Thread: INTP "charm."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

How could you not love that? INTPs, ftw!!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!'

How could you not love that? INTPs, ftw!!
    Haha, funny you say this, because my friend has told me "You're like the devil on my shoulder, only you're much smarter than my angel so it's never really a fair discussion."

Although one thing I've noticed is that people often attribute our "charm" to our inability to navigate social situations or general environment with grace or success, so it comes off as condescension.

"Aww, look at the silly INTP walk into the car/say something inappropriate. They're so cute."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ haha...i kinda feel the same way jock.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    ^^ haha...i kinda feel the same way jock.

I'd much rather be charming than adorably inept. There's a difference!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Maybe you're just a charming bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yeah, I think it's all about chemistry. If an INTP feels that you are receptive to his looney way of thinking without judgment, he becomes less afraid to show you who he really is inside. And that's when you see the charm. I really really love being around INTPs. You guys are like the little angel on my shoulder saying, 'well, the devil has a point but make sure you wear a helmet and make sure you take the surface roughness into consideration when calculating the friction. And, by the way, I do not support this experiment. Now, go!!
    Heh. We do love our disclaimers. Can't say I've ever advocated helmet-wearing tho.....I'm more than a bit curious about that experiment, I must say....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

I'd much rather be charming than adorably inept. There's a difference!
    hey!! presumptuous! i meant people feel that way about me too...and i KNOW!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Well, there are three things actually.
    3. The INTP bewilderment. Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere now, where did it go? Takes a second lap around the apartment. I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, Im thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass?

You guys brighten my day.
    LOL - I resemble that remark!... Damnit!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Although one thing I've noticed is that people often attribute our "charm" to our inability to navigate social situations or general environment with grace or success, so it comes off as condescension.

"Aww, look at the silly INTP walk into the car/say something inappropriate. They're so cute."
    I guess I don't notice that because I get the same thing from others. ENTPs are just as loopy. And being female, I am so used to hearing that condescending tone...

But yeah, it's not funny sometimes. And I wouldn't equate that spaciness with charm. It's cute sometimes, but not charming. The charm is in your sincerity - I just can't get enough. Most things I say elicit laughs (at me??) from others. I love the fact that you guys are probably the only ones who 'get' me and actually take me seriously and encourage me to keep on keepin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I'm more than a bit curious about that experiment, I must say....
    See? This is what I mean - already it's beginning... (<--- you!)

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

It often catches me off guard when people like me.

I'm often going for that effect, but when someone reciprocates beyond that I'm left scratching my head wondering what I said to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INTP

I've found the key is simply to exploit your wit, learn how to speak, and deliver every line with confidence.

If you keep your mouth shut most of the time and only open it for sharp, unexpected barbs, people will constantly be in awe of you.

(note that it helps that most people around you are not nearly as intelligent, and thus, easily impressed)

(but keep that last part to yourself)