User Tag List

12311 Last

Banned

Default NTs, just plain rude?

For years my ESFJ mother has been on my case about my lack of consideration for other people's feeling, or put more plainly, my rudeness. I've always known her opinion of me was fairly accurate.

What I'm wondering is whether rudeness is the true defining feature of the NT personality? For a while I thought it was, perhaps, just an NTJ thing. Then I realized that were just as many, if not more, rude NTPs. After that I considered that the rude/not rude split might be along E/I lines....now I feel fairly confident that the INTs are just as rude as the ENTs. Are NTs, as a group, just rude people?

Disclaimer: If you think you're a polite NT, please feel free to politely share with us why you think that's the case. I don't want to start another flamewar between the NTs, I just would like to know how other NTs see themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I guess the feeling of disconnect and less care about the imodesty of jokes tends to come across as rude to others. I don't have that complaint about most NTs though. Besides, not having to emote all the time is kind of refreshing. I can handle feeling like I'm being called cold only so much before I need to leave the area.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heck naw! I'm a dollop of sunshine...not my fault others forget to wear sunscreen, but still wanna come out to enjoy the sunshine!

Random obs: we have 179 guests viewing the NT rationale sub-forum right now....we must be doing something right

Banned

I think the others might like watching us brutalize each other

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Are non NTs allowed to reply?

I don't think being rude is a rule or anything, NTs are perfectly capable of considering the feelings of others, it might take more of an effort but it's still a choice.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I still can't figure it out. What would bother most people doesn't actually bother me, so I think I'm being normal but they think I'm being rude. Just wrote about it in that entp are assholes thread...

Banned

I welcome all responses. Do you think the lack of F is the root of the trouble? My former ESTP husband is one of the loveliest, most well-mannered human beings I know. I wonder if it's a combination of a lack of feeling and a lack of regard for convention? I say and do the shittiest things without even trying. If it wasn't for the teary-eyed folks on the receiving end I wouldn't even known I'd done anything wrong most of the time.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I welcome all responses. Do you think the lack of F is the root of the trouble? My former ESTP husband is one of the loveliest, most well-mannered human beings I know. I wonder if it's a combination of a lack of feeling and a lack of regard for convention? I say and do the shittiest things without even trying. If it wasn't for the teary-eyed folks on the receiving end I wouldn't even known I'd done anything wrong most of the time.
    Maybe you only think you say and do the worst things due to a possible overreaction on the other parties behalf.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm with the prof on this one. Yeah, we could learn more tact, but some people truly are oversensitive. Just think for a few minutes and form each sentence 3 different ways before you actually say it. That way you have options. But hey, if I find a magic potion, I'll let ya know.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh I have my moments. Most of the time I am not rude. I think because I am 40 years old and understand what gets things accomplished.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.