User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: INTP "charm."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Something I keep doing to foil myself is I'll be holding, say, a remote control, then without thinking I'll put it down to free a hand so I can pick up a book. A few minutes later I'll remember I had been holding the remote, and I'll go to retrieve it -- and for days, sometimes weeks or months, it will evade me. I'll methodically scour every corner of my living space, over and over again. Probably work up a head of steam.

Then one day it will magically become visible -- and it will turn out it's been in plain sight, three inches away from my keyboard, the whole time. Or right on top of the TV. Or on a shelf right next to my head.

Extra points when I do this with my glasses.
    LOL! I do have giant blindspots, where I can not notice something is in the middle of the room, b/c it's just become part of the landscape.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

How could you not love that? INTPs, ftw!!
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ Priceless!

I have an ENTP best friend of 15 years and counting and your posts have summed up so much of that relationship dynamic. I met him when I was 15 and we worked at the same job. True partners in crime. You guys have such an uncanny ability to read people and verbalize the ineffable. Not to mention you give us so many schemes and ideas for us to play with!

Oh Yeah...I forgot to talk about INTP charm...

1) Our dead-on one liners and rockin' sense of humor!
    2) Our invariable gullibility...not because we are idiots just because we think almost anything could be possible. So we entertain the thought for a moment and then realize you were kidding around.
    3) Our "where are my keys? Oh, yeah...in my hand" moments
    4) Drunk + INTP =
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You guys are some of my fav toys, yes
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    IsTP

I can attest that no woman can resist the charm of my glassy, vacant stare from across the room.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I can attest that no woman can resist the charm of my glassy, vacant stare from across the room.
    You know, half the time I do this I'm not really looking at the person, but through them, when I'm just churning an idea around in my head. Catches me off guard when I'm called out on it and have to explain it

MBTI
    YaYa

The most charming drag queen I ever met was INTP.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You know, half the time I do this I'm not really looking at the person, but through them, when I'm just churning an idea around in my head. Catches me off guard when I'm called out on it and have to explain it
    Oh yes, what is even better is if you are staring at somebody you dislike and they think you're checking them out.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I thought I wasn't INTP because I'm so damn charming

But yeah, if being charming is a goal, I wouldn't see why INTPs would have a problem figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Mine is apparently a very intense and focused stare, even though in my head, the same thing as Jock is going on, I just choose a focal point for my eyes to steady so my mind can wander. The receipients are usually left feeling uncomfortable or freaked out.
    My best friend usually to me: "what? what is it? why are you staring at me so hard?"
    Me: "I was? Oh..."
    Her: "Freak!"

(when really, it's just that she became the focal point because whatever words she'd last said was what piqued my intense interest...so it just happens to be then, her eyes)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

the point is that you have the quick wit to get out of the awkward forest; the fact that it's unintentional makes it all the more endearing.