Thread: INTP "charm."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    How To Be Charming - A Guide For INTPs:

1. Don't try to be charming. Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'
    2. Use Ne. Say whatever random connection or idea pops into your head, no matter how ridiculous.
    3. Utilise the "yes and" principle. Accept the information a person gives you, and add more. This keeps conversations going. Conversely, not adding more is an easy way to end conversations.
    4. Actually like other people. I know, this will likely be difficult, but practice makes perfect.
    5. Don't be afraid to look ridiculous, incompetent, stupid, irrational, or whatever. Embrace your inner arrogance.
    6. Remember your goal is not to amuse yourself, but to amuse others.
    7. Mix it up. When you find something that works, keep using it, but also keep trying other stuff until you find another thing that works, then switch to that. This way your act never gets stale.
    8. Use your abilities as support, but only as support. Your intelligence, logical reasoning abilities, knowledge, intuition, etc. allows you carve out a unique and useful niche, but remember don't let yourself get subsumed in that. If you wanna be charming, that stuff has gotta take a back seat.
    9. If you get called an ENTP, you know that it's working.
    10. l2wit.
    11. Change your name to Costrin.
    12. Don't just take my word for it, try it yourself!
    Costrin! thats exactly what i did when i became an eNTP! Lets face it for an INTP to become more charming you have to either become more ENTP or get the sympathy vote - though the latter does work quite well at times.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

then it is no longer a theory and thus not interesting
    (of course we can be charming too, but not as a behavioural standard modus)
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Costrin! thats exactly what i did when i became an eNTP! Lets face it for an INTP to become more charming you have to either become more ENTP or get the sympathy vote - though the latter does work quite well at times.
    Nah, we can still maintain our introversion. Just be selective about how we apply our charm to.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think most INTP charm occurs when we think of a witty observation to make. Once you think of something funny enough, it takes almost no social skill just to say it.

When I'm with a group of people that I have nothing in common with, it's basically all I got.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

I find any attempts to be funny tend to fall flat, or at best summon a groan, yet people crack up at the most random things that I say.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Well, there are three things actually.

1. The INTP giggle. You gotta love that. Especially when you giggle at something in your head. That always cracks me up, it’s just so random.
    2. The INTP walk. Walk is probably a bit too excessive, stroll is a better word. The INTP stroll. I catch my INTP bf strolling to work, even though he’s late!
    3. The INTP bewilderment. “Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere… now, where did it go?” Takes a second lap around the apartment. “I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, I’m thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass? ”

You guys brighten my day.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Well, there are three things actually.

1. The INTP giggle. You gotta love that. Especially when you giggle at something in your head. That always cracks me up, it’s just so random.
    2. The INTP walk. Walk is probably a bit too excessive, stroll is a better word. The INTP stroll. I catch my INTP bf strolling to work, even though he’s late!
    3. The INTP bewilderment. “Where did I put the glass? I know I put it down somewhere… now, where did it go?” Takes a second lap around the apartment. “I was right here. What was I doing? Damn, I’m thirsty! Gonna get me a glass of water. Now where is my glass? ”

You guys brighten my day.
    I plead guilty to all three. Just don't really get the difference between 2 and 3. I recognize it, but it remains hard to see when strolling becomes bewilderment...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Default meh, beats doing homework...

8. Use your abilities as support, but only as support. Your intelligence, logical reasoning abilities, knowledge, intuition, etc. allows you carve out a unique and useful niche, but remember don't let yourself get subsumed in that. If you wanna be charming, that stuff has gotta take a back seat.
    gah, thats so highschool, so entp, so socially conscious.
    give me the strange/mysterious/creepy/or i know its a stretch but night avenger (please?) title any day. lol.

hmm, i suppose i flip flop between costrins list and letting my freak flag fly at full middle height. (dont want to be put in a mental asylum... dont want to find out ill fit in better there, either)

lol @ costrins intp charm guide: try pretending your an entp. or embrace your NeFe rather. you've done well to describe my NeFe phases. whats the escape plan when you've run out of E energy? pretend your too sick to leave the house?

why would i want to make self less of an individual? i like intp more than entp anyway... that and pissing people off by breaking social norms.

13. be your natural insensitive high-standard self, people will strive/want to get on your good side.
    14. study the behaviour patterns of a flock of sheep and apply to real life. Be this first to eat from untouched grass and the others will follow
    15. pretend your a parrot and soon you'll be having long and meaningful conversations with SJs.
    16. you're funny. be funny you funny bastard.
    17. if you cant initiate a conversation open your body language and people will ambush you. but be prepared otherwise this could just be a self set trap.
    18. dont be bitter like me
    19. if youre like me and get impulses to occasioanlly shout out a random/funny/inappropriate but true things, go with it, it's hilarious
    20. let your contempt for authority out. people will think your cool
    21. if pretending to be an extravert is to tiring, just try pretending to be an SP. then later everyone can sign your cast
    22. if your experience an stimualtion overload and cant come up with anything clever to say, just say something random, people will get confused and assume that its meaning is over their heads.
    23. dont wear your role play costumes outside
    24. do something stupid like wear a box as a hat. you'll make a social spalsh without saying a word
    25. take a drama class
    26. LEARN HOW TO LIE, you dont want people knowing your intp after all...

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I love the hell out of you crazy weird bastards. I have one cousin who is INTP and he's my favorite person in the world. He's actually a bit more extroverted due to age and life's circumstances, and he's got creativity seeping out of every pore. We're probably the only people that can keep up with each other. Ideas fly and bounce all over the place when we are together. He shuts my hair brained schemes down with a quickness, detailing exactly how I will fail, but with such a fierceness and intensity that all I can do is laugh laugh laugh. He's got charm for days.
    my entp friend has moments of profound confusion when people call me quiet/shy. she says im the/a crazy ring leader of the group. our relationship is freakishly similar to yours. my mind is creative too, and i think you're onto something there that i concur with, jenocyde. creativity is all about expression. i also think humour comes from the right side of the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I love the hell out of you crazy weird bastards.
    best compliment ever

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    I plead guilty to all three. Just don't really get the difference between 2 and 3. I recognize it, but it remains hard to see when strolling becomes bewilderment...
    Hey, I’m with you! I don’t know how you guys do it either.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Nah, we can still maintain our introversion. Just be selective about how we apply our charm to.
    Maintain? It's biological. Anyone who is confused about E or I must be a very confused person.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)