This reminds me of the other day in the supermarket where i spent 30 second using one hand to search my pockets for money just to realise the reason i was using one hand was because the other had the money in it.:doh:

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This reminds me of the other day in the supermarket where i spent 30 second using one hand to search my pockets for money just to realise the reason i was using one hand was because the other had the money in it.:doh:

Haha! That reminds me... and this has nothing to do with charm, however, it is a story about an INTP giving me a big laugh.

My INTP boyfriend and I were arguing about something, playfully. He was sitting in front of his computer, eating a tuna sandwich and some grapes, and I was lying in bed reading. He was saying that I should cut my project members some slack for being late sometimes. He was like: you can’t order them around, telling them what they can and cannot do, like they’re your minions. You’re not their boss! I threw a comment back, like: I order you to get me a glass of water, pronto! So he picked up a grape, threw it at me, not realizing he had dropped his tuna sandwich in his lap because he had to free his right hand from the sandwich in order to pick up the grape.

I laughed my ass off. Then I ordered him to clean off his pants.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It often catches me off guard when people like me.

I'm often going for that effect, but when someone reciprocates beyond that I'm left scratching my head wondering what I said to them.

To me, that's the real INTP charm.

And I agree with Jenocyde, your sincerity is awe inspiring.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Something I keep doing to foil myself is I'll be holding, say, a remote control, then without thinking I'll put it down to free a hand so I can pick up a book. A few minutes later I'll remember I had been holding the remote, and I'll go to retrieve it -- and for days, sometimes weeks or months, it will evade me. I'll methodically scour every corner of my living space, over and over again. Probably work up a head of steam.

Then one day it will magically become visible -- and it will turn out it's been in plain sight, three inches away from my keyboard, the whole time. Or right on top of the TV. Or on a shelf right next to my head.

Extra points when I do this with my glasses.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My charm is earned. :D

An INTP's charm is like the first price among all charms. Quite an achievement, but definatly worth it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh and I am not talking about the insecure unhealthy INTP kinda charm that is easily attained.

I'm talking about the stable, healthy INTP charm that you want in your pocket at all times for the rest of your life.