Thread: INTP "charm."

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Though it may earn you the nickname Barbarella.

INTPs are my frickin favorite. After ENTPs. And INFJs. So I guess they're my third frickin favorite. Y'all even score slightly higher than ENFPs, which is saying something.

My almost-twin brother is an INTP, as are some of my friends. My favorite thing about them is that communication is so effective. I can say a word or two and they totally get it.

INTPs are as charming as ENTPs, once they open up and share the craziness that's running through their heads!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Costrin is INTP right? That's the INTP bewilderment I was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    An ENTJ questioning an INTP's appeal is like Bill Gates questioning Einstein's charisma.

That's irony plus oxymoron right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    And, advice to the person who created the thread.
    The 1st post should have come with a punchline. It would have an achieved the needed effect.
    Advice to person who made this post:
    Make me.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

How could you not love that? INTPs, ftw!!
    Exactly.

@ you non-charming INTPs:
    Stop giving the rest of us a bad name.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    YaYa

It really depends on the INTP and on the person doing the appreciating. I think you have to be an intuitive to appreciate our genius disfunctionality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    3. The INTP bewilderment. “Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere… now, where did it go?” Takes a second lap around the apartment. “I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, I’m thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass?
    This reminds me of the other day in the supermarket where i spent 30 second using one hand to search my pockets for money just to realise the reason i was using one hand was because the other had the money in it.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    This reminds me of the other day in the supermarket where i spent 30 second using one hand to search my pockets for money just to realise the reason i was using one hand was because the other had the money in it.
    Haha! That reminds me... and this has nothing to do with charm, however, it is a story about an INTP giving me a big laugh.

My INTP boyfriend and I were arguing about something, playfully. He was sitting in front of his computer, eating a tuna sandwich and some grapes, and I was lying in bed reading. He was saying that I should cut my project members some slack for being late sometimes. He was like: you can’t order them around, telling them what they can and cannot do, like they’re your minions. You’re not their boss! I threw a comment back, like: I order you to get me a glass of water, pronto! So he picked up a grape, threw it at me, not realizing he had dropped his tuna sandwich in his lap because he had to free his right hand from the sandwich in order to pick up the grape.

I laughed my ass off. Then I ordered him to clean off his pants.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    It often catches me off guard when people like me.

I'm often going for that effect, but when someone reciprocates beyond that I'm left scratching my head wondering what I said to them.
    To me, that's the real INTP charm.

And I agree with Jenocyde, your sincerity is awe inspiring.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Something I keep doing to foil myself is I'll be holding, say, a remote control, then without thinking I'll put it down to free a hand so I can pick up a book. A few minutes later I'll remember I had been holding the remote, and I'll go to retrieve it -- and for days, sometimes weeks or months, it will evade me. I'll methodically scour every corner of my living space, over and over again. Probably work up a head of steam.

Then one day it will magically become visible -- and it will turn out it's been in plain sight, three inches away from my keyboard, the whole time. Or right on top of the TV. Or on a shelf right next to my head.

Extra points when I do this with my glasses.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My charm is earned.

An INTP's charm is like the first price among all charms. Quite an achievement, but definatly worth it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Oh and I am not talking about the insecure unhealthy INTP kinda charm that is easily attained.

I'm talking about the stable, healthy INTP charm that you want in your pocket at all times for the rest of your life.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf